We booked this hotel for a night in Manchester for a friends Birthday. Room booked online and was given a room with no windows when we arrived, wasn't told this before. We looked at the room. Was boiling hot with no ventilation! Didn't think that was legal! We upgraded to a room with a window, now costing £100. As soon as we entered the new room we were hit with full on dampness smell. The carpets was worn and had holes. Damp around the windows, taps on the wrong way round and generally in need of refurbishment which should had been done 5 years ago.
We found out our 2 other friends paid even less in other hotels which were modern and contemporary.
Can't believe this hotel could charge as much and are getting away with it. We felt completely gutted. If it was £50 cheaper I wouldn't be writing this review.
DO NOT STAY THERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel