“Far beyond expectations - fantastic!”

Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise - not much to say about the outside but once inside, that all changes. Fantastic staff from check-in to check-out (we stayed 3 nights) - upon late arrival found out we were upgraded to a better room on the floor with free wi-fi, breakfast, and some other items in the room (snacks, water, slippers, robe). We had a city view room and it was still pretty quiet (despite being in Manchester over a weekend!) Restaurant, Bar and Front Desk staff were all awesome. The room was huge and the bed super comfy. Overall it was very clean and I would highly recommend if ever in Manchester - the central location is ideal to seeing many sites within a very short walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RhiManagement, Hotel Representative at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Angtur31,

Thank you so much for discovering the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel and for the recommendation.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found everyone friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next have a chance to visit our great city

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were greeted by very friendly staff at arrival. Rooms were big and beds very good. Breakfast was above average. A cosy bar in the reception area is a good place for a drink or two. Concierge service was below par. Uninspired guy had little interest in us finding a good restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel, and I will consider to stay there next time I visit Manchester

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RhiManagement, Hotel Representative at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mal C,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel for your recent visit to Manchester and please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had with our concierge. We have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager.

We are really please that overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next have a chance to visit Manchester.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Recently visited this hotel and absolutely loved it. From the hotel decor food staff cleanliness couldn't fault a thing. Location is ideal too. If I could say one thing don't let the outside put you off this hotel (needs upgrading) as once you step through these doors it's another world. I would hate to think the appearance from outside would put anyone off. Will most definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear LeeFDublin,

Thank you for discovering the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel and we are so pleased that you had a great stay and thank you also for the recommendation.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this hotel . The only thing good i have to say about it was the location . Service very poor and had to queue up for breakfast waited 30 min on omelet and it was runny in the middle . Service poor,slow and overly friendly with doorman wanting a hug . It was raining and we asked for an umbrella and was given a cheap fold up with the letter r on paper Sellotaped to handle . Lighting in rooms was very poor and not a nice feel. It has to be the worst Renaissance I have stayed in. Sorry but that's how I feel .

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear annie_champagne2004,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel for your stay in February. We have sent you a private message regarding your feedback and hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

A one night stay. Hotel is in a good location in city centre. From the outside the place looks terrible but inside it is perfect.

The rooms are either quirky or weird depending on your point if view. I am not sure where I stand. I did not like the fact that the toilet and toilet door was right beside the bed. It is a huge room, surely there is a better layout. It looks like the renovation did not extend to the bathroom which felt plasticky and the ceiling tiles rather cheap.

Marriott Rewards: breakfast is complementary in the restaurant for elites (I think). I ate breakfast (which was quite good) and was not changed. The host wanted to charge me as she said I did not have breakfast in my rate. I asked about marriott rewards, she went off to check but never came back with an answer. There was no charge on my bill so it must have been worked out.

Tea should be served hot. At breakfast the staff pre-make tea in large pots which sit near the host until guests arrive and are seated with the now luke warm tea. Surely this efficiency measure cannot save much time?

The hotel arranged for a taxi to the airport. The receptionist said it was a fixed fee arrangement for 20 pounds, but the driver turned on a meter and charged the fare on the meter which was more. Perhaps this is something to look into.

Overall a good base for a short stay. The quirky rooms make the place interesting, but you will likely not want to lounge around the hotel for the day.

• Stayed: March 2014
RhiManagement, Hotel representative at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear MR_Gold_IRL,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel for your recent trip to Manchester and for your feedback.

We have shared your comments regarding breakfast with our Food & Beverage team so they can use these for retraining purposes and we apologise for any inconvinience caused.

We have also spoken to the taxi company regarding your experience and we will monitor the situation closely.

We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back when you next have an opportunity to visit Manchester.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for one night in March 2014. The rooms are large and the beds are really comfortable. It did have two downfalls for me

1) If you want to use the internet in your room, it's £6 for the first hour.

2) The breakfast wasn't up to much. I was quite early for breakfast (7:30am) and there wasn't much options.

Overall, it was a really nice hotel, with a 10 minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ptmagnew,

Thank you for discovering the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel for your recent visit to Manchester.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of breakfast options at 7.30am and we have shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage Team so they can look into this.

We hope that we can welcome you back when you are next in Manchester.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for work as we had an event there and I was quite impressed.

Check in staff were efficient and friendly, a good start. My room was quite a large L shape - had 2 comfortable double beds (I slept very well and normally I don't) and a separate seating area with coffee table and work desk. The feature wall with a huge photo of buildings was quite nice and meant the walls didn't need tacky miscellaneous art. The room was spacious and after talking to my colleagues it seems that quite a few of the rooms were like mine (2 double bed with lots of space). The bathroom was very clean. I was very impressed and especially so as the staff are very friendly and helpful - I called to ask for chamomile tea as there were no herbal teas in the room and they were brought to me in a few minutes.

The restaurant is small and the menu not extensive but it was mostly good - everyone enjoyed the food apart from those who had the gnocchi saying it was floury and bland. The fish and chips and pulled pork sliders were especially praised.

The event we had at the hotel got off to a bad start as the morning pastries didn't come out on time but after we spoke to the staff they worked hard to get something out and were very attentive after that. The salad buffet lunch was very good and enjoyed by all our delegates.

I travel about quiet a bit for work and have stayed in quite a few hotels and I am impressed with the level of service at this Marriott (my company have avoided Marriott hotels recently due to bad customer service). It's also a great price for what you get, would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Weece,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel for your recent event and we are really pleased that you had a great stay.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team along with your great pictures.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look frward to welcoming you back when you next have an opportunity to visit Manchester.