“The internet rate - Way to go”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #68 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My wife and I stayed one night on the special internet rate. We were picked up by a very nice gentleman for the short ride to the Hotel For the price we received a nice double room, including a romantic candle lit dinner and buffet breakfast. We arived in he early afternoon and after being driven back to the airport took the convenent train back to Manchester. When we got back we found a bottle of Champaigne and a box of candy in our room. This was a sweat deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Etrop Grange

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed for 1 night prior to going on holiday,room was ok if a little tired,staff were very good,food was also good ,the evening meal expensive for what you got but i suppose you expect that at airport hotels.Transfer to airport and return of car no problems phoned up after picking up cases and car delivered to us at the airport within 10 minutes.Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rsbron
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We held our wedding at Etrop on 18th November 2011. The day was just perfect in every way. Helen was great at helping us plan our day but I have to say that on the day Luciano was just fantastic. He made me feel like a princess all day long and we both feel that him and his staff did everything possible to make our day special from start to finish. Nothing was to much for them. Food was delicious and the wine kept coming, every single guest has commented on what a beautiful day it was. I would love to do it all again because we didnt want the day to end. Even breakfast the next morning was perfect with all our relatives there to join us. I would certainly reccommend Etrop to any couple wanting a really special wedding.
David and Sheila Gilchrist

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheila G
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed for a 50th birthday party, room was ok, reception staff were slow and unhelpful. The drinks price is a disgrace , even by hotel standards.

The main point was that their is residents bar, that is if they don't decide that they cannot be bothered, or that I will not be allowed on a flight if they serve me. Nice touch if I was flying but I and the group were not. None of us were drunk and all over the age of 30, I think we can be trusted, disgrace avoid like the plague

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank woodgnome76
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I recently went to this hotel for a conference.

Looking on their website it seemed to be the usual high-quality conference hotel but looks can be deceiving!

I think this may have been a good hotel some time ago but it has not been maintained for many years.

The whole hotel was cold and there was far too much going on in every room, meaning there was barely any room to sit down. The reception was packed with bags and leftover cups and plates.

The staff were very surly, the reception toilets were filthy (depsite having been cleaned recently acorrding to the job sheet!) and the food was average at best.

My room was just about acceptable but the bathroom looked like it hadn't seen a lick of paint since the 60s.

As part of the conference there, we had dinner there which was extremely poor. The soup starter was so bad with so much salt that a lot of people sent it back - so many in fact that the waiter took them all back and replaced with a different starter. The rest of the meal was nearly as poor - dry chicken and an unidentified dessert leftover from the afternoon.

Breakfast was just about ok, as long as you don't mind being told how much you're allowed to take, this as part of a buffet!

I guess it's close to the airport but there are better airport locations to be had.

We didn't even have to pay for any of this and I still think it's poort value.
Best avoided!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HornetBrad
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have just returned from a conference and stay at the Etrop Grange Hotel.
This is a charming old hotel which is situated very close to Manchester airport and railway station.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service from the airport and railway station.
My room was tastefully decorated with a very comfortable double bed.
The room facilities were excellent from a large television to an iron and ironing board.
As I was travelling alone I chose room service.
The menu was varied and the quality of the food was of a very high standard.
The staff could not do enough for me.
It is lovely to stay in an non chain style hotel.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Although we did not stay at the hotel we did have a meal in the restaurant and it was a very poor standard.
My husbands starter was inedible and my main course totally lacked flavour and was dry, my husbands was, frankly, nothing resembling it's description. We also found that the food was totally overpriced.
We certainly will not be eating there again, which is a pity as it is a lovely historic building.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple