Etrop Grange
US$161
Hilton
US$66
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$176
US$127
Travelocity
1,535 results
All reviewsmanchester airportclose to the airportfour posterposter bedan early flightflying from manchesterwedding venueshuttle serviceairport staycar parkingfollowing morningfree shuttleone night stayterminalstopovermotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Ten people had a fantastic party over two days at New Year, the staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble.
The evening room was laid out brilliantly with the standard of food service and entertainment again excellent.
We have all agreed to come again next year,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have stayed at the Etrop Grange many times in the past when I've had to visit Manchester on business. It is very convenient for the airport and certainly more personal and friendly than the big airport chains. (Also although close to the airport it's relatively quite.)
It is, however a while since I'd been there and this time, I decided it definitely needs a refurb - everything is looking very used. Rooms are traditionally furnished which looks good but isn't always practical as I couldn't see the TV when I was in bed (as I had a iron bedstead) and the lighting was very dim. The room was also very small. I had a very warm welcome but rather a cold check-out and no help with the luggage. On the second day I was there they had a big meeting on and the car park was full with no provision for guests' cars.
I ate in the restaurant one night and the food and service were very good. I recommend the duck.

Room Tip: Near the reception - the route I had was very complicated!
2  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Staying for a single night whilst on a business trip, I needed something at the cheaper end of the spectrum, but better than your standard budget hotel. The hotel is close to Manchester airport, but as their web site proclaims, t's not on the flight path, and you would never believe it is close to a busy airport. I didn't once notice any aircraft noise.

The welcome in reception is freindly, as as I made my way to the room, the staff held open doors, were vey friendly and offered to help with my bags. Quite exceptional, worthy of five star establishments.

The restaurant and bar have lots of atmosphere, and were busy. I didn't eat, so I can't recommend or otherwise on the food.

The room was comfortable, with TV, iron & ironing board, free wireless internet (ask for the code at reception), tea & coffee making facilities, plus nice touches like a couple of bottles of mineral water. There was some background noice from other rooms, doors banging, and some noise from adjacent rooms, although massively intrusive, and I had a sound night's sleep.

The only downside from the whole experience was trying to leave the car park the following morning. A conference was in progress and the car park was full of double-parked water utility vans, which delayed my departure by five minutes. The hotel offers park and fly offers for guests, so I suspect that they struggle with inadequate parking space, and they keep dozens of car keys in reception from all the double-parked vehicles. It was an annoyance which didn't particularly impact my day, but had I been in a hurry, I would have been very annoyed that the hotel knowingly allows the double parking.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Booked a daytime here after a long flight to Manchester. Booking was straightforward, and hotel is right next to airport.

When we got there in the cold, we were welcomed by cosy reception in lovely old building with mock (but tasteful) coal fire. All decorated sympathetically.

Room and bed were really nice, bathroom a bit cold.

Excellent breakfast but inflexible pricing meant it was extremely expensive for a fry-up. I.e. if you don't take advantage of all the continental options (fruit, pastries, yogurt) and porridge, you still have to pay over £13 for any kind of cooked breakfast.

Nevermind, would still go back, as waiting staff and Pete/Peter (manager?) were fantastic, and the hotel itself is so nice.

We needed a jump-start when we left and Pete was straight on the case and so helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stay at the Etrop Grange regularly on business, In terms of price and ambiance it is far superior to the Airport Hotels. The car park can get filled on busy days but the rooms are always clean and well appointed, and service always good. Particularly recommend breakfast