“excellent airport hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
merseyside
“excellent airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

we have stayed here about 30 times takes the stress out of flying relaxed atmosphere , rooms are great the beds are so comfortable , staff are so attentive, food fantastic last time we stayed which was may 20th 2012 my husband had the ribeye it was excellenty cooked and melt in the mouth,we will be staying here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Newcastle, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed here in May before an early morning flight from Manchester Airport. I've previously stayed in this hotel last year and would have no problem in staying again next time I fly from Manchester.

I arrived via train and the hotel transport collected me and took me to the hotel, check in was swift and my room was spotless, I’d got a really good deal from the hotel direct which included a bottle of sparkling wine and box of chocolates, (I thought it would be a tiny box like in some other hotels but was actually a box of all gold) I had no issues with my room (Room 7 I think it was) I have a mobility issue but when booking with the hotel I informed them and was allocated a ground floor room (the hotel has no lifts due to the age of the building).

I didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the evening meals (Domino's pizza is nearby and the hotel had no issue with me ordering food in) but early morning room service breakfast was very good and I again used the transfer service to the airport.

I wouldn't hesitate in staying again at Etrop Grange and have recommended it to friends and family for the future, all in all a great start to my holiday.

Room Tip: Any issues with mobility ask for a ground floor room-No lifts
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Had a sandwich, a drink and slept here. Used as a base for a wedding in the immediate area. Hotel was nice, clean and comfy at an alright price. Many thanks to Odette who made it her mission to look after Nana. I would use again as an alternative to the other lack of personality airport hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel looks lovely from outside and nice inside too. The welcome we got wasn't the best on arrival. Room was nice but had quite a few problems. The toilet was so noisy for about 5 minutes after you flushed it so we couldn't flush it at night in case we woke our baby. The air con kept clicking and making noises even when switched off. We told reception about these problem when we left so they may have been fixed by now. Probably would stay here again though if we were flying from Manchester again

• Stayed May 2012
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

We booked this hotel after seeing a cheap room on LastMinute.com for around £60 which including parking at the airports Jetpark 2 (literally across the road from the hotel) cost about the same as the original car parking and room stay we had booked at the Premier Inn but with much less hassle involved and a nicer hotel.

The hotel was easy to find and we parked up in the JetPark and walked across to the hotel (we could have parked at the hotel but due to an early morning flight didn't want to have to mess around moving the car again). Check-in was smooth and hassle-free and our room was very nice and very clean although perhaps slightly on the small side but more than big enough for 1 night.

We ordered room service and both enjoyed an excellent burger and chips which would be very much recommended.

We were provided with a free taxi to the airport in plenty of time for our flight and checkout was easy too.

Only slight complaint was that someone (possibly the receptionist and a guest although we cannot be sure) decided to stand in front of our door and have a conversation at 11pm which woke us both up as we had gone to bed early due to having to get up at 4am. If it was the receptionist then obviously he should know better but if it was just two guests then obviously that was not the hotels fault - anyway it did not spoil what was otherwise a good stay and we will certainly look to use this hotel again the next time we fly from Manchester.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CityTiger1981
Sale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at the hotel as a treat for my boyfriend . I have to say ive stayed at some beautiful places but this hotel certainly knows how to treat its customers . The meal was fantastic and i have to say the staff were first class you really would think you were in a f ive star hotel .I really cant wait to stay again. Diane.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This hotel was outstanding. Easy to get to - there is a shuttle bus from the airport - staff are very friendly and helpful.
The evening meal was really well presented and delicious.
I also delivered a training course there and the room was prepared well. it was ideal for the goup and extra resources were brought quickly when asked.
I will certainly be staying there again for a personal stay. it is ideal for accessing the airport and trains into Manchester.
My room was lovely overlooking a small courtyard. Very clean, airy, dressing gown and toiletries provided.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business