“Poor”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #66 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Checking was standard, missing a welcome smile.The receptionist didn't look happy at all. Our room was tired and dirty looking and also very cold, the heating didn't work properly, air con whistled throughout the night. The curtains didn't close properly, letting the light's from outside light up our room throughout the night and they were ripped. When we used the sink in the bathroom there was a banging noise coming from the pipes.

The whole place could do with a deep clean and a lick of paint. The staff could do with learning some customer service skills. The only plus for this hotel was the breakfast was ok and plenty of choice, Although overpriced.

There are far better hotels very close by for the same price, so choose one of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alli10_1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for one night (Sat 23 March) before our flight to Finland the following morning. We were picked up from the train station by the shuttle within minutes of phoning the hotel to tell them we had arrived. The driver was very friendly and chatty and dropped us at the hotel in no time. There was a wedding on and the place was buzzing. Our room was lovely - couldn't fault it - it was nice and warm, and the bathroom was a decent size. We ate in the restaurant that night and the food was good. All members of staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The full English breakfast was excellent, a buffet affair with lots of choice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Sounds enticing but the reality is different, it is definitely an Airport hotel so be prepared to be woken in the small hours by travelers heading for the airport. Not worth the price they charge, Staff could do with some Customer Service training. Check out staff were engaged in sniping over some "internal" issue when I was checking out which appeared to be much more important than dealing with me. Had to queue for ages to check-out with only one person on duty to process departures the other was more intent on pursuing their grievance with management, surely an airport hotel could get this right at the peak time of day for people leaving.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice now, & have no complaints, The ease of checkin & leaving the car with them for 21 days works well,with no fuss.
The hotel itself is old & looking a bit tired but for one night it is more than adequate, also very quiet so great for a good night sleep if you are needing to catch an early morning flight.
The chauffer mini-bus to & from the airport is hassle free, ring once you have collected your luggage & mini bus was there within 5 minutes.
We chose to dine in the restaurant & the meal was excellant, the chef came out to our table to check everything was ok & to our liking. The bar area is cosy and just right for a pre-dinner drink, will definatley stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I have written many reviews but this was not favourable. In my opinion does not rate 4 star and not worth the bill we paid. Excellent location although we were not using the airport. Room shoddy, rom service poor as waited 5 hours after request for the coffee tea biscuits to be brought to the room. Breakfast was Luke warm by the time the ordered fried egg arrived. Only redeeming feature was the staff were very friendly and accommodating

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night with some business colleagues. I arrived at Manchester airport and the hotel offers a shuttle service, however after two phone calls and a 25 minute wait I eventually arrived at the hotel.
The check in was carried out with military precision and tone, the receptionist was not rude but could do with going on a customer service training course.
The room was clean, well laid out with all the facilities you would expect, everything was in good condition and in the cupboard was an iron and ironing board, useful for when you have a client meeting in the morning. I did notice the room was cool and the heater had been turned right down and with the weather we have been having lately it could have been set higher. The bathroom was small but had everything in it. I did notice the towel rail was cold but it looked like it was connected to an electrical supply which I assumed was on some sort of timer, the bathroom was stone cold. After dinner when I returned to the room it was still not that warm despite the heater being set to maximum and the bathroom door closed. I'm far from being a cold person in fact I'm the opposite. In the morning I found the bathroom still cold and the towel rail was not working.
The bar and restaurant were OK, even if the prices in the restaurant were a little high, I spend 30% of my life in hotels so know what to expect.
When I come back to the area I would definitely consider this place again despite my comments but I would check the heating in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I just got married on Saturday 23rd March and the venue was held at this hotel. Me and my husband was completely overwelmed by the stuff and all they did for us. They made our night go so smoothly and made us feel very special. The room was so lovely and gave us free champagne on ice with roses on the bed and in diamonds. When we arrived back to the room they also made fresh sandwiches incase we was hungry after the party. the staff and wedding planner Helen was amazing and with me planning our wedding from over seas as we live in Jersey they was a great help. They couldn't do enough for us. The toastmaster was just simply brilliant.

• Stayed: March 2013