Etrop Grange
US$161
Hilton
US$66
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Midland(Manchester)
US$176
US$127
1,535 results
All reviewsmanchester airportclose to the airportfour posterposter bedan early flightflying from manchesterwedding venueshuttle serviceairport staycar parkingfollowing morningfree shuttleone night stayterminalstopovermotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was in the city for three days to participate in Conferences on cervical cancer. My friend booked this accommodation and I am very thankful to her for wonderful choice. It is is really a lovely hotel, well designed according to the need of travelers. Room was big and well laid with all the facilities that I would have expected. I really enjoyed the breakfast selection, I never missed it. Staff was very friendly all the time and I will book this place only whenever I am back in the city again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments, I had wondered, were you traveling into the city center? I am not sure people realise how easy it is to get into the middle of Manchester City from the airport train station. It only take 20 minutes at most. I hope you feel you had the best locatrion.
I was delighted to read you had you had a great stay and I have to agree I think we do a great breakfast selection.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Etrop soon.
regards

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We found the hotel very close and convenient for the airport and pleasantly full of character unlike the big chains that monopolise the airport hotel trade.

We checked in smoothly and were given directions to our room, a tad confusing and given we had bags and the number of stairs I would have expected to be offered assistance with our luggage however this didn’t happen.

The room was good, plenty of room and tastefully decorated, great big bed, a sort of semi 4 poster, although a bit disappointed with a rip in the bedding and nice clean bathroom.

The service we had from the guy behind the bar was great, he tried to find us somewhere to sit as the bar area has very few seats, but unfortunately it was 2 seats by the door or in reception. Nicely decorated although not to my tastes, burnt orange wallpaper is a bit dated for me however when we did sit on the sofa’s we fund them quite comfy.
The restaurant was a pleasant contrast I found it quite modern, light decor and a spring like feel to it.
A somewhat limited menu, approx 5 starter and 8/9 mains plus grills, I went for the battered Haddock and my friend chose the burger. Whilst we were waiting a lovely lady came from the kitchen with warm bread wrapped in a napkin and smoked uttered in a little glass urn, and sure enough when I opened it, indeed it was smoking!!! What a great touch, the bread was scrummy and the butter amazing, it was a tough call not to fill up on it!
My haddock surpassed my expectations, it was massive and perfectly cooked for me, with a stack of chunky chips and a separate dish with tartar sauce, 10 out of 10 for presentation and when I tucked into it 10 out of 10 for taste, I thoroughly enjoyed. My companion commented that the burger was very good, homemade, and cooked to perfection and scrummy chilli chutney was a pleasant accompaniment.
We shared a bottle of red, Merlot and followed with the bitter chocolate dessert, which we shared and divine is the word I would use to describe it. The meal was a definite success.

The service is very good, the barman and the waiters in the restaurant were great, and we didn’t have breakfast so we are unable to comment.

I didn’t sleep particularly well the aircon although effective is quite noisy and there seemed to be pipes around my room and it felt like I could her water gushing through them every half an hour, earplugs for me next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have stayed many times, collectively, at this hotel which is very handy for Manchester Airport and offered, included in the room price, car parking for the duration of your trip. You left your car at the hotel and it was dropped at the airport on your arrival. No more. Yes you leave it at the hotel but now have to drag your bags to the courtesy bus stop and wait whilst their one mini bus races back and forth to the hotel. If it is raining, tough. A very poor reduction in service but with the room price remaining the same. Similarly, because we were a golf group of 8 couples, we were given a slight "discount" but found ourselves in very tired miniscule rooms with dented electrical heaters, peeling wallpaper and ancient bathrooms. Very disappointing and will not be visited again. The only redeeming feature is the Kitchen and restaurant staff; it was good food, promptly served.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay. But thank you for your kind comments in regard to our food and beverage service staff. We are very proud to say we have recently won two AA rosettes.
It is a difficult one for us as some clients prefer to return to the hotel to freshen up before embarking on their onward journey. What ever your preference just drop me an email and we can do our best to accommodate your wishes.
Best regards

Reviewed 15 April 2013

we stayed here recentley and left our car whilst we went on holiday, the staff are very helpfull and the room was very comfortable,
the bathroom was clean and the linen very clean and soft.
we did not eat here but the restaraunt looked inviting

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We booked one night before our flight to the Far East. The staff were very welcoming..so much so that we both commented on this. The car was left with them whilst we were away and they handled this well.Bar menu was adequate to good and prices reasonable. Everything about the hotel had been downsized...kind of to fit in more rooms but we were only there one night and this did not matter in the slightest.
Room was clean and well prepared..albeit small. No lifts but a porter carried our cases.
Rather bizarrely there is no signage saying "Etrop Grange" so it was difficult to locate...thank goodness for the satnav.
We will come back...great value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple