“Amazing service, amazing place!”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #69 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Etrop Grange the night before taking a flight from Manchester airport to Mexico for our honeymoon. We were delighted with the friendly and efficient service of the staff, who couldnt do enough for us. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be looking to go back ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerEtrop, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Helen K

I was so pleased to learn that you both enjoyed your stay here at Etrop Grange. As you say, the team pride themselves on offering such high levels of service, but it is always great to know when a guest has taken the chance to acknowledge their efforts.

Congratulations on your marriage, and we all wish you the very best for your life together.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here last november for the first time ,what a lovely experience it was .Got picked up from the train station within 5 mins of ringing the hotel ,by a really friendly helpful mini bus driver .Got checked in straight away and taken to our room which was lovely .It was on the ground floor nice & warm & spotless .The very helpful mini bus driver brought our bags to our room and brought me some extra milk & coffee which i thought was very kind of him (sorry i forgot your name because i am so late writing this review .It was such a nice experience that i have just booked my brother in for march 20th .well done etrop grange will see you later this year .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagerEtrop, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear susan56cumbria

Although you may not be able to name the Concierge on duty that day, I am confident all four of them are deserving of the praise, as I know they pride themselves on being many guests first impression of our wonderful hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in November, and I know that the team are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Etrop Grange Hotel.

Where do I start?
Liam,Luciano,Jodi,Andrew(front desk),the French gentleman (didn’t catch his name)and I believe, John at Etrop Grange.
What a fantastic experience our wedding was from the moment we decided to book there right up until the last song of the evening.
As a slightly nervous groom I was put completely at ease with the expert handling/guidance and assistance of both Luciano and Liam in particular at every stage of the ceremony/event.
They are both a credit to their employer and along with Jodi I’m certain the hotel will be a big success as a result of their work ethic and attention to standards of service.
Everything was thought of and they were always completely available to handle any situation that occurred down to the finest detail.
Thank you so much, it was all a big success mainly due to the team at the hotel and their attention to detail all round.
I myself work in client service facing business and found the expectation was set correctly and achieved as expected continually.
The Hotel an overview
Unlike most wedding venues these days Etrop has loads of character,
The rooms are lovely and the whole place has a very warm family feel to it.
The location is quiet despite being right near the airport which is very convenient if you have family flying in like we did and there was a shuttle service to the terminal also.
Though the grounds are not huge the location they do have for outside photos is both scenic and very historic so if the weather is kind you are in a great spot and our photographer loved it as a location.
The food
The canapés which we chose from our package choices were fabulous and presented very nice indeed.
Staff were attentive and knew exactly what the contents of them were.
Unique, tasty and all done with a nice touch of class and kept everyone sober long enough until the wedding breakfast.
The wedding breakfast was served from lovely Salmon (starter), then Pork loin(main) to the Lemon tart (dessert)with speed and courtesy by very polite and helpful staff and a couple of dishes were changed by the chef ad-hoc for our elderly parents as they aren’t big on sauces etc but it was absolutely no trouble for them to do so.
The buffet in the evening was class and there were enough types of trays for most tastes from normal sandwich fayre to roasted peppers drizzled in olive oil..Fantastic!!!
The Rooms
The rooms were a nice size and very comfortable, clean and decorated with a classic feel that was in keeping with the rest of the venue.
Bathrooms were lovely/spotless also with plenty if fresh towels.
One drawback on the room situation was we booked room with a pullout bed for the mother and father or the bride to stay in on the night of our wedding; the pull out bed was for our eight year old daughter.
Another member of our wedding party had also booked a room with a pull out bed.
The plan was that should our eight year get cranky she could use the pull out bed in grandparents room or if she was up late and was still hitting the dance floor she could stay up and use the pull out bed which had been booked by our friends who would be going to bed later.
Unfortunately, despite discussing these requests on three separate occasions, grandparents did not get a room with a pull out bed and our guest was told on the day that the hotel did not have any record of her booking, not to mention the illusive pull out bed.
As we were taking our daughter to bed later on,
the hotel informed us that there were no such rooms available and it took another one of our guest to insist it be resolved immediately, it was resolved but the room change over involved a number of wedding guests plus the bride and groom leaving their reception to assist in the changeover.
While somewhat disappointing,
I can only assume this a temporary teething issue with recent staff turnover and the challenges that brings when organising events of this nature but am sure it’s just a minor crease that will be ironed for future weddings.
The one negative in an otherwise perfect wedding day.

House DJ
Darren was very amiable and just couldn’t have done anything better for us.
We gave him some rough guides and he seemed to have as good a night as we did.
Thanks for doing such a great job Darren!

Breakfast
The breakfast in the restaurant was very nice the staff were both helpful and very cheerful.
Again a credit to their employer.
Guest Feedback
The feedback we have had from our friends is that they had an amazing time and thought the whole event and all the elements that helped create it were fantastic.
Everyone commented on how nice a hotel it was and the organisation of it was top notch all round.
Some of our friends are considering it for their weddings as a result.

Overall
Safe to say, with one minor issue as an aside we had a fabulous day,
The event was superb,
The staff and the hotel were fabulous and made us feel like King & Queen for a day.
If we had our time again to do it I wouldn’t have chose Buckingham Palace over this venue.
We looked high and low locally and didn’t find anywhere else that offered such great quality at what is probably considered mid-level wedding from a cost perspective.
But I suspect we could have paid much more elsewhere and not had half as good an event.
Etrop Grange has all the elements that make a great wedding and it all stays under one roof and it all made for a day myself, my wife and all our guests will talk about for some time to come.
Congratulations to all at Etrop Grange you made our wedding day just magical!
Kind Regards
Steve & Adele (Saturday 1st March 2014)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stevie B

It was such an honour for the all the team here at Etrop Grange Hotel to be chosen and included in your momentous day. We really do work so hard behind the scenes to ensure these wonderful occasions run smoothly, and I am always delighted when our guests take the time to recognise their efforts.

We wish Adele and yourself our congratulations, and all the very best for the future; we would be pleased to see you return if you ever have occasion.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Etrop for the second time Feb 10th prior to our Mexico flight. I can only say that it was even better than the previous stay ( and that was good ! ). Very accommodating, friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant and our room was first class, warm with a comfy bed. Our transport to the airport was brilliant.
We'll done Etrop, keep up the good service. We will definitely be back next time we use Manchester airport.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol G

Dear Carol G

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at Etrop Grange Hotel. I was really pleased to read such positive feedback, I know the team and I would be happy to welcome you back the next time you have opportunity to visit the area again – I know they have already set themselves the challenge to earn another great review, and perhaps the 5th Star rating after your next stay.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Hotel for making Steve and Adele's Wedding on Saturday 1st March 2014 Perfect!
The hotel, food, staff were really great and made a very happy day an even happier one! The DJ provided was also great.
Rooms were very nice too and breakfast really good - would I recommend for a wedding YES!!!
A big thank you to Liam,Luciano and the staff for everything!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bernie A

Whilst we received a lot of great feedback on the day and the morning after, we always appreciate it when the time is taken to share the experience with our Tripadvisor audience.

It was an honour to be part of Steve and Adele’s big day, and I am so pleased that everybody enjoyed their time with us. As I mentioned to the previous reviewer, this was such a great way to start this new period in their life together.

The team and I would be delighted to see you return to Etrop Grange Hotel should you find yourself in the area in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have just returned from Etrop Grange after spending 3 nights with the hotel where we held our Wedding Ceremony and function, the experience with Etrop is one we will never ever forget. From Planning the wedding, to arrival at the hotel the night before the wedding, the service, staff, atmosphere, was simply fantastic. For any Bride & Groom planning their wedding, this is a MUST SEE venue, we had a total of 126 guests and the function room sat everyone so very comfortably with a lovely ambience. A huge sincere thanks to Luciano who is one of the most caring, attentive, persons we have ever met, his extensive knowledge and experience in the co-ordinating and management of weddings from planning through to the actual day ensures a flawless day, his attention to detail was impeccable, he simply is wonderful, nothing is too much trouble, his support and help was available at all times. We also had the same assistance with Liam who has recently joined the hotel, he too was excellent at his job and this was clear with his caring nature and service to provide, help & support, at hand to answer any questions or to confirm something had been completed. All members of the staff at the hotel, were so friendly and their wanting to help was so very genuine, the Reception staff, (Andrew) Jodi,(General Manager) Luis and Kate in the restaurant, the Bar staff, just everyone. They made us feel very special. On our wedding night the maid service staff even decorated our bridal suite in a beautifully romantic theme, it was so heart warming and on the first night complimentary chilled champagne was left. All these special complimentary additions make Etrop a truly magical experience, Our guests have all been thanking us for a wonderful day, advising the food was 100% fantastic, the bar staff attentive, the bedrooms being of excellent standard and cleanliness the venue atmosphere being warm, very friendly and like home from home, this means so much to us, however it was due to the quality of the service by all the staff members at Etrop why us and our guests had such a fabulous experience, thank you Etrop so very much, We will certainly be recommending you to our friends, family for future weddings and will return to stay, just to re-live our wedding and return to see all you lovely people. Thank you so very sincerely.
Lucy & Andrew Covell.

Room Tip: Room 1, Bridal Suite, Large lounge, four poster bed, patio doors onto court yard, a beautiful room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lucy C

On behalf of everybody here at Etrop Grange Hotel, thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience and the occasion. We were so pleased to meet such a wonderful couple, and to play host for Steve and Adele’s big day.

As you rightly mention, Luciano is adept at ensuring every detail is taken care of, reacting to and pre-empting every request that might come his way, and all with a smile on his face the whole time. All of the team were very happy to see the smiles and hear the ‘thank you’, although I am sure they are secretly pleased to see they too have been highlighted as providing excellent care and service.

I truly believe memories help shape our future selves, and it seems we have again succeeded in giving a Bride and Groom the best possible memories for the beginning of this new period in their lives together.

You would be most welcome should you ever have opportunity to return, I hope it is not too long.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was my first stay at the Etrop for an overnight stay prior to a flight.
On arrival the Receptionist was very busy as she was by herself and the phone was constant. My check-in was delayed; however the Receptionist was very pleasant with a great personality which made up for it.
I had a very early start in the morning and the transfer taxi was waiting as requested which was perfect.

The room was a four poster and very comfy indeed. The room was in a nice condition. A bit of a shame that I was by myself as this was a business trip. I needed the iron for last minute ironing. Unfortunately the iron was faulty leaking water everywhere.

Yes, I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others

Room Tip: A Four Poster Room is very nice.... :-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike-From-Yorkshire

Dear Mike-From-Yorkshire

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I apologise for the delay whilst checking into the Hotel – I know my Front of House Manager is constantly reviewing staffing and timings, and is hoping you could provide a little more information regarding the date and time of arrival so that he can investigate further.

We look forward to your next visit, and hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.