“Short notice but big smiles!”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #67 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Short notice but big smiles!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Booked at very short notice but such a lovely hotel, only had chance to enjoy the room but well worth it, so handy for airport (you could walk there!) And better and friendlier than the corporates! Old style hotel with a new age twist, plenty of parking and a shuttle service to the airport! Perfect!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
ManagerEtrop, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear martinwc

Thank you so much for your kind words! The team really works hard to ensure we offer a great product and service, and it is always nice to know a guest has taken the time to recognise and appreciate this.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Etrop Grange in the near future - we have already set ourselves the challenge of earning a 5 star rating on your next stay!

jodi@etrophotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
lancashire
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Second pre holiday stay here - this time I had booked a table in the restaurant for our evening meal. our room was lovely, large and clean, as was the bathroom. This is an old house with character and the furniture reflects this. Yes it is dated, but most of it is beautiful and suits the house - such a change from those hotels where you could be anywhere!
our meal was good, although the waiter did tell us brusquely that there were no tables, before i had even had chance to say we had booked weeks before! I would therefore suggest you book a table if you would like to eat in the restaurant.
as before, the arrangements for the transport to the terminal was great and all the other staff were very courteous and polite. we will be returning!

Dear worst

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience whilst at the Hotel. Our Restaurant is very popular with our guests and local customers alike; we do recommend booking in advance to ensure availability at an appropriate time relative to your plans.

I am certain any facets of the Hotel which you have described as dated will be remedied during our soft-refurbishment, and I hope you will appreciate the impending changes throughout in the coming years provided we maintain our excellent facilities and service - please ensure you let us know if we ever fail to exceed your expectations.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and I was not let down,clean comfy rooms nice bar to get drinks in,transfers where excellent we left the hotel at 3 in the morning before the driver started work so they booked us a taxi which they paid for ,on returned the car was dropped to us within 10 mins of phoning,excellent service again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear barlow307

Thank you again for taking the time to write a second review of Etrop Grange. I am delighted to see we have met the challenge of recording another 5 star rating from you. We are constantly reviewing the facilities and service we offer, and there we do recognise there are still many improvements we can make to remain at the forefront of Manchester's best accommodation.

I would be delighted to know your thoughts on these changes during your next stay - I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until that time, all our very best.

Penrith cumbria
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It's amazing how peoples views differ but I have to say that the positives were the closeness to the airport and the staff were extremely good. They were courteous, helpful and attentive and the shuttle service to the airport worked perfectly. However, on the reverse side the room was dated and dingy, the bathroom was "tired" to put it politely and the food was diabolical. We opted for the inclusive meal but I can safely say it was the worst meal I have had in years. We decided to play safe and had the continental breakfast after sampling the evening meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerEtrop, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Peter H

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team here at Etrop Grange.

I was bitterly disappointed to read how you have described one of our bedrooms. I would be grateful if you could take the time to contact me personally so that I may investigate further. I am contactable on 0161 499 0500, or via email noted below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

jodi@etrophotel.co.uk

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

goole
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night before our holiday to Mexico on a bed and breakfast basis. The hotel is a lovely building full of wonderful character, this might not be to everyone's taste, but it made a nice change from the usual modern airport hotels. Our room, number nineteen, was clean and comfortable and we had no issues with noise. The breakfast in the morning was superb, cooked to order, a real highlight. The Bar and dining areas were very plush, there is a patio area outside which was nice to relax with a drink in the late afternoon sun after check in. We did not dine at the hotel in the evening as the menu was expensive, having said that, it may have been worth the outlay if the breakfast was anything to go by. The only negative was that the bar did not sell any crisps or nuts. The bartender curtly informed me that they offered a snack menu, sandwiches, bar meals etc, a little bit much when you just require a nibble, and ultimately sealed the decision to dine elsewhere in the evening. On a final note, we booked through Superbreaks to take advantage of the option to purchase discounted open return tickets to Manchester Airport Railway Station. A ninety minute drive back to East Yorkshire does not hold much appeal after a 10 hour flight. The Hotel offers a complimentary transfer service to the airport terminals and railway station, which was very much appreciated.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank halifaxGoole
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My friend had booked this hotel as she was staying there as party of a wedding party. She booked a twin room and paid more for this via a late booking website. However when we got there the main guy at reception was exceptionally rude. The room wasn't ready, he kept repeating in robot fashion, as well as a condescending tone to my friend how there is no twin room available despite her booking. The air conditioning was also not working in the room. There was another wedding going on at the time. I can see he was probably stressed- but his entire manner and tone was highly inappropriate and ruined any excitement or good feeling about the hotel. There is a way to say things but unfortunately he has no idea. In fact he made us feel like an inconvenience and something nasty stuck to his shoe! Despite that, other staff and reception members were quite pleasant. Can't say that the breakfast was very nice or the room was amazing. Other 4 stars near Manchester Airport are amazing compared to this. It appears unless you are a couple or honeymooning for example you are not treated very nicely here.

Room Tip: Tell them your on your honeymoon so you get upgraded
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear SoozieSoo1975

I was shocked and surprised to read your comments regarding members of the Reception team here at Etrop Grange. All of the Front of House team were so disappointed to think it may have been one of them that has clearly let you down during your stay.

I would be grateful if you could take the time to contact me directly so that I may investigate further and discuss this with my Front of House Manager. The main Hotel telephone number is 0161 499 0500, or via email noted below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

we were married at Etrop Grange in 2012, and we decided to return the night before an early flight as a treat start to the holiday. We mentioned on check in that we had been married there and we were given a suite (lovely touch). We had dinner which was delicious as always and a bottle of fantastic wine. Many happy memories - thank you Etrop we will be back!!

1 Thank MeganB_111