“Great stopover”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #68 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Used this hotel overnight before early morning flight from Manchester .location was brill easy to find 2 mins from airport. Room price included 8 days parking ,early morning taxi and return meet and greet at airport. Evening meal was good, staff were excellent ,very informative and helpful . Only downside bar not very organised ie no ice, no lemon.

Room Tip: We just had standard room and it was big and comfortable enough with huge bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerEtrop, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Barbara M

I was delighted to read your great comments regarding your recent stay here at Etrop Grange. We do try to offer packages and facilities at competitive prices suiting every budget for our valued guests, and I am pleased to see we may be able to tempt you back again in the future.

I will investigate your experience whilst in the bar, as with the lovely weather we have in Manchester, ice & lemon are a staple requirement for guests enjoying the sunshine in our courtyard!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Etrop Grange

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night as it is very close to the airport. It has a free of charge shuttle from and to the airport so they can pick you up and drop you back at any time. The driver was extremely sociable.

We asked if the hotel can keep us our stuff for 4 nights (as we where going to travel somewhere else) and they accepted without problems.

I highly recommend this hotel specially if you only need to spend the night near the Manchester Airport for an early flight.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank swtMaggie

Dear swtMaggie

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Etrop Grange. Our Concierge/Drivers do such a wonderful job being the first or last point of contact to our guests, they seem to get a mention from every reviewer! We are always willing to offer every assistance we can to our customers, and I am pleased to see the team have succeeded again in their service delivery.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back should you ever have occasion to return.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel on June 29th, night before my trip to Corfu.Have stayed on four other occasions. Good value with airport parking included.My only complaint was the cleaning of the bathroom.Bathroom floor was rather grubby round the edges,needs a good hoover,found staff helpful.As the weather was nice was able to sit out in the garden.Didnt have evening meal,but ordered two plates of sandwiches,very nice.would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear clairedove

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, and for your constructive criticism of an issue you encountered. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I may investigate a little further, as this is not our usual standard.

Despite this, I was pleased to learn you will consider returning to Etrop Grange in the future, so I hope the team and I can look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the the Etrop Grange a few years ago, talked about it for a long time after our holiday.
The reception team and restaurant staff were great, however the room we were given had its faults, the bedroom carpet was grubby and was not hoovered. There was dust on the furniture. Bath room bin was not emptied and long black hairs on the tiled bath room floor. We moved to room 56, edge of the carpet had a thick covering of dust, crumbs under the furniture. The bathroom shower screen had no seal so the floor was soaked after showering, the bath panel was mouldy from the water ingress. The sink had cracks. The sink hot water spluttered due to the air in the pipes.
Alot of money to part with prior to starting a holiday abroad.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DasherNWEngland

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I may learn a little more about your stay, and the initial room number you were allocated before moving.

Our soft-refurbishment is well under way, which will include remedial action in many bedrooms or bathrooms to resolve maintenance problems such as the cracked sink or missing bath seals. However, this is no excuse for the poor levels of cleanliness you encountered, and I will be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping team as they are aware of the standards expected of them.

I am sorry we have clearly let you and ourselves down on this occasion, and should you ever have occasion to return to Etrop Grange, please do let me know and I will be happy to help arrange this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were a bit apprehensive as to what to expect at Etrop Grange after reading some of the other reviews on afternoon tea, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. For what we paid we consider it a bargain. We had some savoury tarts, plenty of sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and 2 small cakes each and a very large pot of coffee. We sat in the conservatory which was air conditioned and were served with a smile by a lovely waitress called Alexandra. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Magjon

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent trip to Etrop Grange.

Our fantastic Afternoon Tea offer has been running for a few months now, and with all the great positive feedback and constructive criticism received during this time, we have been constantly tweaking the service and products offered as we gauged just what our customers expected whilst they were at the Hotel.

There have been occasions where the team or product have disappointed, but I am pleased to see the changes we have made are being recognised and transferred into a great service delivery, and we are seeing many guests happily returning for a second treat!

I hope we can therefore look forward to welcoming you back again in the future too!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I bless the day I found Etrop Grange Hotel near Manchester Airport. What a lovely, gracious hotel. From the minute I was picked up at the airport I felt truly welcomed.
The room accommodation, the bar and restaurant as well as the hotel itself; all are lovely. The staff is amazing. Each person I encountered was so welcoming and helpful. One in particular was Peter who took me to and from the airport and helped me collect my rental car and return it. He even drew maps for me and helped me find my way when leaving the hotel. He was such an important part of the graciousness of Etrop Grange to me. George, who also drives the shuttle and Chris, who mans the front desk, made my stay so special.
I had a delicious breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was so well prepared and graciously served.
The room service meals I had were exceptional; such a nice surprise.
The bed was so comfortable and the "rain" shower was a blessing to this weary traveler.
The location is close to Manchester Airport but I could not hear any airport noise. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which made my stay so convenient.
I am booking myself and friends rooms at Etrop Grange again this fall and am so looking forward to being there and sharing this kind of graciousness with others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear missbean2

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience whilst at Etrop Grange.

The team members highlighted are delighted to have their efforts recognised, and I know all the team work just as hard to help them ensure a guest's stay runs as smoothly as yours. We have recently introduced the new menu offerings you dined on, and the Chef was happy to learn to read your description of them as being "exceptional", as I know a lot of time and care is spent in the preparation of our fare.

Once you have booked your return stay, please do let me know as I would be pleased to let the team know when to expect you - and I am sure they would not want to let themselves or you down given your hearty recommendation to your friends!

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Etrop Grange soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

we will return again for a treat for ourselves ..
really enjoyed this hotel so near to Manchester Airport but NO airplane noise ..
liked the surroundings .. also ample parking, pleasant staff and 5* service

Room Tip: Manchester Airport on the doorstep ..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bhgoodwin

Dear bhgoodwin

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for all our Tripadvisor friends.

Look out for all our special offers, as we are always thinking of new ways to entice our guests to return to Etrop Grange and for an extra special treat, enquire about our new Club Rooms on your next stay to make it that much more special. Being close to Manchester Airport, we also offer packages to suit every need and budget!

I hope we can look forward to seeing you return soon, and cement a place in your heart.