Gardens Hotel
  • Room Service
US$119
US$108
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$112
US$95
  • Free Internet
1,244 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenssingle roomcity centrefour poster bedfull englishexcellent locationincluding breakfasta bit tiredbudget hotelclose to piccadilly stationnorthern quartertea and coffeeshort staybreakfast was excellentyogurtstayed for one nightwetherspoons
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked to stay here for one night as I was attending the Billy Joel concert at the Phones 4 U (MEN) Arena and didn't want to add significantly to the cost of the trip. I stayed in a single, internal, room which meant there were no windows (so made the room quite warm, which I personally like) and I was pre-warned about this and also that the room was near the lifts and may be noisy. I actually found the room (109) to be fine and slept well! Maybe a bit of redecorating would be nice and the fire door next to the room needs some oil on the hinges (rather creaky/squeaky) but .... the bed was comfortable, the television worked, there was plenty of wardrobe/drawer space for a single room, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower over and everything was clean! The location is brilliant as I travelled through on the train from York and only had a short walk to find the hotel and the Arena is also within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were lovely and very helpful and polite. All the reception areas were clean and tidy too and there is a small bar. I paid a ridiculously small amount of money for this room (£35) and a lovely breakfast was included in the price too. I would heartily recommend this hotel. I have stayed in much worse places and been charged a premium rate for a single room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, this will be passed on to all the staff. If you do recommend the hotel please make sure you use our own website to ensure the best possible rates.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Gardens Hotel is ideally situated, just a short walk from Piccadilly station and right near the vibrant northern quarter with its interesting pubs, bars and restaurants.
We had a huge and comfortable room with an impressive four poster bed. Great value for money, very friendly and helpful staff.
We will remember this address when we're next in Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to receive good comments and to know that we have provided satisfaction to our guests. We agree that the location is ideal within the city centre. If you do stay again make sure you check our website for the best price guarantee and let us know if you want a Four Poster room again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

it is centrally located so the position of the hotel is very good but altough i knew that our room was without a window I was a bit dissappionted with the smell we had to stay in because there was no ventilation...so mostly we had to keep our room door open...The water pressure wasn't very good iether but i'm sure these tiny things can get solved...from a positive note we had a lovely full english breakfast which was in the room price so that was definitely a plus.....Still looking forward to book again...but definetly in a room with a window... :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting the review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry you encountered a bad odour within the room, having checked our records, nothing was reported at reception therefore it is hard to distinguish what this was. Had we been aware we may have been able to move you to an alternative room.
I will pass on your favourable comments about breakfast and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I took a gamble booking this hotel due to the central location but unfortunately it didn't pay off.. In fact I paid well over the price of what you could pay for a room at the Jury's Inn etc! I wasn't impressed with the external building, and the area seemed really dodgy especially at night. When I got in to the hotel (after struggling to find it!), I felt like I went back in time!.. I wasn't impressed with my room, whilst it looked clean from afar, I didn't dare get the UV lamp out... Who put's cheap lino in a bathroom suite that wasn't cut properly and wall papers a bathroom wall??? Overall, I wasn't impressed with my stay here and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, it is always disappointing to receive negative feedback and we do take all reviews seriously.
Our location within a busy city centre has always been a positive for the hotel and whilst we appreciate that our back entrance is onto a back street, it is well lit and close to the popular Northern Quarter area of Manchester which is a bustling part of the city night and day.
Whilst we may not be the most stylish or newest hotels within the vicinity we do ensure that our rooms are clean and our prices reviewed to ensure we are competitive. As this is a one star review your comments will be passed to our head office also.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

stayed here in January great value for money and in a brilliant location staff are very helpful polite and friendly. the only down side i think was the rooms were a bit dated and also the noise but you would expect it in a city center location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Even though it has been a while since you stayed in the hotel, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your positive comments concerning the staff will be passed on.