“Geat location”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed for three nights in November primarily to visit the Christmas markets with a friend.
We booked single rooms, and they were very large, each with a comfy double bed, large bathroom with over bath shower, Gilchrist & Soames shower gel and shampoo included. Towels were changed every day when the room was serviced. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you. If you check in early or out a while before you head off home, they will happily look after your luggage (and any extra's you've picked up) behind reception, free of charge! I stayed in room 420 and had a great night's sleep, until the Friday night, when a little noise from a club or pub kept me awake for a while.....but then again a tap dripping can wake me up!! All in all, great value and I will be staying again in December with my husband!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for posting such positive remarks following your recent visit. We only have a few single rooms so often try and offer a free upgrade. We have only recently introduced Gilchrist and Soames toiletries to the rooms and are pleased with the luxurious quality.
I will pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in December, you never know you may get another upgrade.

There are newer reviews for Gardens Hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my daughter as we were going to a concert at Manchester Arena. I wasn't expecting too much as the price was so low.
On arrival I was pleasantly surprised at the decor and cleanliness of reception and was booked in by a very pleasant chap.
Overall the room was ok, clean beds and with all the amenities you would expect. The only downside was that the room was very dimly lit - it was an inside room with no window so could have done with more lights or brighter bulbs.
In the morning we had full English breakfasts that were very nice, well cooked and hot.
Overall this was a great experience when taking the cost into account - I have stayed at much worse places and paid a lot more (yes Travelodge I mean you).
Great location, good breakfast, nice staff and overall a good stay in what must be the best value hotel in the city centre.
I would stay here again, what more can I say.

Room Tip: Go for an outside room with a window.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Many Thanks for posting such a positive review following your recent stay at the hotel, the comments will be passed on to all the staff. We are looking Into the lighting levels within the internal rooms.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just arrived from a shopping weekend, the hotel has everything we were looking for. Good central location, a few minutes walk from station and the shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room which was an internal one was not noisy but could do with a bit more lighting to make up for the lack of windows. But I would surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Many Thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit to the hotel and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into the lighting levels within the internal rooms, if you do stay in an internal room again - please ask for another lamp as we do have some at reception.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 20 November. I had a few questions for the lady on reception, she was mega helpful and pleasant - my room was a decent size and in decent condition, the breakfast was excellent, way above what I expected with the full English freshly prepared. Location was so central, only a few hudred metres from the train station, right on Piccadilly Gardens. Couple of small niggles, the toilet seat moved around a bit, and the fan in the bathroom needs replacing as it sounded like an old fog horn. Overall enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always nice to be able to pass on good feedback to the staff. I have managed to find out what room you stayed in and will ask maintenance to look at the points raised. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was slightly concerned about the cost of the room given the very central location [in the too good to be true category...] but I shouldn't have been. The chap who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful. Admittedly, the room was slightly tired in places but the bed was comfy, the linen was spotless and I had a good night's sleep. All in all, I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for the review posted following your recent stay at the hotel. We do try to ensure that our rates are competitive. I will pass on your comments concerning the friendly receptionist, this is something that we work hard, it is important to make a good impression to guests on arrival.
If you do recommend the hotel, please ensure you use our website for the "best rate guarantee" and a free breakfast.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Enjoyed our brief stay at The Gardend Hotel and i am sure we will return. The location is excellent and allows to the return to the hotel and drop your shopping off before returning to the shops. The room was fine as was the breakfast. They also have a deal with a nearby car park with was £8.50 for 24 hours. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Many Thanks for posting your review following your recent visit to the hotel, If you do decide to visit again, please ensure you book via our website to get the 'best price guarantee' and a free breakfast.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is my second visit to this Hotel, couldn't have been a better location for my requirements. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My special thanks go once again to Anthony, unfortunately we didn't get much time to chat! and to Paris. My room was more than comfortable, almost home from home! Have already recommended it to family and friends and will be visiting again whenever I am back in England.
jaqui zoetmulder

Room Tip: front of hotel is a bit noisey. Room higher was quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaqui Z

Thank you for your comments following your second visit to the hotel, I will pass on your comments to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.