“Excellent Value For Money”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #71 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The location of this place alone is worth the money, a minute's walk from Manchester Picadilly. If you're popping up for a business trip or visit on your own I would say absolutely 100% book this place.

The room was clean and larger than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise. I slept well, the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price and was good. Reception were welcoming and helpful when I needed them to call a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Many Thanks for taking the time to post a nice review following your recent stay at the hotel, your favourable comments will be circulated amongst the staff, It is always nice to know that our customers are happy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

A group of us stayed at the Gardens hotel for a concert in Manchester, we stay here every year this is due to the location,staff and the breakfast are all brillliant especially for the price we pay. We will be back next year

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Many Thanks for such a nice review following your recent stay at the hotel, We are pleased to see you will be back next year.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Gardens hotel in Manchester was a pleasure as always. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Great location, making it easy to get to the Christmas markets, shopping centres and local restaurants. Room was fine, clean and a good nights sleep was had the three nights we were there.

A pleasure as always.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a lovely review after your recent visit to the hotel, it is nice to know that our customers have enjoyed the stay at the Gardens.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

A group of 4 of us stayed for 1 night last weekend and thought the hotel was very good, the rooms were clean, beds comfy and the location was excellent. The only problem we had was the rooms were very dark, there was no big light and as we looked out onto the other side of the building there was very little natural light. The breakfast was good and the staff were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again especially if i was shopping, perfect location to drop off your bags before heading to the pub.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel, We are aware that some of the rooms are dark and we do use energy bulbs which are not as bright, as we redecorate and make improvements to rooms, the lighting is being changed. Your other favourable feedback will be forwarded to all departments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife stayed at the Gardens Hotel, with a friend, in November and enjoyed it that much she booked a couple of nights stay for her and me from 9th - 11th December.
We stayed in an executive double room (No 601) and to say the room was beautiful would be an understatement!
It was reached by our own private staircase, and was very spacious indeed. The furnishings were very comfortable and the décor was modern and relaxing. The velux windows had black-out blinds and they did their job perfectly – the room was pitch black, which is very important to my wife!
The bathroom was spacious and clean and the complimentary Gilchrist and Soames toiletries were a nice touch.
When it came to breakfast time, my wife had enthused about the vegetarian sausage that the hotel served, although neither of us are veggies. She did give me a taste of hers and I must say it was tasty. She raved about them so much, that the waiter asked chef to cook her some up to take home and she happily went home with four hot ones, all packaged nicely. She opted for the vegetarian full breakfast both mornings, but I stuck with the good old traditional full English, which was also very nice and both meals set us up for the day ahead. On our second night, we opted to stay in and ordered room service, which was nice, and promptly delivered.
The location of the hotel couldn't have been better, just a few minutes stroll to the hustle and bustle of the city and any transportation, but far enough away to get a good peaceful night's sleep.
Finally onto the staff, they are so very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. If you want to leave your luggage in the office, either before check-in or after check-out, you can – at no extra charge, leaving extra time for more shopping, exploring, or whatever you fancy!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Manchester, and would certainly always stay here myself.
Katy A – you're a star ;o)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Many Thanks for posting such a fabulous review following your recent visit to the hotel, all the staff work very hard and it is nice to be appreciated and to know that we are doing something right. We look forward to your next visit although you have already stayed in the best room, it will be hard to top that.
Thanks again from Katy and the staff and enjoy your sausages!!!!!!!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

the staff are lovely the bed comfortable and the room was clean. One one electrical socket which does the TV/hair dryer and kettle really needs more couldn't charge my phone or use laptop when doing other things which was a little bit of a pain. The internet connection was a bit weak. Other than that breakfast was nice and i had room service which was a really good price and was lovely. Great situation about a 3 minute walk from train station in one direction and Arndale in the other direction. I did have problems trying to find the hotel as the entrance isn't well sign posted and it was dark but got there in the end. Altogether i would go again.

Room Tip: Its opposite a memorial
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Many Thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. Your favourable remarks on the staff, comfort and cleanliness will be forward on to each department. We are aware of the lack of sockets within rooms and are increasing these as we redecorate rooms to cope with the demands of guests electrical appliances. There are also plans in place to review the signage as the trees which line the street although lovely do block the entrance and make us hard to find.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night on a very busy December Saturday so paid quite a lot for the room (£103). I believe it is possible to get cheaper offers at other times. I was happy from the moment I went in. Pleasant communal areas and warm and welcoming staff. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. The beds were great and had spotless clean bedding and towels. There was plenty piping hot water. I would have scored the hotel excellent but the bath tap was a bit wonky and the kettle did not switch off when it boiled so I had to unplug it. I managed to make a much appreciated cup of coffee though. I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. I will stay here again as it is in a great location and I really liked the place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Many Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry you had a problem with the taps and also the kettle in the room. I will try and locate which room you stayed in and ask maintenance to have a look. If you do stay again please book through our website to ensure you receive the best price and also a complimentary breakfast.