“Sheila. Kerry Ireland”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #72 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here Dec 3rd & 4th. Excellent location to shops, trams,Piccadilly station, restaurants etc. Would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to friends. Staff very welcoming and accommodating in getting our room ready as we arrived there at 9.30am after an early flight. Breakfast was more than adequate.

Room Tip: The internal rooms are very small and can get very hot, better to pay the bit extra for a room with...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Many Thanks for posting your review following your stay at the hotel. I am pleased you appreciated your early check in- Even though our official check in is not until 2pm, if the rooms are ready we will always allow guests an early check in with no extra charge. We hope to see you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

For the price, this hotel was great for my needs. It was cheap and in a great location and right by the tram station. There are several food and drink options nearby too. Of course the room was small, but it was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found that we were good value and centrally located. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had a one night stay here, booked via hotel's website, incredible value for money booked the day before our stay. We were just after somewhere to crash for a night out and this ticks all the boxes.

Perfect location on Piccadilly Gardens, ideal for northern quarter and gay village Really friendly reception staff, Room good size, neat and tidy with all you require, we went for an internal (no window) cheap as chips but a bit disorientating as you can't work out day or night one suggestion for the hotel, a digital clock would help with this.

We made it to the inclusive breakfast simple buffet with a reasonable selection of fruit, meat, yoghurt, cheese, juices, help yourself and a full English served to your table. Not the best ingredients but very acceptable for the price.

Will definitely use again.

Room Tip: internal rooms dark and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and to award us five stars. We do work hard to ensure our rates are competitive, you mentioned that you booked through the website, which is always the best rate guaranteed.
We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked this hotel the night before staying, that doesn't mean it's a bad hotel I had plenty of other options. The hotel could be easily missed because the entrance to the hotel is between shops. A warm welcome from reception, who had just helped 2 Aussies with info and maps of the area. My room, 306, had a view of the gardens and Portland St, 2 single beds, plenty of storage, en-suite bathroom, LCD TV about 26" with freeview and stuff for brews. Double glazed windows kept most of the traffic noise out but seeing as I knew the area I had no problems. No comments on breakfast, although I'm sure they make a good breakfast, at nearly £9 for a full English I knew places that served good food for half that price. Overall a good hotel with buses on the doorstep and the train stations about 10 mins walk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Wow a five star review, many thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay and it is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our head office are aware that the signage needs reviewing and this is something we are looking into. I will pass on your feedback to the reception team as they do work hard to make a good impression.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for NYRS, knowing it was NYRS we were happy to pay the£110 required for an internal room.
The room lighting was woefully inadequate, there are no ceiling lights and the lamps in the room were far from bright enough.
As it's an internal room with no windows for ventilation the heat become very excessive and forced us to have the fan on constantly.
Location is great, the staff seemed friendly enough, would book again for a one night stay if the price was much lower but if you are looking for luxury then search else where.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay on New Years Eve and Happy New Year to you. We are aware of the lighting issues within the internal rooms and have taken steps to improve this as we redecorate. We have to agree the location is superb and I will pass on your favourable comments to the staff. If you do decide to stay in the future please make sure you visit our website to get the best rates and a free breakfast.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here for the first time on 20/12/13 and I would definitely stay here again. The staff are polite and friendly, the room was clean and tidy and the breakfast was fab!
The hotel is literally a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station. If you are looking for somewhere reasonably priced to stay I couldn't recommend it highly enough. We went shopping the following morning after we had checked out and the staff had a room available to leave our luggage to save carrying it with us. I shall look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay, Its is always nice to receive favourable feedback and to learn that our customers will return in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time on 22/12/13 in room 123 - PLEASE fix the window! It isn't attached to the top hinge, so I was unable to open it, however to attempt to close it I then had to lift it with both hands to realign it - even then it wouldn't close properly! So I had to sleep underneath a cold draught, with the sound of outdoors all night. There was a regular loud noise, every half hour or hour maybe? Like a generator. Needless to say I only had a few hours sleep!

Reception very helpful with request for extra pillow, and when checking in/out. Didn't stay for breakfast.

For the £35 I paid, literally just for somewhere to sleep for the night it was fine. Would I stay there again? Yes! (But PLEASE get that window fixed!!)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

I am so sorry you encountered problems with your window during your recent stay at the hotel. As you mentioned the room number in your review, I will be able to ensure that the maintenance department sort this out.