“A very good budget hotel”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #70 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The location is great, right by Piccadilly Gardens -- so noise in the evenings until late is inevitable. But it's close to a range of eateries, especially in Chinatown, to shops and tram and bus links and the main tourist information centre. And only it's a couple of minutes walk from Piccadilly Station (or one stop in the free bus). The facilities are dated and my twin room was only dimly lit but it's relatively clean, I had everything I needed and I paid only £78 for two nights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Many Thanks for your response following your recent visit to Manchester, we always try to ensure our rates are competitive and have to agree you can't beat the location.
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 23 February 2014

For the price the room was good! Fantastic location! It's not a 5 star experience but for the 35 quid I paid I really can't complain, apart from them cleaning the room next door quite loud very early in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review, I am sorry that our cleaners disturbed you, I will ask the housekeeper to make all the staff aware of the importance of being quiet

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I got a good deal on this room so I didn't expect much, but this was disappointing.

Positives- excellent location, cheap (£39), clean bedding.

Negatives- grubby bathroom, extremely outdated and it sounded like a gun shot every time anyone opened and closed their door!

If you're after a cheap hotel for a night out then it does the job. But not recommended if want a good nights sleep!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lanny84
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Good Morning, thank you for posting your review, I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay, I will be looking into the issues raised with both the housekeeping and maintenance departmentsm

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for one night and found it perfect for the city centre. We stayed in a twin room which was quite large with a sofa, TV and tea and coffee facilities. The room was clean and very comfortable. One slight niggle was that as we were on the front it was a little noisy at night but tolerable. The staff were friendly and helpful and told us about a discounted car park. We lost our key cards :-( but the staff were fantastic and replaced them instantly.
We got a fantastic price and wouldn't hesitate in booking in here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning and thank you for posting your review and for awarding us five stars, it is much appreciated. Unfortunately if you are in a room on the front it can be a little noisy as Piccadilly is a busy and bustling place at all hours of the day.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was very disappointed with the room as have stopped at this hotel a few years ago and the standard of the room was a lot higher the last time I stopped. The wash basin in the bathroom had a very bad crack down the middle of it. The carpet did not fit the room properly and looked a bit grubby. The breakfast was a very good standard and made up for the disappointment of the room. I think the rooms could do do with being updated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Good Morning and thank you for your review, I am sorry you were disappointed with the standards within the room, we are in the process of updating rooms which unfortunately is a timely process.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent central location, quiet, good value and good breakfast! What more can one ask for?! Close to Pic railway station, and plenty of bus services close by, plus many excellent pubs within 10 minutes walk in the well known (for beer fans especially!) Northern Quarter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Hello and thanks for the review, glad that you found our location to the Northern Quarter to your advantage it really is a nice place to have a drink in Manchester. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Just spent 1night here, last night.I booked via the hotel website as it states that it gives the best price and includes breakfast.this did seem to be the case (although I booked 9days in advance and got a non-refundable 3day advance price but when I looked at it a few days before I stayed, it was cheaper) nevertheless, it was a good deal. We had a room at the front which was bright, having a lovely big window.The room was clean, bedding and towels clean and fresh.The room was lovely and warm, although I turned the radiator thermostat right down at bedtime and woke in the night to find it was still piping hot, which was a bit uncomfortable.I did intend to mention it on checkout but forgot.
Staff were friendly and helpful. I lost my coach ticket and they kindly printed it off for me again.The reception area and foyer area are very nice and although there Isn't a restaurant fo
r evening meals they have a dining area for breakfast. The breakfast was excellent, fruit, yoghurt, croissants, cold meats and cheeses all buffet style and a cooked breakfast served at the
table.
If I have any tiny quibbles, the two lamps provide a cosy atmosphere but are a bit useless for reading, a wall light would have been handy, and if staying more than a night, there wasn't much drawer space.the carpet was a bit stained and the bathroom was a bit "tired". I think I have read that rooms are being refurbished so that's fair enough. None of these things would prevent me returning, I think compared to pricier hotels in the area this is a very good deal..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning and thank your for posting your review following your recent stay. With regards to the rate we do offer a best rate guarantee, and are constantly reviewing and changing rates to ensure that we are competitive, if you had made us aware on arrival we would have given you the discount.
Your favourable remarks on the breakfast and the kind staff is much appreciated.

You have mentioned that you had read previous comments concerning the upgrading of rooms, this is an on going project which does take time.