“well satisfied”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I Visited This Hotel 7may and was satisfied immensely as was upgraded to a room right at the top it was a lovely room,an if given that room or one simular will visit again. The Welcome at reception was nice aswell.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello and thanks for the review following your recent stay at the hotel. Glad that you liked your upgraded room and that the staff were welcoming upon your arrival. Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Gardens Hotel

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Good place to crash after going out in Manchester. Centrally located near the Picadilly rail station, and not far from the coach stations.

The room interior was in need of some renovations. The floor boards were loose and every single one clunked and creaked as I walked across, which was, I am quite certain, a nuisance for anyone sleeping below me.

The staff were cordial, but not especially friendly.

I paid six quid for a continental breakfast that consisted of yoghurt and cereal--not worth the money. Go elsewhere for a full breakfast and pay less.

Given the price you will pay for a room here, I would recommend paying a little less and stay at a hostel. You'll have a similar experience but will pay much less.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. Yes we do have squeaky floorboards, as an old building this is something that we are aware of and as we change the carpets then this will be fixed but I apologise if this disturbed you. Sorry that you were disappointed with the continental breakfast, we have researched our competition and feel that for the price there is quite a lot of choice available, assorted muesli and cereals, fresh and preserved fruits, continental meats and cheeses, freshly baked pastries, yoghurts, fruit juices and brown and white toast. We do also serve a full English breakfast In our restaurant.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel after leaving a bad one. The staff were very helpful and polite and the hotel was in a great location right near all the shops. Our room was really nice, the decor was basic but the room was very clean! Would def stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lisa B
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Good Morning and thanks for the review following your stay at the Gardens, I will pass on your comments concerning the helpful and polite staff, they do work hard and it is nice for them to be recognised. Look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here on 30th may untill 1st June. It's was great location so handy for everything. The room was spotless you could not fault the cleaning staff they do a great job. Rooms were not highest modern rooms but they were clean and came with a big LCD TV in it and you also got free wifi. The beds were comfy the only thing that affected my sleep was noise from lift and generator. Which I didn't expect to here as I did not have an internal room but first night I was awake half the night with these noises. Saturday I got to to try the breakfast there was only one person I saw taking orders and serving and I went down about half 9 so was not that busy yet from time I sat down to the time I was leaving the waiter still hadn't cleaned the table next up me. I also asked for tea and was giving coffee and when I brought that to his attention he snatched the coffee and brought back tea no apology and no words spoken to me. Saturday night the noises were really getting to me so I phoned reception I basically got told nothing they could do I wasn't expecting anything but apology for lack of sleep would of been nice as I paid up stay in sleep in this hotel and sleep was something I lacked.

• Stayed: June 2014

Good Morning, thanks for your comments following your recent stay, we have already conversed by email regarding the problems encountered during your stay, once again I apologise.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week. Basic hotel and bit tired and need of decoration generally. Clean though which was more important. Breakfast absolutely fine; waiters arent what you would call dynamic but hey-ho the food arrives hot and swiftly. A tad concerning that the hotel recommends using a local multi-storey car park that the night receptionist has no idea where it is or seemed to understand English. Hotel could not be more central in terms of location. If you want somewhere inexpensive yet basic and dont want to interract with the non-smiling or chatty staff this is for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good Morning
Thanks for your review and for bringing to my attention the fact that the staff at night didn't know where the car park is situated. I will ensure that this is rectified as soon as possible. We do have foreign staff working at the hotel on the reception and as a whole their English speaking and understanding is very good so I apologise if you felt that they didn't cater to your needs.
It is important for the staff to make a good impression on guests.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed the weekend in Manchester, the hotel was just down the street from the Piccadilly train station and was in walking distance of the Randall centre,china town,phones4u arena and the football museum amongst other things.
Comfortable rooms, nice staff and they held our case all day for free ax we weren't leaving until the evening
Would definitely return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello and thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at the hotel, we have to agree that our location is great, with easy access to lots of things. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have stayed here twice in May and very impressed with everything , a 12 o'clock check out would be nice rather than 11 but I guess it made us get up and make the most of the day ! Will definitely stay again when we come to manchester :-)

• Stayed: May 2014

Thanks to you for giving us 5 stars following your recent stay at the hotel, we do have a late departure service where you can pay to extend and leave up to 6pm or we can keep baggage in the office for a future visit maybe this will be of use to you.