“Gardens Hotel is the Value for Money Place to Stay in the Centre of Manchester”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #71 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Having travelled to Manchester a great deal over the last couple of years and stayed in a number of value for money places to stay in Manchester, the Gardens has to be right up there with the best of them; if not the finest.

Location could not be more central right on Piccadilly Gardens; the receptionists are friendly, knowledgeable, welcoming and efficient.

The two rooms I have stayed in (internal room with no windows and an external room with window) were both of good décor and cleanliness; benefited from an excellent modern remote control TV, the beds were comfortable with good clean linen.

The bathrooms benefited from excellent water pressure in the showers and again were very clean.

Breakfast included in the price was wide ranging and of good quality; worth getting up for.

Overall for me the place to stay in Manchester and will be recommending to family, friends and all.

Stay at the Gardens Hotel and be treated in a good way unlike at the Britannia and Sasha’s Hotel where you get nothing like what you obtain at the Gardens for the same money.

Room Tip: Some room have no windows so beware if you like a view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Katy A, Public Relations Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

WOW thank you for writing a five star a review it always boosts staff morale and shows that our intensive customer service training does pay off.
I do agree our location is very central and right in heart of the city centre, with Piccadilly Train station just 5 mins away.
don't forget next time you book to use our own website gardenshotelmanchester.com to get the best rates!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

10 min walk from the rail station, so not very far. Friendly staff greet you in a nicely laid out lobby.
Two of us booked an internal twin room (no windows), bad mistake as it was quite claustrophobic and very hot with only a noisy fan to keep the temperature down, luckily we were able to upgrade to a larger room with windows. The only problem with the room was that the old style single glazed window wouldn't shut completely so the traffic noise and police sirens, mainly into the late Saturday/Sunday morning were pretty loud.
The room was clean and much more spacious than the internal one. The fluffy white towels were nice, as was the power shower, liquid soaps provided. The beds were comfy but one had squeaky legs, something one hears in a Carry On film, if you get my drift. The usual electrical appliances were available although the wi-fi struggled at times and probably non-existent in the internal rooms. Access to the rooms via lift or stairs.

Breakfast was between 8 and 10 which is great if you’ve had a late night. The choices were welcoming with a choice of full English, help yourself Continental or an abundance of cereals. The fresh fruit was of good quality being kept alongside a selection of yoghurts, juices and milk, all in a chilled cabinet, very nice. The catering staff were very attentive, serving the hot food, tea and coffee. The restaurant area was kept clean and tidy.

Check-out was at 11am, our train was at 1pm. The hotel was able to store the bags until we were ready.

Would I use the hotel again? Yes but more careful on which room I chose.

Value for money? Not bad, compared to some of the not-so-good stories I had been told in more expensive establishments.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a lay-out of the rooms and if the windows close fully. Internal room not recommended unless...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a constructive review, I do agree our rooms overlooking the city centre are much larger and brighter , unfortunately we have no control over noise levels outside of the building, in a vibrant city such as Manchester, the older style windows you have mentioned are in fact part of the many listed and unique features of the hotel, however we are currently in the process of looking at secondary glazing being installed.
I have asked my maintenance team to look at the bed leg which has now been repaired, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
we do try to offer a wide and varied choice for breakfast we also offer a later breakfast at weekends to accommodate the late risers.
we look forward to seeing you again next year for the 'Sparkle' weekend

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stay at Gardens Hotel Manchester very frequently over night. Room rates via their website are usually very cheap and using the TEN discount code I've often found a room on a Friday for £27 including breakfast - bargain!

The rooms are adequate with tea & coffee facilities, digital tv, toiletries and towels, telephone, magazines, lamps and fan and FREE WIFI. The rooms look a little tired, but are always clean. I find the staff helpful and friendly, the breakfast is a welcome inclusion in the price. I always feel secure and happy.

Location wise I don't feel you can get more central, it's just minutes from the main train, tram, coach, taxi and bus terminals, close to all restaurant and shops and attractions.

Don't expect the Ritz, or a Hilton, but Gardens is a perfect place to stay for a night out, or business stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello It is always nice to get feedback from someone who stays at the hotel on a regular basis, as mentioned if booked via our own website there is a ten percent discount available most days. You have said that the rooms are looking a little tired, we are about to start some refurbishment to bedrooms in September so will have brand new rooms soon. I will forward your comments on to the staff as it is always nice to have the hard work recognised. See you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

after reading some reviews I decided to book at Garden Hotel only to be told it had no window and near lifts could be noisey.As it as only for one night ok and did not have time to look elsewhere short notice.
Lady on reception was very helpful on checkin took lift to first floor my room as not near lift and did ot hear any noise. The room as clean and tidy the wardribe had full lengh mirrors so it gave light and there was plenty of thoses a fan was on keeping room just fine.
It had hospitality tray coffee & tea.Nice Tv bathroom en suite again clean and tidy, a slight peal of paint on ceiling in there but not much,lovely soft clean white towels. The bed was ok clean sheets and pillowcases when I found my comfort zone it was ok.I asked for a wakeup call alas did not get.
Breakfast was fine had a choice of everything well cooked and pleasant staff to help.Got free wifi password to get it so that is a nice extra.on check out nice pleasant staff very helpfull.
It was good.

all this for £30 incl breakfast WOW did online

Room Tip: Room with a window would be better but one night I was fine ith my room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning and thanks for your review, it is nice to get good feedback on our internal rooms, even though they are the cheapest rooms on sale the facilities are the same as in standard rooms. Our staff do work hard and it is nice for the friendliness and service provided to be recognised. Sorry that you did not receive your wake up call, our system is automated so maybe there was a problem. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Was worried due to low price but exceeded my expectations.was very clean and staff very helpfull.Location perfect for centre or moving around.shower heavenly after my long travel.would come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Fabulous a five star review, always good to read and really boosts staff morale,
remember next time you stay to use our own website where rates are guaranteed to be lower than third party agents.
see you soon !

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked a last minute bargain, Ideally located just down the road from Picadilly station. Room was reasonably priced, hotel was clean staff were friendly, rooms were good and bed was comfy. Ideally placed for a Wetherspoons breakfast. Was some noise but only to be expected from a city centre hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello and thanks for the review, glad that you managed to grab a bargain and found our location good, your remarks on the cleanliness of the room and the nice staff will be circulated amongst the team as it is always nice to know we are doing something right. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Second time staying here. Double room, spacious and clean, excellent bathroom. Good sleep even though it fronts the square. Breakfast was great. All staff friendly and attentive. Puzzled by the bad reviews I've seen on here - double room for £45 with breakfast? I don't think I could find better anywhere. If the place wasn't clean I'd not give four stars but it was all good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good Morning, Thank you for such a positive review. its always good to read especially at 7am in the morning. I agree our rates are very competitive and for a city centre hotel with our location, who could ask for more!
look forward to seeing you very soon in the near future !