“Revisit - much improved!”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Revisit - much improved!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, and six months after my last stay it seems much improved. Not sure whether this is because I am a priority points member, and therefore got a better room, but I was much happier. My room had a dressing gown and slippers, a redecorated bathroom, and overall felt much cleaner and brighter. The bed was very comfy, and the linen feels as if its new. Breakfast was very busy, yet I was given a table in a quiet area, and dealt with promptly. Plenty of choice, hot and cold food, and delicious coffee. Check in was quick, and I got a smoking room as requested. A bit of a wait for the free shuttle bus, but with less than a five minute journey, I was at the airport in plenty of time for my meeting. My only critisism would be that the windows could do with triple glazing, as the sound of the aircraft taking off and landing was rather loud - and may disturb some guests.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here for one night with 15 days parking prior to a morning flight to Cyprus with friends. It's right on the airport and we checked in our bags the night before. 2 minute free shuttle bus ride to the terminal then a 5 minute walk back (our choice - we could have called for the shuttle)). Had a great relaxing evening meal in the hotel, nice bar, great service from friendly staff. Nice double room. Left the car in the hotel car park, left keys at reception. Swift transfer to the terminal the next morning. All very efficient. On our return from holiday we phoned the hotel from the airport courtesy phone and they were there for us within 10 minutes. Back to the hotel to collect the car and away. Great value too.

We've stayed there before on a similar deal. On that occasion we had breakfast which was excellent in every way. The only criticism on that occasion was that the room we stayed in was a bit dusty - looked like it hadn't been used for a while - the last room at the end of a long corridor (we asked for a quiet room) - and the window opener was broken. We could have asked to be moved but didn't bother as it was quite late. No such problems on our most recent visit though.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am so pleased you had such a perfect stay with us and particularly pleased you found our team to be friendly and welcoming.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is a review for a one night stay with parking for thirteen nights prior to a holiday flight.
The hotel was everything you could expect and more. Well-appointed room, clean, comfortable and well-insulated from the noise of the airport, the main terminal of which is less than 400 metres away.

The staff were universally polite and helpful - sometimes excessively so - nothing was too much trouble, and everything was done with a smile, not just a fixed grin.

We ate in the Asian fusion restaurant and were delighted with the freshness of the food, beautifully prepared, cooked and presented by attentive, knowledgeable and courteous staff.

We hesitated about breakfast the next morning, but decided to risk it - I've eaten breakfast in a lot of, so-called, 4-star hotels and have usually been disappointed, but THIS WAS THE EXCEPTION - a standard buffet set up, but what great food: even the sausages were beautifully and uniformly cooked; the bacon was cooked to perfection, the mushrooms were fresh and properly prepared - not a tinned button mushroom or excess fluid anywhere. I could go on, but suffice to say that my experience was such that I asked to see the hotel manager to compliment them on the universal quality of the food, the service and the cleanliness
This is a hotel by which to judge all others, and to cap it all, the price was very reasonable.

The mini-bus service to and from the terminal was efficient and reflected the general high quality of the hotel service - which even extended to moving our bags into the hotel foyer on our return whilst I recovered the car!

Despite Manchester NOT being our local airport, the hotel experience has encouraged us to consider it as a matter of course for future travel.

Unhesitatingly, unreservedly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Book a car-parking deal - it's fantastic value!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurence B
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave a review of your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay, our aim is to provide great hotels guests love and I was especially pleased to read you found our team friendly. I will share your kind comments with the hotel team and hope to welcome you back here in the near future.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We spent one night here with car parking.
The hotel was perfect as it is so close to the airport.
The room had everything we needed and we had a really good bar snack - tasty and well cooked.
The transfer to the terminal was excellent both ways with really helpful drivers. We left the car right outside Reception and it was again really close on our return.
Good value and nice staff!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JUDITH W
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the TripAdvisor website following your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. It is our aim to create Great Hotels Guests Love and I can see from your comments that we achieved this.
I will ensure to share your comments with the rest of the Hotel team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We use this hotel in connection with our business. It's a great venue for us, good transport links and a useful room, but it's the support of the staff that make it. Joe was on duty all weekend us and was quite simply, brilliant, he couldn't have done more for us and Tom and Stacey looked after us really well at dinner on Saturday night. I don't usually name names but these three staff members were great.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank awp1958
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback on service received by 3 of our team members. I will ensure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Staying one night before a flight, we were served by Tom in the restaurant, he was fantastic, what a credit to IHG this waiter is, he was so friendly and helpful. Quite rare in these day to find someone who appears to enjoy his job so much.

Also the night mini-bus driver Radic (not sure of the spelling) what a greeting when we arrived at midnight from a flight, he was so friendly and cheerful on a very cold night, he obviously enjoyed his job very much and is a great credit to IHG.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank poppie28
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to create Great Hotels Guests Love and I can see from your comments that we achieved this and I was particularly pleased to find you had such good interaction with our team. I will ensure to share your comments with the rest of the Hotel team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work this work because it was convenient for Alderley Edge and I'm an avid priority club member, so pints make prizes. The check-in was efficient although I was not greeted as a platinum member; I was given free Internet access, but no upgrade. There was a choice of two restaurants and the service was excellent. The rooms were comfortable and there was a decent choice at the free breakfast.

By biggest complaint with this hotel was an absolute lack of directions and it took me some time to find it. Be prepared to pay £8.50 to leave your car overnight.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Youngklaus
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Feedback from valued Priority Club members such as yourself is pleasing to receive as it gives us the opportunity to review our guest experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and will ensure to share your comments with my team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,832 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!