“Great hotel for Manchester airport”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #44 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Manchester airport. The hotel does offer a Shuttle service to and from the terminals but unless you have lots of luggage is only a 5minute walk to the hotel which is situated right at the airport. Checkin was very fast and efficient, the only negative comment I can say is that my room and bathroom was small for a Crowne Plaza. The room I had initially been given had the sun shining into it all day and was very hot. Unfortunately the air conditioning didn't work so I called reception and within minutes someone had come to my room to check on the air conditioning, it was declared broken and within minutes I was into another room, I was very happy with the quick response although I do believe this should have been checked and tested before a new guest checks into the room. During my stay I also had room service and had a meal in the main hotel bar, service was excellent and so was the food. Overall a great hotel, I would stay there again.

1  Thank Bydand75
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that the team were able to resolve the few issues you experienced. We are always grateful for the opportunity to address any issues as they arise to ensure our guests have a great stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,384)

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Return visit to this hotel using the 'park, stay & go' service. Location is easy to find and ideal for Manchester airport. There were ample spaces in the car park so no issues with parking (not something that can always be said of airport hotels). Check-in was efficient and very friendly as was handover of car keys (thank you, Katie). The room was very comfortable and spacious; the bathroom immaculate and well-lit if not quite so spacious. Soundproofing from external noise was excellent (in fact, we heard nothing); soundproofing internally was good but not quite up to the challenge of a noisy and excitable family on the move at 4 am (my wife slept through it but light sleepers, like me, might want to have earplugs as a precaution). The atmosphere in the bar was relaxed, service good, food arrived quickly and was very pleasant and reasonably priced for such a hotel. Check out was very quick. The shuttle bus capacity seemed modest but the service to and from the terminal was as quick as any. Recovery of car keys took moments; the car had been moved within the car park but not taken offsite - no issues at all. Overall, it was an ideal start to our holiday and a smooth return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim L

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I was delighted your return stay enabled you to experience the high standards of service that we pride ourselves on and restore your faith in Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great helpful reception as per usual. Sorted me out a ground floor room to enable me to smoke. We had a few drinks in the Callaghans Irish Bar, not a bad pint of guinness, good service again and then Went to Sampans Oriental Restaurant for a little dinner.

Started with Tom Young Goong then a beef pad thai and both were delightful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and especially pleased to read you found our team so helpful and that you enjoyed your dining experience in our Sampans restaurant.
I look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stay in lots of IHG hotel as and have Platinum status. In the majority of IHG hotels they attempt to give Platinum members either a room upgrade or a complimentary drink/video etc. On checking in to this hotel late at night the receptionist was very matter of fact, no friendly welcome or smile, checked me in and gave me my room key. At almost every other IHG hotel I get a welcome such as "thank you for being a Platinum member" etc - not at this hotel though! I also asked if I could get club access - Sorry no. When I mentioned that every other Crowne Plaza I stayed at gave me an incentive to stay as a Platinum member the response I got was "not at this hotel"!!!

Apparently I had been upgraded to a "plus" room yet it was small with no obvious added benefits. On the plus side, it was clean and comfortable, so if all you need is a bed for the night then this will do you, but given that there is a huge choice of hotels at Manchester Airport then next time I'll be staying elsewhere where maybe as a well traveled IHG Platinum status businessman, I'll be more welcomed!

1  Thank John M

Thank you for your stay and also for sharing your comments. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the poor check in that you experienced and I assure you your comments were shared with the front desk team. It is our aim to delight all our guests and I regret we let you down on this occasion.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

stayed for only 1 night on 23rd June before taking the early morning flight out. Checked in around 6pm and reception desk although busy was quick in dealing with clients. We had included 15 days parking with our booking and parked the car around the back in area 6. Room was spacious enough for a 1 nighter but I would not have liked to make it any longer. Bar area and restaurant was good although in the Irish bar the language coming out of 3 youngish americans left a bit to be desired and the barman did not bat an eyelid. Early morning wake up call was bang on time and we had an excellent nights sleep on soft beds.
When we arrived back we were picked up at the airport within a couple of minutes and taken back to the hotel whereby the coach driver organised the return of the car keys and showed us where our car had been moved to. Only downside was whoever had moved my car failed to put on the electronic parking brake and I nearly freewheeled backwards into another car. getting out the car park and onto the motorway north was very simple. I will probably use the hotel next year if flight times dictate it and if we get the same deal

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry if the hand break on your vehicle had not been engaged correctly for your journey home, and hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future should an opportunity. I am delighted you had such a great stay with us. Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight and were very pleasantly surprised about how lovely the room was. It was large with all the amenities you would need for a one night stay. With its proximity to the airport we thought that noise would be an issue, but we didn’t hear anything all night.
The hotel is a short drive from the airport (you can actually walk it if you don’t have heavy cases with you) and they have a regular shuttle bus that goes every 10 mins or so, although we got one quicker as we left at a quieter time.
We also ordered room service, which came quickly and was very tasty.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will probably stay again if we have any more early morning flights- it was definitely value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all guest comments and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am pleased to see we achieved this.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed overnight before our flight to Kefalonia.
Quick booking in process after parking our car.
Lovely standard room with all normal amenities. Good air con system. Noise free rooms even though right next to main runway. Good bar services.
Great nights sleep on a comfortable bed refresh for the onward journey.
Great value for £69 overnight stay & 7 days parking right next to airport.
The morning transfer was quick & easy and on our return after a quick free phone call our transfer back to hotel to pick up car keys was a 10 min wait. Great service all round.
Would definatly use again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am so pleased you had such a positive experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.