“You have choices !”

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Brampton, Canada
“You have choices !”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here one night prior to a trip. I have stayed at this CP previously and IMHO I found that the hotel is ready for re-branding as it is now becoming tired and in need of sprucing up. Check in was trouble free although I suspect Ms. Receptionist had forgotten how to be cheerful and smile at arriving guests.
More importantly, my luggage (one soft-sided suitcase) was damaged by the over anxious driver who dragged it off the shuttle van and ripped and ruined the exterior pouch on the bag. This was caused by the lurching van shifting and overturning the bags in the back. The metal strip on the rear of the luggage area was loose and the bag became caught on it when the driver dragged it off. More importantly, despite an assurance from the Guest Relations Manager (when the damage was pointed out) that the bag would be repaired, and despite my email to him later, I was not even accorded the courtesy of a reply or even an acknowledgement.
The room smelled stale and the mattress had seen better days. The third floor was quiet.
The bar / restaurant is handy and service and food are good.
There are other hotels just as convenient to the airport and management at the CP need to be reminded of this fact.
All in all the incident of the damaged bag has quite turned me off this hotel. Even airlines would not damage bags to the extent mine was on the CP shuttle van, AND more importantly I feel sure that the airline would not treat its guests this way.

Room Tip: Higher floor and higher number
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologise for the problem you encountered with the damage to your luggage and I trust that this has now been resolved to your satisfaction. I have sent you a private message in order that we can ensure this has happened for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
at the Seaside
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed for one night following a holiday, and also used it for a week's parking while we were away. On arrival you just park at the hotel. I had read reviews saying people couldn't get parked but we didn't have a problem. Reception staff were helpful and explained what we needed to do. They were friendly, polite and helpful. The transfer to the terminal was quick, and the driver was friendly and helpful. On our return, we phoned from arrivals, I was given clear and simple instructions where to wait, and the minibus was there within 5 minutes. We were booked in to our room quickly and efficiently. The room was nice, twin beds as requested, and there was air-con ; after a week abroad with no air-con it was ironically very welcome. We went to the bar for a drink and were offered waiter service. We had a pint of lager and a baileys, which cost over £8 : pretty steep I thought. Back in the room, there was a choice of pillows, and a little package containing pillow spray and something to rub on your wrists to help you sleep. Although i didnt sleep marvellously (just anxious from the journey home I think) I've brought the sleep stuff back home and have slept wonderfully all week!!! Fab shower in the bathroom and good TV channel choice. Check out was quick and efficient. We didnt use the restaurant so I cant give feedback on that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of your stay. I am pleased you had such a positive experience during your stay.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here night before we were flying and did stay and park , it was good value for money.A couple of mins walk from Term 1.Drinks are expensive.Room was nice more than ample for 1 night.Staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I am delighted you had such a good stay and especially pleased you found our team to be friendly.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again should an opportunity arise.
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed overnight before an early flight to Austria. It was very convenient to be able to book a package which included parking while we were away. We were advised to allow 20 minutes for the shuttle bus in the morning and this got us to the terminal in good time.
Restaurants are quite expensive - as they tend to be in such locations - we had a meal in the rather dingy 'pub' where the food was fine and cheaper than in the bar or restaurants.
Does the job!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you found our Park, Stay and Go package was just what you required.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Really impressed with this hotel, the rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped. Service at reception was quick and efficient with the staff being really helpful and informative.
I left my car here for parking whilst we were away and found the service to be quick and efficient, with the collection and drop off to the airport being quick and prompt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your stay, we hope to welcome you back should an opportunity arise.
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here before our flight to Egypt. The rooms were fine, clean and comfortable. Check in was easy as usual and the staff were all polite. We ate at Callaghans Irish pub and had a few drinks, the price of the drinks are expensive but you are on holiday so this is not an issue. I would definately recommend the Crowne Plaza and will be definately staying again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for giving us such positive feedback I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Munich
Reviewed 21 July 2013

First of all, I e-mailed the hotel several times before my stay with a few questions, I never received any answer. When I brought up this at check in, she said I'm sorry but I can't do anything now.
The room was very small and AC was slow. I then phoned down to Front Desk with a few other questions and they said they would phone back but didn't.
The hotel was very impersonal and the staff were only there doing there job, nothing more than that.
I won't receommend this to anyone and wont' stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Womantraveller77
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the observations you sent regarding our Hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and it is very disappointing that you found the service from our team to be impersonal. I hope you will choose to stay again should an opportunity arise as we would love to show you how great our hotel really is.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!