“Convenient”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Walk or courtesy bus to terminal the hotel is well located with pick up at station only a call away. Had a mid morning flight so able have a leisurely breakfast. Previous evening enjoyable dinner at a reasonable price. Not the first time we've stayed there but certainly the most relaxing and satisfying experience. Staff more pleasant than previous trips Certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear DurhamJeb,

Thank you for this kind review and we are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations with a successful visit. Thank you also for acknowledging the pleasantness of our team.

We hope that you had a pleasant onward flight and we thank you for choosing to stay with us, particularly when there are so many hotels from which you can choose. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stay here for the weekend whilst visiting family in Cheshire a few times a year. It amazes me how consistently good the hotel and team are.
Every team member we came into contact with was so pleasant especially the breakfast manager and her team.
Check in was very good as was the check out, the room was immaculate and love the extra touch of a mattress topper (big thumbs up for that one).
The hotel is quite and no disturbance from the airport considering how close it is to the runway.
Excellent See you in April.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debs1904,

Thank you so much for this outstanding review and we are really pleased to hear how much we impressed you. It really means a lot to us, and we are glad that we can assist you in providing high standard accommodation whilst you visit your family.

I will ensure that we share your comments with our team, in particular our high performers at breakfast and I know that they will want me to pass on their thanks too.

We look forward to welcoming you back in April and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Like most this was a one night stay prior to an early flight. Seamless check in, recognising my PC status with an upgrade and I prepaid breakfast once I found out that it was served from 0430 hrs. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed. A visit to the bar was rewarded with friendly staff and a pleasant conversation with two ladies off to NY.
I really don't pay attention to bar prices these days in hotels and hangovers are easily dealt with by a visit to the executive lounge in the morning. Chin chin! Breakfast was a well stocked affair with enough pork and lard products to keep a boy going plus the healthy stuff. The only issue was at 0500 hrs I had to ask a number of staff for coffee which was gratefully received by every table around me.
Everyone else thought the staff were mind readers. Great fun.
No downsides really except the hotel could marshal the skiers checking in better as they have a habit of dropping their kit anywhere in the foyer without looking behind them to see if they are in the way. May I suggest cattle prods. My third stay here and won't be the last. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Spiderpig41,

Thank you for continuing to stay with us and we are delighted to hear that you have had a positive overall experience at our hotel. I will ensure that your comments are shared with our team and we thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Thank you also for your loyalty to IHG Rewards and we are delighted that you were able to receive an upgrade. We hope that you had a pleasant onward flight and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Very clean and friendly hotel staff are excellent and food fantastic we had room service and the waiter was very professional and knowledgable, did not manage breakfast as it was a late night,

The only down side was location as we went out in Manchester city centre and was a little far to come home in a taxi next time get the train

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear p h,

Thank you so much for rating us as a "great hotel" and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure that your comments are shared with our team and we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

We hope you enjoyed your night out in Manchester and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Have just spent one night at this excellent airport hotel. All staff made you feel welcome and important. Room was first class everything worked with superb power shower and big soft bath towels. Immaculately clean. Dinner and breakfast was lovely with polite and friendly staff at bar and in restaurant. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely only chose this one for overnight stops at the airport. The management and staff are to be congratulated for their excellent level of service

Room Tip: For Manchester airport stopover only choose this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mike2615,

Thank you for your amazing review and it really means a lot to us that you have taken the time to let us know. When there are so many alternative hotel choices, we are sincerely grateful that you would choose to stay with us.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and I know they will be pleased to know that they were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Crowne Plaza Man Airport is the most pleasant stay before departing on an early morning flight. It was the last night of a business trip to the UK and we had to spend the evening gathering our items and planning for the journey home. What a great relaxing way to end the trip. Very comfortable room. And the airport is quiet at night. My favorite surprise was the "the works: sleep" solution for a better night's sleep. Lavender spray for your pillow and breathe in inspiration. I still have mine and I don't want to run out. I love it! In fact I just noticed I can order it online. Breakfast starts at 4am and the staff was so friendly (especially the gentleman making omelets) that early in the day. I was very comfortable and well taken care of during our short stay. This will be my choice every time I have chance (when I'm lucky enough to get back)!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brithead
Robert W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Brithead,

We are so grateful for this wonderful review and thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I know that our team will also want me to pass on their thanks when I share this feedback with them.

I will ensure that we recognise the teams who gave outstanding service and we hope to see you again next time you visit Manchester.

We wish you every success with your future business travels.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had an early flight to Tenerife and stayed at this hotel the night before, leaving our car with the hotel for a week. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We had an excellent night's sleep and a good meal. The staff were very helpful/ friendly and the return pick-up service was excellent. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Katrice,

Thank you so much for this amazing review and we are delighted to hear that we got your holiday off to a great start. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

We hope you had a lovely time in Tenerife and we are glad you enjoyed the benefits of our Park, Stay & Go packages.

We are very grateful for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.