“Brilliant”

Ranked #38 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Kibworth Beauchamp, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great greeting at reception, room was clean and adequate for the occasion.

Restaurant was fabulous it was excellent, service was brilliant and the food was really lovely.

Had posh egg and chips with asparagus topped with an egg and chunky chips.

Dessert, gooseberry crumble and custard, tasted just like mum makes.

Room Tip: Even though it is close to the airport, they did not disturb you or your sleep quality. Delivery...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank You so much for taking the time to review us. Really means a lot when we get such reviews as yours!

We trust you had a great holiday and can not wait to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

MANAGER CM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
N E Lincs
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed one night following an early flight as part of a 'park and stay package'. All staff extremely helpful, pleasant and keen to help. The hotel and room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and checkout easy and quick. The shuttle was very useful and easy to access, plus part of the price. The drivers on both occasions were courteous and helpful. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW Thank You for your 5 star review.

Our " HAPPY " team are delighted with your comments.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Isle of Man
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Easy check in and goos size Executive room allocated. Bathroom was a bit small but fine with nice toiletries.
We had a bar meal which was excellent- fresh crab cakes and an unusual but very tasty stew. Very friendly waitresses- turned out they were mother and daughter- great, very chatty.
Free minibus to airport so no hassle.
Will stay over again

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philosIsleofMan
Thank You for taking the time to review us. Your feedback has been passed onto our bar team.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again real soon !!

CT
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It is within walking distance from all terminals at Manchester Airport. I have walked there with just a carry-on and also with a big suitcase. It is easy to reach and quicker than if you call for a shuttle pickup.
The breakfast buffet has a big variety of items. They open it early so you can still have a breakfast even if your flight leaves at 8 am or earlier.
The rooms are spacious and clean. I stay there regularly when in Manchester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!

All 5 star marks . Simply Thank You !!! Your comments mean so much to the teams.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here overnight due to having an early appointment at Manchester Airport the following morning.

Upon my arrival (via train) I used the free telephone just after following the exit signs from the rail station, I dialled the number provided for my specific hotel on the bored right next to the exit. The lady that answered the telephone was incredibly nice and informed me that a driver would be with me as quickly as possible... literally around 2 minutes later there was a mini bus parked up outside to pick me up to take me to the hotel which was around a 2 minute drive away (very good drivers also, very chatty and friendly).

When I arrived at the hotel, the minibus driver carried my bags from the vehicle inside and to the reception desk for me and wished me a pleasant stay.

The reception staff were once again very polite and friendly and quickly confirmed my details, handed me my room card key and informed me of the direction to my room... I then set off from reception to my room and it couldn't be easier to find, everything was brilliantly sign posted and clear to read.

When I arrived at my room, I was very impressed! The room was spotlessly clean, smelled great and was nice and warm (brilliant for me as I stayed over in the winter!)... I unpacked my bag and turned on the rather impressive television that was mounted to the wall opposite my huge bed (For those of you with an early morning flight, the television also includes a wake up call - I chose for this, setting my own alarm and also getting reception to give me a wake up call as I didn't want to be late for my appointment!

On bed side table was a little white box with the words 'THIS WORKS', this intrigued me so I picked it up and read over the description on the back - inside the box was a roll on and a pillow spray specially formulated with herbal fragrances which are believed to have relaxing properties (lavender etc.), the roll on is used by rolling onto the pressure points on your wrists. I tried these out and they actually did work a treat! I find these little added extras always impress as they help set a good mood for your stay.

I also had a small kettle and tea and coffee in my room... WIFI was also available!

The view from the room was quite good for people that enjoy aircraft watching.

The bathroom was perfect, the shower was brilliant and complementary toiletries again were provided which smelled great.

The following morning, I got all my wake up calls and felt amazing after a brilliant nights sleep in the huge comfy bed! I left my room and made my way down to reception and along the way I saw multiple groups of cabin crew from various airlines (Emirates, Thomas Cook, Quatar etc.)... This did not surprise me as the hotel's location is perfect!

When checking out, the reception staff again could not be any nicer nor more helpful and processed all the necessary documents etc. quickly and efficiently.

WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND - I WILL BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Markus_221
Mr Markus

What can we say apart from Simply Thank You for your kind words and reflection on our hotel.
The 5 stars that you have rated us are what keep us striving to go that extra mile for our guests.

Your feedback has today been read out at our morning briefing. The team are delighted.

Thank you and we can not wait to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staying at this hotel is a good way to start and/or end your trip when flying from Manchester Airport. We have stayed here several times. It is very close to the airport and offers a free shuttle bus service throughout the 24 hours. It also offers car parking for the duration of your holiday and we have left our car for up to two weeks. Parking in excess of two weeks or thereabouts may need to be discussed when booking. The staff are pleasant and available at all times. The rooms are plentiful, clean, spacious with the usual tea and coffee facilities. Breakfast is satisfactory, and there is a choice for dining in the evening. Try the Sampans restaurant (Eurasian food) for a change.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cumbria
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport before taking an early flight for holidays. Hold membership of Crowne Plaza Rewards so this is a good accumulation of points. Upgraded on arrival, being a Gold Member this is part of the reward and not chargeable , however on return from holidays we were charged £9. When we complained they reluctantly refunded the £9 back.

Rooms were nice and spacious but I struggled to see the difference as an upgraded room, however we were only in the room for approximate 6 hours.

Food was nice in the hotel, we opted to choose from the grill menu rather than the Irish Bar or Chinese restaurant.

Overall a pleasant stay for what we needed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you rating us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and trust that you had a great holiday too.

Apologies for the over charge our front office manager has looked into the mistake.

We hope you welcome you back next time you fly out of Manchester Airport.

MANAGER CM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#57 of 116 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!