“Excellent service”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #60 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of our holiday with parking included. The reception staff were extremely helpful and explained what we needed to do with the parking. Our room was clean and an adequate size for a stop over. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was good, if a tad expensive. Breakfast was included in our rate and we were spoiled for choice! The restaurant staff were all really friendly. The airport transfers were great, we never waited more than a couple of minutes for our outbound or return journey. We would not hesitate to stay here again if flying from Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,206)

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Had one night stay here before our holiday which also included a weeks car parking! Parking is fab, you park in the hotel for the 1st night then they take your car for the week to a safe site and bring it back, the rooms are AMAZING with a HUGE bed, we had a plasma tv, bath room was a good size. The transfers inc in the price are great you wait outside the hotel and a mini bus comes and takes you to the airport which is about 2mins away!

The hotel is really really nice and if your thinking about booking it dont wait just book :)

Reviewed 2 December 2011

waiting in the light drizzle at Manchester airport, the transfer bus picked me up and with a super friendly driver, i thought my one night would be a home away from home.

check in was slow, unattentive and the staff uniforms were so tired, i felt like i'd boarded a 1980s cruise ship. The reception desk was untidy, disorganised and covered in loose paper. The receptionist then had to take time to find me a room with high speed internet. really? in 2011 and when paying a 100+ pounds, you have a right to at least have easy access to paid internet.

the rooms have been recently renovated, though i'll never understand why hotels dont go the extra mile. there is 1 or 2 clunky old lifts operating to all floors and at one point when an air crew arrived, i had to stand for 5 mins helping them in and out of the lift while the doors kept closing on their luggage.

the rooms we're modern, though i was put in a twin. single male corporate traveller. twin, really? must be for my imaginary travel companion. I did love that the window opened and the shower was good. I HATED the desk chair, or lack thereof. Why would you put a low ottoman as a desk chair for a hotel that would attract business travellers. working at the desk was virtually impossible. looking good only works when its functional also.

i ventured to the hotel bar and restaurant where the resident pianist and 80s drab grey uniforms took me back to the 80s cruise ship again. And then the nickle and diming began. I ate a ceaser salad with a glass of mediocre red wine and paid 30 pounds. yes, thats right folks, 30 quid for a salad and vin rouge at an 80s airport hilton with a pianist playing quando quando quando. the only thing missing was a fur cover for the baby grand. the wireless was average so my ipad was rendered useless.

breakfast was ok, the made a good machiatto by UK hotel standards, though the hot breakfast was tired and sitting under heat lamps. i waited 5 mins for chef to arrive back to the egg station where crusty oily omlette pans awaited. boycotting the egg offer, i asked for some fresh bacon which was tasty, though just a re heated relation of the tired version on the buffet.

so Hilton Manchester Airport, I hope you take this feedback and start to apply the basics of quality for which you're charging. tidy the staff up, ask them to wear the right fitting uniforms and invest a few of the 80% profit you made on my salad on buying some news ones.

onwards and upwards.
love in travel
spoons

Room Tip: 1st floor so you don't have to wait for the lift
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your indepth review of our hotel and I am sorry that you did not enjoy all of your stay.

I am glad it started well with our concierge driver coming to collect you, sorry it was raining - can't do anything about that one!

Our Front Office Manager has taken on board your comments about her team and there will be extra training in place about how the guest's view workstations.

Our uniforms are actually relatively new and I suspect we wear grey as it is a practical colour. I have never thought of it as drab, we do have bright red scarves and appear rather festive at the moment!

Our lifts have been not only renovated but completely replaced! Brand new more quiet and luxurious lifts. We listened to our guests' feedback and acted!

I am sorry about the chair in your bedroom. If you let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall ensure that you have a chair that suits you better. We tend to opt for chairs that suit the majority and this was obviously not right for you. But we can help with this and are more than willing to do so.

Our whole restaurant is changing too, the work is going to start soon which will be ultra modern and feature a woodburning pizza oven. It will have an international theme and a lot of time has been taken over the planning of this lovely new concept. I am sure that the next time you visit, which I hope will be soon, you will see and feel the difference and that any 1980's cruise ship feel has sailed away into the sunset!

We have, and have had for quite a while now, a dinner offer of 3 courses for £20.00 and a bottle of white or red Italian wine for £10.00 which I feel is very competitive. It does sound as if you were not aware of this offer and I would apologise for that.

With regards to breakfast, the Hilton standard is high and we do check this very regularly - we wish all our guests to leave us after having a first class send off with an incredible selection of hot and cold breakfast foods, including having a breakfast chef willing to cook your eggs how you like.

We have listened to your feedback dear guest, feel a bit hurt about the 1980's comments (although some had interpreted it as Charlies Angels!) but hope you come back and see the work that has been going on - our lobby area has now been redesigned and is tip top modern. You are important to us and we wish you to know that we do care about your thoughts, all feedback is read, digested and acted upon where appropriate so thank you once again.

Until you are next here may I assure you of my best attention at all times and a very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards
Sue Harman

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I recently had one night here and left feeling very satisfied! The Hotel was nice, the staff were more than helpful and the room was good. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a decent size. The carpet in the room did look a little bit old but it wasn't a issue.
The hotel is close to the train station and you have the shops in the airport terminal too, at hand. It would have been nice to have free wifi but the internet was £15 for 24 hours. Breakfast was £10 and a good buffet (not sure if it is this price all the time though) The staff were really helpful when querying nearest cinema's (Thanks Alan) and service was delivered with a smile. Going back next week and looking forward to it!
Hotels looks nice and festive too!!

Room Tip: I was third floor at the side of the hotel, nice and quiet! Good view of the runway too!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times, enjoyed the restaurant immensely especially as they accept Tastecard..

Last night I arrived late at 1130, after missing a connecting flight.

After being served a drink the bartender more or less closed up, and we had to wait for the room service guy to come and serve us, which took sometime.

Had a good breakfast which I feel is good value at £10.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We had a pre flight stay including 15 nights stay 3 course dinner and breakfast. Got to our deluxe room very nice, champagne arrived at our room great little touch. Dinner was good. breakfast was excellent we were up at 5 am for ours and all staff were friendly and proffessional.
Also cocktails at dinner haha...
Transport at 6am was short and quick and we were the only ones on the bus.
On our return from the airport i left my wallet on the back seat of the mini bus. After driving halfway down the M6 i discovered that. I rang the hotel and spoke to the driver who checked his van and found my wallet, he said he would post it recorded delivery and it arrived 48 hours later amazing service..NO CHARGE... we were so impressed with this hotel. We would definatly stay here again....

1  Thank martin s
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed in this hotel twice before and am just booking again as part of a park and fly. I made a mistake when booking through Last Minute.Com and feared the worst as I tried to remedy this. Helen, on front desk at Hilton was great. She worked to resolve my mistake , was efficient but friendly and treated me like an individual and not another number. I think that once again I am getting great value for money for a park and fly stay in a very comfortable environment. My car has, in the past, been looked after and we have used the free transfer bus to the terminal.