We stayed here for two nights on a £50 per night deal, one before an early flight from Manchester airport and one following a late flight on the return leg.
Location - hotel is very close to the airport terminals - I think there are walkways but they involve crossing busy roads, so we got a transfer from the terminal.
Transfers - we assumed that transfers would be sent regularly given the amount of rooms and the fact it serves the airport, but be aware you need to call in advance to book the shuttle bus from the hotel. Once we booked, it took 15-20 minutes or so to show up, not sure why it took this long given the proximity of the hotel. There are no signs specifying where you are picked up from, so make sure you are in the right place by checking with the hotel (once you get through to them - took us a few attempts). Shuttle bus is free, however.
Rooms - these are ok, apart from a bit of mould around the bath seals, could do with a refresh. Towels seem clean, shampoo and other bits are provided. Seemed clean enough and bed was fine, slept well both times.
Restaurant/bar - two options for eating, the restaurant or the bar. I have stayed in the hotel several times in previous years on business, and they used to have a buffet-style starter option in the restaurant but this appears to have disappeared. We decided to eat in the bar as choices in the restaurant weren't to our liking and the price would have been ~£30-40 a head once you add on side dishes, drinks etc. Bar food selection was fine, but the prices are extortionate. The hotel is situated in such an area that there are very few other options - we found a pub a walk away but this wasn't doing food the night we were there. No takeaway places deliver for some reason. As an example of the food prices, a burger and chips is £15, a curry was £17. The food was ok, but not worth the price by any means.
"Room Service" - on the return trip, the bar food closes at 11 so we had no choice after a long flight but to order to our room. Options are very limited to sandwiches and a few expensive presumably microwaved meals (Thai curry was available at about £16 I believe). We ordered two baguettes, once room service picked up the phone (took 3 or 4 tries with no success). After ordering and waiting 40 minutes, we called to be told they would be another 15. A further 20 minutes later and the food finally arrived, including £4 "tray charge" which I politely crossed out and refused to pay.
There are plenty of other options around the airport, and I will certainly not be staying here again. I would recommend you steer clear and pay a bit more to stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester