“Good but beware drinks prices”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Good location and overall experience reasonable. Excellent reception staff. After a tiring drive we were ready for a drink; a gin and tonic and glass of wine (albeit large ones) cost the princely sum of £21-50!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed one night as I had to pick up relatives from an early flight arrival at the airport. Unfortuately, 20 metres from the hotel my car broke down and I was towed to the hotels car park by a passing driving - on entering the car park the conceige/minibus driver came running out saying I could not pull in here, on informing him that I had a reservation for the night I was left alone without any offer of assistance at all, in fact he actually commented that he had seen me broken down at the road side.

The dust levels in the room were quite high, which did not really bothered me but would an asthma suffer, though what made me unhappy was finding pubic hair from a previous resident of the room. I informed reception on check out who could not apologise enough.

The complementary minibus service to the terminal was excellent and on thinking I had lost my mobile the night shift driver thoroughly looked for it in the minibus for me and went out of his way to check every possible nook in the minibus.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Had pleasure of staying two nights whilst visiting area, arrived by train, late evening used courtesy bus service. Bus arrived within 5mins, very attentive & informative driver.

Prompt service at reception, offered upgrade, which we took, all aspects fully explained. Suite clean & tidy no issues.

Breakfast was a joy, fresh food and plentiful, staff attentive.

Checkout prompt & professional, offered courtesy bus, but decided to walk, staff provided directions, well done all at Hilton Manchester Airport....

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton recently for one night (sunday) before flight on Monday. Was really impressed with it (have stayed there before). The reception staff were so welcoming and really friendly. We got a deal on internet with room, car parking, three course meal and breakfast included for what we considered good price. We put in request for upgrade to a suite for an extra £9 which we got, as our flight wasn't until 3.00 pm so we did use the room longer than we have previously done, as usually have early flights. Although the restaurant was being refurbished, we couldn't fault the staff or the service. We found the evening meal nice, (wine was £14 bottle, which is what you expect to pay in restaurant - was supposed to be half price and I definitely wouldnt pay £28 for a bottle!!!) The selection offered for breakfast was fab, from cooked breakfasts, pastries, fruit etc - something for everyone. I would certainly recommend it and will be using this hotel again.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed in the hotel for one night (Sunday) before an early flight. It is very close to the terminals and the headline price was good value, however the food was typical hotel prices (eye-wateringly expensive for the quality received) and I do begrudge paying to use the car park for the hotel.. I understand why, but I'd prefer it to be included in the room rate to be honest.

The hotel was undergoing some refurbishment, for which I am happy to make an allowance. The person that served us in the bar / restuarant really was not fully trained and should not have been let loose on customers.. when I'm paying £50-odd pounds for mediocre food and drink I do expect the wine to be chilled (I think he may have taken a bottle of white wine from a shelf rather than a fridge) and I do not expect to be continually addressed as 'mate'.

On the basis of balance though, all the other staff were very good and professional and the room was absolutely fine.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed in the Hilton prior to an early flight, on my arrival I was impressed with the reception areas, restaurant etc. The room was very acceptable overall and clean, my one big disappointment was the bed, I have stayed in Hiltons before and have come to expect much higher quality bedding and comfort, the bed was very hard and so were the pillows.
The shuttle service was very good as was the car parking.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stay in Hilton hotels for over 100+ nights each year around the world, and thus enjoy being a Hilton Diamond member. I'm not much of a reviewer (really don't think my opinion I that important).

However, I've just completed a 20 hours transatlantic jaunt and yet feel compelled to write a few comments regarding The Hilton Manchester Airport before I retire for the evening. This hotel has managed to earn the dubious honor of being the worst Hilton I Have Ever stayed in. I don't stay in swanky hotels but usually Hilton / Hampton Inn / Homewood Suites so certainly not top of the range.

The summary of this horrific property a) poor check-in from someone who really just wanted to get rid of me without explaining breakfast / shuttle / or diamond benefits and the direction she provided proved to be incorrect b) As a loyal Diamond member I get an upgrade.... holy moly, I wonder what other people get? My upgrade included stains on the floor, unclean bathroom, dangling wiring, heating / cooling inoperative and a shower that requires a degree in physics to master. The room is something out of a bad 70s show and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have slept in. c) At checkout I mentioned that my stay was "the worst ever" and met with indifference by the desk clerk and a hostile "why didn't you tell us the room was bad"? As mentioned previously I stay at Hilton a LOT and only once had the need to request a new room as I had been given one that had inadvertantly not been cleaned... no big deal, these things happen. I have never been expected to report "structural" defects to a room. Having arrived late after a long drive, is it really the patrons job to let management know that rooms are sub standard? The rest of the hotel is tired, and surrounded by road construction (forget trying to walk the 1/4 mile to the terminals unless you want to take your life in your hands).

I have never said this before as I am extremely loyal to the Hilton brand, the points I get that earn me free holidays, the room upgrades and the guarantee of a comfortable nights sleep but I will NEVER stay at this property again. There are plenty of other Hotel choices right next to the airport, and I will stay there in future.

I left feeling not valued as a customer let alone someone that stays 1 in 3 nights each year with the Hilton brand, and physically dirty based on the accomodations provided.

I note management are claiming renovations / reconstruction of rooms / facilities in other comments. I would be sure that the room you are going to reside has been reconstructed from the ground up if you are considering a stay here.

The one bright spot of my stay was the lady "directing" the Airport shuttle bus in the morning. She had her act together and was very efficient... nicely done.

I now need to shower for an hour before bed.... in an attempt to get clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business