“Well worth it”

Ranked #59 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
darlington
“Well worth it”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton on 23rd Feb prior to a mid morning flight.The shuttle bus from Terminal 2 to the hotel wasn't the speediest but as long as you accept that other people want different terminals not too bad.
Check in was fast and efficient and at the same time we booked the meal deal for the newly renovated Masons restaurant,good value at only £25 each.The room was spacious,clean and comfortable.
Dinner was well cooked and served by people who took pride in thier work.
Breakfast was a buffet style but eggs and omelettes are cooked to order.One bugbear was the toaster,bread has to go through a couple of times to get any sort of colour so the result is either cold toast or cold eggs.Plenty of tea and coffee.
Check out and shuttle were trouble free.
All in all a good stay and we will stay here before our next Manchester flights.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed here overnight before our recent ski holiday on a park and stay package via the internet that gave us B&B and 7 days parking. The hotel is really handy for the airport and the shutttle bus early next morning was very quick. They took care of our car for a week and the airport pick up and car handover on our return was again faultless. We ate in the restaurant which has recently had a make over and change of name and is perhaps a bit souless but our meal the night before our departure was good and there was a wine, coffee and liqueur package which was a nice start. Nice comfy room Hilton style. By far and away the best thing is that they do a hot buffet breakfast from 5.30am which is great before a no frills flight. So overall worth a second visit. I dont know what the prices are like other than with a deal so check first

Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Good location and overall experience reasonable. Excellent reception staff. After a tiring drive we were ready for a drink; a gin and tonic and glass of wine (albeit large ones) cost the princely sum of £21-50!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed one night as I had to pick up relatives from an early flight arrival at the airport. Unfortuately, 20 metres from the hotel my car broke down and I was towed to the hotels car park by a passing driving - on entering the car park the conceige/minibus driver came running out saying I could not pull in here, on informing him that I had a reservation for the night I was left alone without any offer of assistance at all, in fact he actually commented that he had seen me broken down at the road side.

The dust levels in the room were quite high, which did not really bothered me but would an asthma suffer, though what made me unhappy was finding pubic hair from a previous resident of the room. I informed reception on check out who could not apologise enough.

The complementary minibus service to the terminal was excellent and on thinking I had lost my mobile the night shift driver thoroughly looked for it in the minibus for me and went out of his way to check every possible nook in the minibus.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Sovsscotland
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Had pleasure of staying two nights whilst visiting area, arrived by train, late evening used courtesy bus service. Bus arrived within 5mins, very attentive & informative driver.

Prompt service at reception, offered upgrade, which we took, all aspects fully explained. Suite clean & tidy no issues.

Breakfast was a joy, fresh food and plentiful, staff attentive.

Checkout prompt & professional, offered courtesy bus, but decided to walk, staff provided directions, well done all at Hilton Manchester Airport....

• Stayed February 2012
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton recently for one night (sunday) before flight on Monday. Was really impressed with it (have stayed there before). The reception staff were so welcoming and really friendly. We got a deal on internet with room, car parking, three course meal and breakfast included for what we considered good price. We put in request for upgrade to a suite for an extra £9 which we got, as our flight wasn't until 3.00 pm so we did use the room longer than we have previously done, as usually have early flights. Although the restaurant was being refurbished, we couldn't fault the staff or the service. We found the evening meal nice, (wine was £14 bottle, which is what you expect to pay in restaurant - was supposed to be half price and I definitely wouldnt pay £28 for a bottle!!!) The selection offered for breakfast was fab, from cooked breakfasts, pastries, fruit etc - something for everyone. I would certainly recommend it and will be using this hotel again.

Poole
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed in the hotel for one night (Sunday) before an early flight. It is very close to the terminals and the headline price was good value, however the food was typical hotel prices (eye-wateringly expensive for the quality received) and I do begrudge paying to use the car park for the hotel.. I understand why, but I'd prefer it to be included in the room rate to be honest.

The hotel was undergoing some refurbishment, for which I am happy to make an allowance. The person that served us in the bar / restuarant really was not fully trained and should not have been let loose on customers.. when I'm paying £50-odd pounds for mediocre food and drink I do expect the wine to be chilled (I think he may have taken a bottle of white wine from a shelf rather than a fridge) and I do not expect to be continually addressed as 'mate'.

On the basis of balance though, all the other staff were very good and professional and the room was absolutely fine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!