“Re start to holiday”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed at the Hilton at Manchester as my husbands disabled and it makes life so much easier when you going on holiday
We got there a little early our room was ready for us the room was very nice but a little crowded as we had a wheelchair and there was a table and chair in room which made it a little hard to get cases and wheelchair In I did ask for an assisted room but they carnt always give you one
The staff where great couldn't do enough for you we had a meal which was lovely just made the start to the holiday great we are going back there in November

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Airport

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have stayed in many Hilton brands all over the world and this was one of the worst by far. Called courtesy phone as instructed from train station and range over 20 times with no answer. Water didn't work in the bathroom sink, they tried to fix, and faucets are one hot and one cold. Had to use bathtub water to wash hands and face, with separate hot and cold faucets (sink was the same). Hot faucet scolded hands so no real way to wash unless filled up tub just to wash hands!!! Food was horrible, hamburger was too dry to eat. Waitress and manager came by to tell us we ordered it that way!!! We ordered medium well which would not have been burned, dry and cold. They comp'd our desserts but really wanted dinner that wasn't edible. Extra pillows didn't have cases so couldn't use. Front desk didn't seem to care about anything. Realize it is an airport hotel so didn't expect the level of Hilton we have enjoyed in major cities but also didn't expect an uncomfortable, uncaring dump.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Babs3124
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the website. I can feel from your words how much you did not enjoy your stay with us and I would like to say how sorry I am that this was the case for you.

Our phones are usually answered as soon as they ring and I can only think that this was an exceptionally busy time at the front desk for the phone not to be answered immediately. I do apologise to you for this delay in answering your call.

Clearly there were issues with your sink and if we were full then we probably could not room move you, which would be our normal line of action, so that you were not inconvenienced in any way.

There could have been far more empathy shown around the situation with your burger and I am so sorry this was not the case. I shall certainly request further training around this area, including our front desk team who are normally very caring and client focused.

I would love to be able to show you how our hotel normally operates as I do feel that your experience was truly a one-off. To that end, if you contact me personally I will personally oversee the booking for you.

I do hope that you will be back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Sue Harman

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here the night prior to our holiday - and the first night of our honeymoon. Mentioned that we were off to Florida on honeymoon the following morning and room was upgraded for us. Later a knock at the door and two glasses of champagne delivered. Very nice touch. Thanks Hilton

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Great room, very quiet (even though next to the airport), lots of car parking and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Also... the shuttle bus to the airport (and back) is free. Note: you have to call the hotel from the airport, to get them to send the shuttle bus over to collect you!

Room Tip: no tips as my stay was excellent and exceeded expectations
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlexRJ
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed over night prior to flying on to Brussels. Dinner at Mason's very expense. I did not find the meal to be up to the prices. Hotel is showing age, need updating. I guess to cut cost, they no longer provide guest with wake up calls. The shuttle bus is good. Check in was fast. I thought the rack rate was high for what you receive. There was mold in the bath room. This will be my last stay at the Hilton.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank DBrown54
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband, young son & I stayed here for a night before we flew out on holiday. The room was excellent and catered for our needs perfectly. The staff were great and we enjoyed a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant on arrival. We parked our car here for the duration of our holiday.

The transfers to the airport were a bit slow but we got there ok! On the way back we had to wait for about 30 minutes in the freezing cold with a young baby late at night which was a bit upsetting but once we got our car we were fine!

All in all, a great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aman2222
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I had to catch the 7 am light out and decided to stay at the airport. Usually airport Hilton hotels are of high quality, yet this one was a step or two below the rest. First was the shuttle from the airport, that they were not willing to send it when I called 10minutes before train arrival. When I arrived and called a seconds time, i was told that the shuttle would be at the train station within 20-30 minutes. So I walked instead of waiting. The checking in was efficient but there was no executive Launge or Buisiness center. The room was decent but showed its age. For example:two facets19th century style. The aircondtion was loud and did not work right, it was too hot no matter what temp I set it at. Furthermore, it turned itself off at night. The closet was 60's style with no handles and was a struggle to open. On the positive side, the bed was comfertable, the room was well insulated from airport noise. In the morning, the front desk was not willing to let me know when the shuttle would head to the airport. So I had to show up at the front desk and wait for it for 15-20 minutes. this shuttle, although its free, customer service is not their main priority.

Overall it's a Hilton by name only.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business