I guess this place may be ok for one night before you're off on holiday (if you're flying from Manchester), but I booked this hotel, on the Hilton name, for a business trip (as I stay in the Tower Doubletree Hilton, London, every week). Sadly, it's now apparent that not all Hilton Hotels are equal.. Or even comparable.
As a Diamond hHonors member I was upgraded to a Queen Room on the 4th floor. It was distinctly average and on one of the hottest days of the year the air con didn't work - which made for a highly uncomfortable night
I ordered room service, requesting ketchup and mayo with the order. The food arrived (after a 45 minute wait) without ketchup or mayo. It took three more calls to room service just to get some ketchup delivered (the great mayo shortage of 2013 manifesting itself in Manchester?!). By then the already tepid food was cold!
Is this small stuff? Yes, of course it is! However, it's this type of thing that will irritate the weary business traveller enough to complain about the other things on Trip Advisor, as follows:-
Very tired pillows. (Wish I hadn't looked inside the pillowcase!)
The overpriced (£10.20 for 250ml) bad quality and lukewarm New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which arrived in a very dirty glass
Poor quality room service food
Inept bar staff. I experienced an eight minute stint of 'bar invisibility' whilst six staff, including one female bar manager, in a suit, faffed about trying to open bottles and fill ice buckets. I do get that bars are very busy places.. But I was the only customer stood at the bar and good customer service (not to mention basic good manners) suggests you acknowledge the customer and say you'll be right with them. Some staff development needed here Hilton!
Shoddy service all round - I will go into town next time I have to be in this neck of the woods.. I'm sure these guys won't miss me.. Heck, they didn't even register I was here in the first place! This is the kind of place you expect to see Alan Partridge.. Good luck folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester