Hilton Manchester Airport
Good 3.5/5
US$110
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
US$97
  • Free Internet
3,294 results
All reviewsmanchester airportpark and flyan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlecourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingfamily roomone night stayan overnight staygood nights sleepnight's sleepminibuskeyspounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I guess this place may be ok for one night before you're off on holiday (if you're flying from Manchester), but I booked this hotel, on the Hilton name, for a business trip (as I stay in the Tower Doubletree Hilton, London, every week). Sadly, it's now apparent that not all Hilton Hotels are equal.. Or even comparable.

As a Diamond hHonors member I was upgraded to a Queen Room on the 4th floor. It was distinctly average and on one of the hottest days of the year the air con didn't work - which made for a highly uncomfortable night

I ordered room service, requesting ketchup and mayo with the order. The food arrived (after a 45 minute wait) without ketchup or mayo. It took three more calls to room service just to get some ketchup delivered (the great mayo shortage of 2013 manifesting itself in Manchester?!). By then the already tepid food was cold!

Is this small stuff? Yes, of course it is! However, it's this type of thing that will irritate the weary business traveller enough to complain about the other things on Trip Advisor, as follows:-

Very tired pillows. (Wish I hadn't looked inside the pillowcase!)

The overpriced (£10.20 for 250ml) bad quality and lukewarm New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which arrived in a very dirty glass

Poor quality room service food

Inept bar staff. I experienced an eight minute stint of 'bar invisibility' whilst six staff, including one female bar manager, in a suit, faffed about trying to open bottles and fill ice buckets. I do get that bars are very busy places.. But I was the only customer stood at the bar and good customer service (not to mention basic good manners) suggests you acknowledge the customer and say you'll be right with them. Some staff development needed here Hilton!

Shoddy service all round - I will go into town next time I have to be in this neck of the woods.. I'm sure these guys won't miss me.. Heck, they didn't even register I was here in the first place! This is the kind of place you expect to see Alan Partridge.. Good luck folks.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lilifer
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting a very honest appraisal of your stay with us and I feel very sad that, as one of our loyal Diamond HHonors Members, that your stay was not more memorable. I can feel from your words how disappointed and annoying it must have been for you and can more than empathise with that sentiment.

We are an airport hotel but do care about the brief stays that our guests have. Your experience had fallen below our famous Hilton standards and I am investigating why your room service order and delivery was wrong, the result being that your meal was spoilt on more than one level which I would apologise wholeheartedly for.

Our bar does get busy but, our customers should always come first and your feedback will be presented to our Bar Manager for immediate training. Your words are very valuable and have been taken with the utmost seriousness.

I would like to think that you will come back and try us once again and, to that end, would ask that you kindly contact me in the first instance so that I can personally oversee the booking arrangments for you.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
sue.harman@hilton.com

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

The airport hotel business is tough - transient guests often there for a single night can lead to a drop in standards, not so here - I have had other good experiences at hilton airport hotels and likewise this one does not disappoint. The room - 4th floor and above are best - was good: spacious, clean and functional. The lack of a premium lounge was a minor issue, but bar prices were fair and no automatic service charge (an issue I have at crowne plaza down the road). The restaurant has a good menu, priced as you may expect a tad high, but food quality excellent as is service - the waitress knew I was alone and put me at a table opposite the kitchen so I could 'watch the chef' a nice human touch. Service on checkin was super I may add. So in summary - take a superior room, you will get good service but temper your expectations it is still an airport hotel, but for the money a very good one. The creme brûlée is worth a try

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The reception staff are in need of a customer service course on how to be polite and acommodating, the carpets in the rooms all need a good cleaning and the shuttle service in the later evening in rubbish having to wait 25mins to be coolect from the airport when other hotelshad 5 shuttle pickups in that time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review to TripAdvisor, it is always greatly appreciated and I am so sorry that you have had reason to complain.

I have requested that our Front Office Manager revisits some training with her team to ensure that we are always welcoming and accommodating. To tell you the truth, knowing our team over the years, I can say that they are very nice professional people and was quite surprised to read otherwise. I can only image it was very busy and they were less than their usual empathic selves. However, that is never an excuse and it will be attended to.

Head housekeeper will ensure that our carpets are being deep cleaned to provide consistency and our Concierge Manager will look at our minibus schedule to ensure minimum wait times. Occasionally the time will be a little longer due to the road works and pure volume of guests requiring transport.

I do hope that you will be back with us soon dear guest and would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 17 June 2013

As a regular traveller from Manchester Airport for both business and pleasure I had used this facility at the Hilton many times the rooms there are adequate for the one night stay before the flights, nothing to rave about but cheap, cheerful, clean and comfortable. However you never truly rate a service like this until something goes wrong and the true test of how they handle Customer complaints is highlighted. In April 2013 we once again stayed overnight and used their parking facilities whilst on a short 5 night break however on our return our 'brand new' car had been damaged it was naturally reported immediately to the Airparks attendant who run this service for the Hilton who said no problem photographs were taken of our car before they drove it from the Hilton for storage and no damage was evident so it had clearly been damaged whilst in their care. We drove home happy in the knowledge it would be sorted HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE to date 17th June 2013 Airparks and the Hilton are taking turns blaming each other and our car remains damaged as the only way to proceed is to claim on our own insurance therefore loosing our full no claims discount DISGRACEFUL I have spoken to several duty Managers at the Hilton and Airparks only converse via email the level of customer service is shoking. I have twice since this incident used Bewleys Hotel at Manchester Airport and their parking facilities what a completely different attitude they have to their customers I think they actually want to keep them!!!!! So a word to the wise remember how a simple incident like this can wipe out the relaxation and happy memories of your holiday instantaneously

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I am truly sorry that you have received such poor service. If this situation has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, please can you contact me so that I can personally investigate and bring a conclusion to this issue. It is certainly not our usual level of service and, once again, I would apologise to you wholeheartedly for the annoyance and disappointment encountered.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
sue.harman@hilton.com

Reviewed 17 June 2013

the hotel is in walking distance from the airport, very nice staff to greet you by arrival and to make sure everything is fine during your stay.. The meeting facilities was ok - the food.. well not my kind of but we survived.. The bar was very average - nothing special..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Lone O

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive response and I am glad to read that, on the whole, you enjoyed your stay. It sounds as though you were having a meeting here and stayed over too. We do try and offer a wide variety of foods that are selected by the conference organiser at booking stage and will always look at special requests should this be required. We do have chefs on site all day who can be flexible if the food is not to your taste, just let us know! I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy that aspect of the event.

Our Mason's Bar is usually busy and buzzy at night but quieter in the day with conference guests mingling with our holidaymakers. I am sorry that you did not think it anything special, we like to think that it does liven up in the evenings and fills with atmosphere fast.

I am glad that your arrival greeting was appreciated and truly hope that you can be back with us soon.

Many kind regards