“Just an average hotel on a good location.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Manchester Airport

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #58 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
“Just an average hotel on a good location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Check-in was too fast, not personal at all. There was no information given about breakfast or the internet access. Room was clean and big, but bathroom was smelly. Overall good room, with good beds. The one negative experience we had was in the bar and the restaurant. It took about 45 minutes before we got our pizza (!!!) Additionally, the wrong order was taken for both the food and the wine. There were also problems with charging to the room, as the first day we were able to charge to the room. However, the second day we were told we could not charge anything to the room as we did not have a credit card in the system (which we did!) We would like to thank the food and beverage assistant called Asanda, as she was very polite, caring and enthusiastic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed to find this hotel quite average and unexceptional - in spite of the brand's good name.

I appreciate an "airport" hotel will probably not be a line-up's flagship. However, there are many ways this hotel could have been better.

Rather than dwell on the negatives, I'd rather focus on what was good. The restaurant "Masons" had very good high-quality offerings (albeit with menus that have seen better days). The serving staff were also very good.

The front desk staff, I thought, were also very well-trained and professional.

My final remarks are not specific to this hotel - but I resent getting gouged for WiFi by an alleged premium brand hotel. It's an odd indignity and seems contradictory to all the advertising copy of "caring" and "value". Please, just build it into the price.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed here overnight before an early flight, initial impressions were favourable, check in was very quick and efficient, the room was a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Its walkable from the train station which was great and the bed was very comfortable. My temperature control didnt work - and it would have been nice to have the usual biscuits with the tea and coffee provided.

I ate at the Bistro and whilst the food was very nice and service cheerful and professional it is overpriced - however it is standard pricing for Hiltons so I had expected this.
You have to pay for wifi in your room, which is disappointing considering the price of the rooms - however there is a PC area in the main foyer on the ground floor which does have free internet.

The airport shuttle was regular and the driver was lovely, and took only 5 minutes for a drop off.

My disapointment comes from service received after my stay - I'd managed to leave a bag of 40 euros in my room as I was checking out - I emailed the hotel as soon as I realised on landing abroad, and to be honest whilst I didnt have high expectations that these would have been handed in by the cleaning staff, I was massively disappointed that I didnt even receive a response from the hotel acknowledging my email. Its now been 3 weeks since I emailed (and received a read receipt) and yet I've heard nothing. Obviously it was entirely my own fault I left the money -but with a hotel of the standard of Hilton you would at least expect a response. I regularly book Hilton hotels around the UK for corporate events but am so disappointed with the lack of service I'll be looking to hold these elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night prior to holiday
Clean modern rooms, all staff very attentive and friendly
Beautiful breakfast,with a large choice of fresh fruit yogurts pastries and cooked items. And a free transfer from the hotel to the airport was an added bonus

Stayed October 2013
Colwyn Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked an overnight park & stay package including breakfast to kick off our honeymoon. Paid in advance for a smidge over £100. Excellent value. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. Breakfast at 5.30 am was plentiful with healthy options.

Our car boot was full of wedding stuff. We had no choice despite the "don't leave valuables" strictures, but was returned to us exactly as was - perfect.

The shuttle service to and from the airport also worked well, helped by the clear instructions supplied by the hotel (NB the hotel courtesy phone in Terminal One is just next to the information desk) and professional driver service.

We had time to kill during the evening. It is a short walk to the train station and we were able to enjoy excellent dim sum (at the Rice Bowl, Cross St) in Manchester,

We will use the Hilton again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Manchester Hilton the night prior to an early flight, having booked online with a pre-paid discounted family room.

Arrival to and departure from the hotel using the shuttle bus was pretty quick even at 05:15.

Check in-out was efficient and the room was spacious, modern and comfortable.

The bar and restaurant for evening meal offered good service and food, even for a party of 7.

My only minor point for this hotel was that when I booked online, the only room option for 2 adults, 1 (small) child was a family room, yet when I rang the hotel to book another room for the return journey, I was advised that I could fit a pull-out bed into a standard room (i.e. cheaper room rate).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

have stayed here many times. Very convenient for both the airport and the motorway network. Rooms are a good size, clean and airy. Bara nd restaurant good and they do very good breakfasts. Will definitely be staying again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!