“Service Excellence Steve M”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My recent stay at Manchester Airport Hilton Hotel was quite simply superb. The service I received from entering the hotel reception through to check out was excellent. All staff were polite, helpful and extremely eager to please, which makes a refreshing change. The restaurant and bar service was also excellent. Thank you very much for a relaxing experience and I will have no hesitation in booking with you again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Airport

Reviewed 17 December 2013

stayed one night we were travelling to Lapland with grandsons excellent service from staff at the Hilton on Manchester airport, reception staff even gave grandsons there own room keys which made them feel extra special thank you very much Hilton hotel Manchester airport

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest - what a lovely story and how sweet about your grandsons' and the room keys. I am so very glad that we were able to make it special for the trip to Lapland and one that your family will remember for a very long time.

People stay here for all sorts of reasons and to be able to touch the lives of so many guests in perhaps small but meaningful ways is the true Hilton essence.

I hope you had a magical time with your grandchildren and that you will be back one day for another memorable moment.

Many kind regards
Sue Harman

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple times previously for 1 night before early morning flight. It's a comfortable hotel with quick links to the airport. The rooms could do with a refurbishment and bathrooms need updating. My other complaint is what they charge for dinner. It is very expensive for what you get. All in all for a 1 night stay before a flight from Manchester the hotel is sufficient enough. I would like to note that the staff are very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L11per
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. We do read and take on board all comments posted. I have requested that both my Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Engineer see what could be done to refresh the room. I am sorry that this has given you cause to complain and we would most certainly have tried to room move you should you have desired this.

We do in fact offer vouchers for £22.50 at reception which encompasses a 3 course meal. I believe this is good value for money and it is a choice from our regular menu. We also have specials on so please do ask for these when you next stay.

I note that you were, on the whole, pleased with your stay and do hope that with the addition of the above we can make your next visit even more pleasant.

Warm festive regards
Gary Morrison
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Clean, well appointed, and the inclusion of standard hotel amenities made this a very pleasant stay.

Check in and check out were surprisingly fast compared to other UK hotels, and on demand shuttle service to the nearby airport (less than 5 minutes) was wonderful.

Additionally the restaurant had a nice menu and a full bar.

I will stay here again on my next trip to the UK.

Room Tip: I was concerned about the proximity to the airport, but never heard a plane.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Polite reception. Hotel very clean. Room impeccable. Food fresh and value for money. Breakfast table very well presented and fresh. Would recommend and I would use again. The staff where very helpful and polite. I suggest book early.

Room Tip: All rooms well furnished.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week in a room on the 4th floor. I have stayed in Hilton's around the world before so I'm familiar with what to expect. I was travelling on business with one other colleague. When I opened the door the stains and marks/holes in the carpet were immediately off putting. You can get general wear & tear but this carpet needs to be replaced. There were marks on the skirting board and the armchair was made up into a bed...there was only me in the room with two doubles & an armchair bed. Also they had towels left out in all the beds. This was obviously a family room which is fine but surely a waste of towels & linens. My horror was in the bathroom. There was a hair on the toilet seat, and I had to clean the top of the toilet (I felt ill doing this) as somebody had cleaned their nose...
Also the black mildew around the taps on the bath & in the tiles in the corner....
I had been travelling since 3am & was very tired. I blame myself for not going back to reception with the photos I took to show them how bad the room was. I was just too tired to complain. I had a look at the sheets & they were clean.
When I met my colleague for a late bite to eat she told me her room was awful too but she came back to reception and they moved her to a cleaner room.
The moral of the tail; I should have said something to reception.
We were taken to a table very promptly for dinner but we waited so long for somebody to take our order we had to ask for it to be taken. The staff were polite & the food was good. The breakfast was standard however many items were almost gone @ 8:45 and they didn't seem to be replacing them. My colleague got coffee but when I joined her I couldn't find anybody to ask for tea for myself.
You have to pay for wifi...
It was nice and quiet at night.
Would I stay here again? I would try elsewhere first. That's just because I got turned off but again it's my fault for not complaining.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Getmedown
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that you have had cause to complain on more than one level.

I can feel from your words how upset, annoyed and let down you felt and can more than empathise with those sentiments.

I have requested that my Head Housekeeper checks for the issues you mentioned as it certainly does not sound acceptable and will be changed. I am sorry that this impacted upon your stay and, yes, of course, we would have loved to remedy this for you at the time as it is always so much harder after the event, especially when we do not have full details.

I shall ask our Restaurant Manager to ensure waiting times are minimal and that our Chef is putting out lovely fresh food on a regular basis right up to our breakfast end time.

Thank you though for this feedback. We do use every comment as a training tool to ensure our standards are kept high.

If you are returning, please do let us know so that we can ensure a lovely smooth stay and to show you how we normally operate.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Gary Morrison
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for one night ahead of our holiday in December 2013, having been unable to book The Radisson. As such, I was expecting to be disappointed but the experience was great.

Unlike many international hotels I have stayed in I was very pleasantly surprised when the complimentary shuttle bus turned up soon after we called the hotel to request it. That was a great start. The driver was friendly and after just a few minutes we were checking in, which was swift, very professional and effective.

Our room was large, with a nice bathroom, powerful shower and all the usual things you expect in terms of standards, cleanliness and toiletries. We ventured downstairs for dinner and chose to treat ourselves in the restaurant rather than the bar. We had a nice meal but it was very expensive so next time we may do the bar instead!

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It may not have the location and some of the panache of The Radisson, but I would certainly stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple