“Excellent experience”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stay here because of the convenience but now it will also be because it's a good experience. What a difference 6 months makes. From the bus driver thru to restaurant staff everyone was pleasant and really helpful. Not so back in April. Comfortable, clean room, good restaurant service, attentive bell man. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Made most welcome at Reception, breakfast was of the highest standard and the staff could not be more helpful. The bedroom was extremely comfortable and excellent value for price paid. Unfortunately on this visit was unable to eat in the Restaurant as we arrived quite late due to flight times but previous visit two weeks earlier had a fantastic meal in Masons. Would highly recommend. Shall be returning in February.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely glowing review, it truly is appreciated. There is something about the true Hilton spirit in your words and I am so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We all look forward to having you back here in February and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here with my wife on 18 November 2013. I have stayed here previously and always considered this hotel to be a cut above the other similar hotels nearby. We used to consider this the beginning of our holiday break and would look forward to a relaxing stay and romantic meal in classy surroundings.

Reception area was good with helpful staff and easy check in.

The room allocated was rubbish with stained carpets, brown stains in the bath and a general feeling of being worn out, scruffy and grubby. Another room was allocated which was a little better but still showing signs of wear and tear and lacking in the luxury feel which used to be part of the experience here.

We had pre booked dinner and breakfast. For dinner we were shown to a table for two sandwiched between two other couples. The table was shabby. The formica surface was bubbling, there were no place mats or table cloths. The food was OK but the setting was cheap and nasty. It was like eating in a transport café. They also seem to have lost the live pianist who used to add to the ambiance.

Breakfast was a little better with some attempt having been made to set the tables properly. There was a good selection of breakfast foods available and the freshly cooked omelette I had was very good.

Throughout the stay all the staff were very helpful and friendly but sadly the fabric of the hotel was not up to standard. This hotel has lost its "cut above" status and I have no reason for selecting to stay there again in the future.

In general, a very disappointing experience. I tried to provide some constructive feedback via their website but it is not user friendly and I was forced to abandon my efforts and post my findings here.

Room Tip: Try another hotel instead
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris h
Reviewed 18 December 2013

You cant fault the hotel for its modern fresh comfortable facilities. I like the fact you can get off the train and walk straight to the hotel, check in quickly and then get straight on with meetings within minutes. The restaurant is good, if a little pricey, breakfast is amazing. Very good value and quality.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the rear car park
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and it sounds as though we tick all the right boxes for you which I am so pleased about.

Yes, we are literally opposite the train station next to the airport terminals so, from the point of access, we really are in pole position! Don't forget, we do collect from the train station in our 24 hour courtesy shuttle bus if you have luggage to carry.

We currently have dinner vouchers on sale at reception for £22.50 which, for 3 courses, I believe is very good value.

I do hope that you are back with us again soon on business or for leisure dear guest and would wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My recent stay at Manchester Airport Hilton Hotel was quite simply superb. The service I received from entering the hotel reception through to check out was excellent. All staff were polite, helpful and extremely eager to please, which makes a refreshing change. The restaurant and bar service was also excellent. Thank you very much for a relaxing experience and I will have no hesitation in booking with you again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

stayed one night we were travelling to Lapland with grandsons excellent service from staff at the Hilton on Manchester airport, reception staff even gave grandsons there own room keys which made them feel extra special thank you very much Hilton hotel Manchester airport

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest - what a lovely story and how sweet about your grandsons' and the room keys. I am so very glad that we were able to make it special for the trip to Lapland and one that your family will remember for a very long time.

People stay here for all sorts of reasons and to be able to touch the lives of so many guests in perhaps small but meaningful ways is the true Hilton essence.

I hope you had a magical time with your grandchildren and that you will be back one day for another memorable moment.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple times previously for 1 night before early morning flight. It's a comfortable hotel with quick links to the airport. The rooms could do with a refurbishment and bathrooms need updating. My other complaint is what they charge for dinner. It is very expensive for what you get. All in all for a 1 night stay before a flight from Manchester the hotel is sufficient enough. I would like to note that the staff are very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L11per
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. We do read and take on board all comments posted. I have requested that both my Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Engineer see what could be done to refresh the room. I am sorry that this has given you cause to complain and we would most certainly have tried to room move you should you have desired this.

We do in fact offer vouchers for £22.50 at reception which encompasses a 3 course meal. I believe this is good value for money and it is a choice from our regular menu. We also have specials on so please do ask for these when you next stay.

I note that you were, on the whole, pleased with your stay and do hope that with the addition of the above we can make your next visit even more pleasant.

Warm festive regards