“Perfectly adequate for purpose”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #60 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night with breakfast prior to holiday flight.Have stayed at several manchester airport hotels and choose mainly on price offered.Found the Hilton to be fine for our needs, checked in late evening with no problems, didnt use bar or restaurant, breakfast next day was ok, didnt leave me either impressed or disappointed in terms of service or choice offered. Shuttle service to terminal by a pleasant driver. Would stay again dependent on price, requested a quiet room not near any lifts or doors, email was acknowledged and had a ground floor room by the leisure centre which was fine.

• Stayed: January 2014
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and it is good to read that we met your needs, albeit for a brief stay before your journey. Yes, we have some great rates available so please do keep looking and don't take too long to book!

I hope that next time you may have the chance to experience our other facilities and enjoy your stay even further.

We all look forward to your return stay and would send very best wishes to you.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We really enjoyed the hotel and the service was good. The hotel was clean and everything worked. The staff were friendly and polite. As a suggestion - it would have been nice to have more than one restaurant to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We shall certainly bear in mind your suggestion about the restaurants and thank you very much for your posiitve comments.

We all look forward to having you back here as our guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

As a business/airport hotel, I find it offensive to have to pay for Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi is not even allowed to all levels of HHilton honors members. Even though I am a HHilton honors member I went off property with my family to dine and to use free Wi-Fi. The concierge was very helpful and the location of the hotel within the airport was convenient to catch the flight back to the States.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am sorry that, on this occasion, you did not entirely enjoy your stay, however, I am pleased that the concierge desk was helpful for you.

I do hope that your travels brings you back this way soon and, until then, woluld assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night only to catch (very) early flight next day.
Booking (online) had been smooth. Arrived to Manchester airport via train, and was directed to free-phone we could use to call the hotel for free transit (Not possible to walk the very short distance as we would have to cross 4 lanes of traffic...).
Transit arrived very promptly. Lovely driver. Very short drive to hotel. Swift and efficient check-in.
Room nice but a bit tired in parts (Torn shower-curtain, wonky lamp etc. ) -But on the plus-side; a really nice firm mattress.
Went to bar for drinks whilst we booked table for food in restaurant for later. Bar-staff efficient and charming. Looked at menu whilst we waited. Unfortunately menu-card was quite "tatty"... laminated cover peeling away. Not that this is very important to me, but it made me doubt/question what the quality of food would be like.
Moved to restaurant for really nice meal with nice wine. Again, the waiter was friendly, charming and helpful. Food arrived promptly and was delicious. (Better than I had expected, actually).
In the morning the staff at the reception ensured speedy check-out (we did not have breakfast) and arranged for a swift free transit to airport. The driver was polite and knew exactly which terminal and entrance we should use. (Really good at 5.20 in the morning)!
So, overall; a pleasant stay with lovely, efficient and friendly staff, good food and a good bed -but unfortunately some of the tired bits pulled overall impression down. (Had it not been for the great staff, I probably would have given a score of average)
Would definitely stay again though, if price competitive with the other airport hotels.

3  Thank TinaL
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed overnight, as many people do, therefore i didn't expect too much from a transit hotel, and my lack of expectations were not disappointed. But this is one of The "Hilton" chain. The hotel facilities were a bit old, jaded and unkempt. Loose light fitting in the bathroom, thick layers of dust here and there, torn shower curtain lot's of picky details which although small in themselves together amounted to a feeling that there was a of lack of interest with regards decor, cleanliness and ambiance . All in all not the standard i would expect from the Hilton. I'm sure there are many of the chain of Hilton hotels who are catering for longer stays and paying a bit more attention to the details, but i get the feeling that Manchester airport Hilton just don't really feel that they have to try as hard because their clientele are transitory, on their way somewhere else etc. I have no complaints at all about the staff, they were polite, helpful and generally excellent, if a little apologetic about the facilities. The food tasted decent, but was a little overpriced considering the presentation and surroundings. I got the feeling they were concentrating on the conference they had booked in rather than the individual guests, who possibly paid more per person. next time i will go to the other more convenient hotels in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Somewhere else.
2  Thank Michael D

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your balanced thorough review and your feedback will certainly be taken on board and used in our training.

It sounds as though there were a few issues arising on different levels and I am very sorry that these were compounded to spoil your stay. However, I am very pleased that you acknowledged our staff as "... generally excellent" and I shall pass this feedback on. I will also let our head housekeeper know that there was a lack of attention to detail in the room you were allocated and I know that she will take this with all seriousness.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I do hope that you will be back in the knowledge that we have listened and will certainly take action.

My very best wishes to you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great hotel - all amenities expected by frequent travelers & convenient to the Manchester airport, with shuttles running "as needed". As Hilton Gold member, amenities pkg was provided, including free drink & breakfast - great value for $.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here before we flew to Cancun. The hotel is what you would expect. It is warm, clean and comfortable. The shower was lovely and we had a really good nights sleep. The food in the restaurant was excellent. I had the chicken and I have to say it was so tasty and extremely tender, My husband had the burger and the homemade chips with both dishes were delicious. We did not have breakfast so cannot comment on that but we would definitely use this hotel again. The free shuttle service is very convenient and available all day and night. Staff were very attentive and polite.

2  Thank ozzy089
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very positive review and I can feel from your words that you had a really good stay!

I'm glad you enjoyed your room and meal in our Mason's Restaurant. We do have fully trained chefs on board so am very pleased that you recognised how great both of your meals were - thank you for that, I shall let Chef and his team have a copy of the feedback.

Yes, the complimentary 24 hour shuttle bus to the terminals or train station really does make for an easy journey and the team are always on hand to give a helping hand or some advice if needed.

It sounds as though you will be back with us again soon and we all look forward to having you with us once again.

Many kind regards