“Not a worthy Hilton hotel”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at is hotel for a night in January and was very disappointed. I was woken in the middle of the night by the (faulty) AC unit in the room, whilst the shower offers no more than a mere trickle of luke warm water. My evening meal was equally poor. I sent a complaint to the hotel (along with a couple of videos from my iPhone) and was offered a free night with dinner and breakfast included. I thought this was a fair offer and was one that I accepted.

I stayed again in March and had a better experience - a good sleep and a decent room. The standard of the hotel, however, is nothing more than average - at best. There are several hotels around the airport, and I will be trying one of those next time I stay. I'm sure this is not the level of hotel Hilton aim to achieve.

The restaurant was probably the biggest disappointment of my stay, but then again, what can one expect from an airport hotel? Overpriced, poor food along with inattentive and disappointing service. Breakfast was fine, but avoid eating dinner here if possible.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cjhall86
There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Airport

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Clean large comfortable rooms, excellent morning buffet breakfast, nice bar area with a decent selection of beers, fast wi-fi, and a short walk to train station and airport. The staff was great, and exceedingly helpful. Arriving at 6:00am after an overseas flight, they were able to accommodate a very very early check in. A+ to the Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel.

Room Tip: The twin queen bed room has a ton of space.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for submtiting your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback as it does enable potential guests to achieve an unbiased opinion of experiences here at the hotel.

It does sound as though all of your stay was just perfect for you and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in your room earlier - that's our "exceedingly helpful staff"!

Once again, many thanks for your comments and I do hope that you can be back with us soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Booked this quite far in advance, so got a good price on room, however no breakfast was included.

From the train station, a shuttle bus can be arranged from a phone at the exit. They also drop you off at the terminal for your flight.

A quick 15 minutes train journey from the centre, it is also a good base even if you fancy a night out before your flight (like I did).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest

It was lovely to read your review, and I am glad that you were able to book in advance and make use of our great offers.

Yes, we are very near not only the airport terminals, but opposite the train station too which takes you into City Centre Manchester very quickly. Our concierge driver will drop you off so that is simplicity itself!

It sounds as though you will be back when you can and we all look forward to that day.

My very best wishes to you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I stayed over the night before our honeymoon and we were greeted by a very friendly lady on reception - who made check in hassle free. Our room was a good size, clean bathroom and comfortable bed. We had a meal in the evening at the Masons and the food was excellent (go for the Mason's burger - yum!!). We used the transfer bus in the morning which was quick and reliable (same for our return journey too!) would definitely use this hotel again next time we have an early start from the airport :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a wonderful, positive and affirming review. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate our very loyal guests letting us know that we are getting it right!

It feels as though every part of your stay was just perfect for you and yes, those Mason's burgers really are great!

I am sure that you will be back with us again soon to enjoy another relaxing and well earned start to your holiday, without all the stresses and strains of travelling the same day as your flight, especially if it is early morning.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Late review from my side.
We had the hotel for a night as we do not want to drive all the way from derby for an early flight. Very basic, no free wifi, and the bathroom looks old. They need to do a bit of renovation, i reckon. The shower wasnt working when we check so i have to call the front desk to send someone to fix.
Also, i had noticed , when you complain you'll get an upgrade when you check in as a nice guest no one cares. Heard two couples ranting about a bed is not king bed and they requested a kng bed but put to a queen bed, and another one that the room is far from the lift ( well our room was on the top end corner room) and was given an upgrade. When hubby said something to to front desk that 'oh so if guest complained on such thing they get upgraded"? The lady on the front desk just giggled! Well not happy but atleast we were only there for a night.

Room Tip: Ok for one night before flying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadeMaldives
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor and I am sorry that your stay was marred by issues with your room.

It is especially hard to comment about other guests' reactions, however, there would appear to be a communication error as we do not have King beds. If our guests' are not happy for whatever reason then we always try to reach out there and then to make it right. From our perspective, how we handle the complaint is vital, and if there is a genuine case to be heard then we will always try to make amends.

I am sorry that my colleague appeared "flippant" about this, I am sure that the intention was not to offend and I will ensure that the appropriate head of department can augment further training.

Thank you for bringing your view to my attention, we truly value all feedback and use it as valuable training opportunities.

I do hope that you will be back with us one day and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions and have until this stay been pretty disappointed with the service. This time the service was outstanding from check-in to check-out. I felt like a valued customer.

The rooms are still a bit on the older side and if these would be refurbished, this would truly be a stellar hotel.

I hope they keep up the good work and don't revert back to their old behavior.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad that you have noticed the positive work that has been on-going for quite a long time now.

It is always our intention to make our guests feel like a valued customer and it is very warming to read that this is exactly how you felt.

It sounds as though you are one of our loyal customers and I have no doubt that we will be having you back with us again soon, so thank you for your loyalty and, if you are not already a member of our no cost fantastic offers Hhonors Club then please do join, details are to be found on our website.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Sadly we stayed the night before a early flight .the check in was fast and friendly staff however once in the room we thought it was really nice on the surface till we had to go and ask for more milk for morning .the beds were massive for single beds but it was a good job as one of the beds was really squeaky and you could feel the springs through it so we had to share the other one so we finished up not getting the relaxing night we had hoped for .the drinks and food were really expensive so we walked over to the airport instead to eat .one glass of wine and a beer 9.90 in hotel bar

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sima46

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor and I am sorry that you have had cause to complain. I do not know what issues were brought to our attention at the time as we truly do wish to make it right for our guests there and then so that, not only do they enjoy their stay, but leave with good memories.

I have requested that our head housekeeper checks the bed to see what needs to be done and if a guest does not have enough toiletries or milk then we can always provide more by request.

We do have regular "specials" in our bar and restaurant area so please ask at reception about these when you check-in so that you know what our best deals are.

I do hope that you will decide to come back and stay with us again soon dear guest and would thank you once again for your feedback.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.