“Relaxing stopover”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Used the Hilton once again for one night stop over & a weeks parking

Everything was so relaxing all staff were very pleasant and courteous as they are every time we have stayed

Our evening meal was superb (bit pricey) but excellently prepared and presented to us well done chef

We used the courtesy bus to travel to the airport and back the drivers are very polite & helpful nothing is any trouble to them

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for submtting your lovely review of us here at the Hilton Manchester Airport - it is always appreciated when we receive such positive feedback.

I shall ensure that Chef receives your thanks and praise and it sounds as though all of my colleagues here displayed the true Hilton qualities of being helfpul, pleasant and courteous.

We all look forward to having you back here as our guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent relaxing start to our holiday. We booked a queen guest plus room and were given a ground floor room near to reception which was perfect for us. Breakfast was included in the price and was great although we never eat much before flying.
Enjoyed a couple of cocktails in the bar as well, will stay again if we get it for the right price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience whilst with us before your holiday flight. It does sound as though you truly enjoyed your stay with us, made all the better by those cocktails!

Yes, we have some fantastic deals on offer so please do keep looking and book early to avoid disappointment.

It is a shame that you could not make the most of our sumptious breakfast, it is said to be "the best in the business" but perhaps next time you will have more time to digest before your flight!

I do hope that you will be back with us again, it certainly sounds as though you will and so until then I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love the Hilton Brand and have stayed at their properties for 20 years or so. Sadly , this one is not one of the better ones. No working Fridge in room and no Ice machine in the entire hotel. Free Internet was only available in the Lobby area only and was not a good signal. I was allocated a Handicapped room , no idea why, it was impossible to have a shower. Bar and restaurant prices were very high for what was being offered.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We have responded personally to you with regards to the issues you encountered and that your booking did reflect a request for an accessible room.

I shall not go into further detail here as we have responded privately and do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Room better equipped and more economical that the Radisson, but restaurant really disappointing. Pricey, little choice and not up to Hilton standards. Doubt we will dine in house again!
Transport to terminals ok but no way swift. 6AM check in appears to be popular.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and I was sorry to read that there were some aspects of your stay that you enjoyed more than others.

It was good to see that you found us well equipped and economical, however, I was surprised by the comments about our Mason's Restaurant which, usually, receives great praise and enjoyment.

Apart from the Mason's Menu with steaks, fish, and homemade Aberdeen Angus burgers to name but a few, and our on show woodstone pizza oven, we do offer specials regularly. For example, this past week has seen two specials, roast chicken, feta, red onion, roast peppers and olive pizza or steak pizzailoa served with pesto mash and topped with parmesan. These specials are being changed fortnightly.

We can always send out to any guests beforehand a copy of our Mason's menu or current specials.

Our shuttle bus does go back and forth to the airport terminals and train station upon demand and, apart from busy peak times, can take 5/10 minutes of actual drive time. We do ask guests to kindly allow extra time if it is a popular time of day - reception will be able to advise of this.

I do hope that, upon reflection, you will decide to come back and stay with us again dear guest and, until that day, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

great shuttle service to and from the airport. The restaurant serves very delicious food and a great breakfast in the morning. Rooms are very clean and service is excellent. Definitely will stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very positive review and I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

It sounds as though your whole experience was excellent from start to finish and we all look forward to having you back here with us again soon.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel and the girl who checked us in was unhelpful and disinterested. No free wifi, 2 rooms booked and we were on different floors! I have 2 girls with learning difficulties and explained it was hard for me to take care of them on a different floor. The reply was it will cost you another £15! Her whole attitude was "couldn't care less" I should have taken her name and reported her, but I was tired and upset.
The burger was great as was all the food in the restaurant. The chap that took us to the airport was brilliant with the girls and got us off to a great start, what a shame about the receptionist!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am very sorry that you were met with such an unempathic response. I am actually surprised as our team on the front desk are usually very helpful and genuinely of a caring nature. However, I can appreciate that this was not your experience, would apologise to you wholeheartdly for upseting you and shall be taking this up with my Front Desk Manager as it is not acceptable here at the hotel.

I am glad that the situation was saved, to some extent by our driver, not to mention the burger, and that the end of your stay was far more positive.

I do hope that you will decide to come back and stay with us again and please do contact the hotel direct prior to arrival so that we can ensure that we have the correct room configuration for your needs.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at is hotel for a night in January and was very disappointed. I was woken in the middle of the night by the (faulty) AC unit in the room, whilst the shower offers no more than a mere trickle of luke warm water. My evening meal was equally poor. I sent a complaint to the hotel (along with a couple of videos from my iPhone) and was offered a free night with dinner and breakfast included. I thought this was a fair offer and was one that I accepted.

I stayed again in March and had a better experience - a good sleep and a decent room. The standard of the hotel, however, is nothing more than average - at best. There are several hotels around the airport, and I will be trying one of those next time I stay. I'm sure this is not the level of hotel Hilton aim to achieve.

The restaurant was probably the biggest disappointment of my stay, but then again, what can one expect from an airport hotel? Overpriced, poor food along with inattentive and disappointing service. Breakfast was fine, but avoid eating dinner here if possible.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo