“Large room / slightly foul smell / old seperate taps / good breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Manchester Airport

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #58 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Norway
“Large room / slightly foul smell / old seperate taps / good breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We got a large bedroom for three people, it was actually two double beds so plently of space for sleeping. There were signs of wear and tear some places in the room and the room had a slight unpleasent smell probably coming from the bathroom pipes.

The shower had very little pressure and the taps were of the old type - seperate for warm and cold.

The breakfast had a good variety and they had a barista machine for making "Costa" coffee free of charge. It was also possible to get omelettes, fried and scrambled eggs on demand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review onto TripAdvisor as we truly appreciate all feedback.

I have requested that our Chief Engineer checks for any pipe odour and that all shower pressures are up to the usual standard. I am sorry if these issues spoilt your stay in any way dear guest, but am so pleased to read that you had plenty of space in your bedroom.

I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast, yes, we have an "egg" chef to cook from fresh your egg requirements!

I do hope that you can be back with us soon, either before your holiday or for a well earned break with city centre Manchester only being 20 minutes away.

Warm regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I would not pick this hotel as my first choice again with so much choice on the airport based on the service I have just received. I had booked one night in a queen room which I was told I had been allocated and I was duly given the information about breakfast. I reached the room it was twin beds which for a six foot tall guy wasn't great, when I spoke to front desk I was greeted with a frosty attitude that informed me my 'profile' was empty and I needed to provide proof. For a frequent traveller I don't carry every booking confirmation, naturally alarmed I tried to obtain the confirmation from my emails, but with rubbish GPRS and the Hilton wanting a shocking £15 for wifi I struggled but was reluctantly moved. When I originally checked in and went to the 2nd floor the corridors were littered with food trays, glasses and hoovers, wasn't bothered as it was 1700 and thought poor housekeeping must be busy - but nope the fourth floor was in the same shabby state, The next day when I went for breakfast I was told nothing was down for me, so I went to the same lady who moved me the previous night and she told me it wasn't included and said I shouldn't expect it for the rate I have paid. My serious gripe is that my room rate is not something for the front desk to comment on and that she wasn't interested in answering why I was being treated on this stay.

With so much choice on the airport - I will be unlikely to have the Hilton as my first choice again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin86
Kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Used the Hilton once again for one night stop over & a weeks parking

Everything was so relaxing all staff were very pleasant and courteous as they are every time we have stayed

Our evening meal was superb (bit pricey) but excellently prepared and presented to us well done chef

We used the courtesy bus to travel to the airport and back the drivers are very polite & helpful nothing is any trouble to them

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for submtting your lovely review of us here at the Hilton Manchester Airport - it is always appreciated when we receive such positive feedback.

I shall ensure that Chef receives your thanks and praise and it sounds as though all of my colleagues here displayed the true Hilton qualities of being helfpul, pleasant and courteous.

We all look forward to having you back here as our guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent relaxing start to our holiday. We booked a queen guest plus room and were given a ground floor room near to reception which was perfect for us. Breakfast was included in the price and was great although we never eat much before flying.
Enjoyed a couple of cocktails in the bar as well, will stay again if we get it for the right price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience whilst with us before your holiday flight. It does sound as though you truly enjoyed your stay with us, made all the better by those cocktails!

Yes, we have some fantastic deals on offer so please do keep looking and book early to avoid disappointment.

It is a shame that you could not make the most of our sumptious breakfast, it is said to be "the best in the business" but perhaps next time you will have more time to digest before your flight!

I do hope that you will be back with us again, it certainly sounds as though you will and so until then I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Ponce Inlet
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love the Hilton Brand and have stayed at their properties for 20 years or so. Sadly , this one is not one of the better ones. No working Fridge in room and no Ice machine in the entire hotel. Free Internet was only available in the Lobby area only and was not a good signal. I was allocated a Handicapped room , no idea why, it was impossible to have a shower. Bar and restaurant prices were very high for what was being offered.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We have responded personally to you with regards to the issues you encountered and that your booking did reflect a request for an accessible room.

I shall not go into further detail here as we have responded privately and do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many kind regards
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Room better equipped and more economical that the Radisson, but restaurant really disappointing. Pricey, little choice and not up to Hilton standards. Doubt we will dine in house again!
Transport to terminals ok but no way swift. 6AM check in appears to be popular.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and I was sorry to read that there were some aspects of your stay that you enjoyed more than others.

It was good to see that you found us well equipped and economical, however, I was surprised by the comments about our Mason's Restaurant which, usually, receives great praise and enjoyment.

Apart from the Mason's Menu with steaks, fish, and homemade Aberdeen Angus burgers to name but a few, and our on show woodstone pizza oven, we do offer specials regularly. For example, this past week has seen two specials, roast chicken, feta, red onion, roast peppers and olive pizza or steak pizzailoa served with pesto mash and topped with parmesan. These specials are being changed fortnightly.

We can always send out to any guests beforehand a copy of our Mason's menu or current specials.

Our shuttle bus does go back and forth to the airport terminals and train station upon demand and, apart from busy peak times, can take 5/10 minutes of actual drive time. We do ask guests to kindly allow extra time if it is a popular time of day - reception will be able to advise of this.

I do hope that, upon reflection, you will decide to come back and stay with us again dear guest and, until that day, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

great shuttle service to and from the airport. The restaurant serves very delicious food and a great breakfast in the morning. Rooms are very clean and service is excellent. Definitely will stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very positive review and I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

It sounds as though your whole experience was excellent from start to finish and we all look forward to having you back here with us again soon.

Many kind regards
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!