“Fit for purpose”

Ranked #59 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Scotland
“Fit for purpose”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

When you book Hilton you know what you are going to get. We had a room with two Queen beds: mattresses were firm, but that's my preference anyway; pillows a bit on the small side. All the usual amenities with tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, fridge (with no contents!), bottles of water, reasonable bathroom with shower over the bath. It was clean and well furnished. Minimal natural light from quite a small window but plus side was no aircraft noise at all. So peaceful night sleep. Breakfast was a bit of a let down. Had to ask for tea/coffee as no one came to the table. Buffet was OK but nothing to write much about. What was noteworthy was Howard on the Concierge Desk. We asked about going to the railway station in the evening as we wanted to pop into Manchester for dinner. There are road works, and it's really easy at the moment to cross the dual carriageway, use the temporary hole in the wall and cross to the station. However he immediately jumped into the courtesy bus and gave us a lift and explained all about how to return. Very friendly and obliging.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade on the website
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your email and I would say how lovely it was to give your praise to Howard, one of our concierge drivers.

I shall certainly pass your kind words on and I know that he will be absolutely delighted.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would send you my very best wishes.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Padanaram Forfar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Hilton Manchester Airport before flying out to Barbados and have to say it was really great stay, no aircraft sounds at all, good size room which was up to the normal Hilton standard, the resturant/bar meals were good and the buffet breakfast was really substantial, much better than the last Hilton establishment I stayed in, the staff were brilliant, really helpful and very friendly, well done everyone! Would definitely visit again if leaving from Manchester!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff for their advice if your concerned, we didn't ask, but were totally satisfied...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I phoned the hotel once I arrived at the train station and a few minutes later they arrived to pick me up, great service. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was lovely, however the bathroom needs updating. Breakfast was good quality, range of foods and beverages. Overall I had a good stay and would happily stay here again if I have business in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Arras, France
Reviewed 9 April 2014

190£ a night for a room clean and comfortable, but small, with bathroom well below average. And the restaurant was so expensive, with little portion. I had to pay extra for a piece of bread !
Not even talking about the espresso, brought by the waitress well before the desert came. And as I complained she put the cup in the microwave : afterwards the cup was so hot I could not even hold it.
Just get away !!!

2 Thank Claurnaud
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great shuttle pick up, lovely driver. Very welcoming receptionist. Room was also great, with all facilities as expexted. Breakfast served from 4.30am so able to grab something before early flight. No faults!

• Stayed April 2014
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your short but very sweet review of us here at the aiport. Your kind comments about our driver will be passed on, likewise about our receptionist. It is so lovely when our guests take the time to say how much they enjoyed our service here.

Yes, our continental breakfast commences at 0430 hours with full English an hour later so even those dreaded early morning flights do not seem quite so bad with a good delicious breakfast starting the day!

I am sure that you will be back again to enjoy yourselves, albeit briefly and, until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards
Norway
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We got a large bedroom for three people, it was actually two double beds so plently of space for sleeping. There were signs of wear and tear some places in the room and the room had a slight unpleasent smell probably coming from the bathroom pipes.

The shower had very little pressure and the taps were of the old type - seperate for warm and cold.

The breakfast had a good variety and they had a barista machine for making "Costa" coffee free of charge. It was also possible to get omelettes, fried and scrambled eggs on demand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review onto TripAdvisor as we truly appreciate all feedback.

I have requested that our Chief Engineer checks for any pipe odour and that all shower pressures are up to the usual standard. I am sorry if these issues spoilt your stay in any way dear guest, but am so pleased to read that you had plenty of space in your bedroom.

I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast, yes, we have an "egg" chef to cook from fresh your egg requirements!

I do hope that you can be back with us soon, either before your holiday or for a well earned break with city centre Manchester only being 20 minutes away.

Warm regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I would not pick this hotel as my first choice again with so much choice on the airport based on the service I have just received. I had booked one night in a queen room which I was told I had been allocated and I was duly given the information about breakfast. I reached the room it was twin beds which for a six foot tall guy wasn't great, when I spoke to front desk I was greeted with a frosty attitude that informed me my 'profile' was empty and I needed to provide proof. For a frequent traveller I don't carry every booking confirmation, naturally alarmed I tried to obtain the confirmation from my emails, but with rubbish GPRS and the Hilton wanting a shocking £15 for wifi I struggled but was reluctantly moved. When I originally checked in and went to the 2nd floor the corridors were littered with food trays, glasses and hoovers, wasn't bothered as it was 1700 and thought poor housekeeping must be busy - but nope the fourth floor was in the same shabby state, The next day when I went for breakfast I was told nothing was down for me, so I went to the same lady who moved me the previous night and she told me it wasn't included and said I shouldn't expect it for the rate I have paid. My serious gripe is that my room rate is not something for the front desk to comment on and that she wasn't interested in answering why I was being treated on this stay.

With so much choice on the airport - I will be unlikely to have the Hilton as my first choice again.

1 Thank Benjamin86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!