Hilton Manchester Airport
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotels.com
US$96
  • Free Internet
3,332 results
All reviewsmanchester airportpark and flyan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlecourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingfamily roomone night stayan overnight staygood nights sleepnight's sleepminibuskeyspounds
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was the best Hilton experience I have had in the UK and it was all down to the staff. I generally find Hilton hotels to be very average overall; what made this one stand out was the staff - the attitude, friendly welcome and sincere smiling service were outstanding, from the shuttle bus driver, through the great welcome at reception and the service in the bar. Good room, good value. Hilton, please copy the staff here and replicate in all your properties!

Room Tip: Worth an upgrade.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a positive and heart warming review of the hotel here at Manchester Airport.

It sounds as though you encountered the true Manchester hospitality from start to finish and I am so glad that this made your stay for you.

Yes, we have a great team here at the hotel and thank you once again for recognising those qualities. I shall certainly let the team know your feedback and can say that they will be most appreciative.

I do hope that you can be back with us here again soon dear guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed overnight to avoid a morning rush hour drive along the M62. Check in was efficient and friendly and we were able to upgrade our room to a junior suite for £15. So far so good. The room was fine, clean enough, but a bit "average". We had a drink in the bar and then ate in the restaurant which was a bit clinical and lacking in atmosphere, and we had to ask to change table having been put right at the entrance although the restaurant was pretty empty.

Starters were fine, but there was then a long and unacceptable wait for the main course. My wife had a rib eye steak, which she said was full of fat, and I had a special burger which was chewy and overcooked. Coffee was complimentary to compensate for the wait.

Back at the room we turned on the air con as it was very warm, The air con was extremely noisy and after several minutes we realised that it was making no difference to the room temperature. As it was getting late there seemed little point waiting for maintenance to come or moving room, so we gave up and switched it off, which resulted in a too warm and uncomfortable night.

We had room service breakfast to speed up getting across to the airport. The sliced melon we ordered was possible the hardest most unripe melon I have ever had, and the toast was barely done. At check out we mentioned the non working air con, and our overnight parking fee was waived to compensate.

Overall this was not a pleasant experience and not "Hilton" standard. There a number of hotels on the airport site, and we would not stay here again in similar circumstances.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WYTravellers
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I am very sorry to read that your stay was marred on more than one level.

It does sound as though my colleagues did try to make amends at the time but also that this did not really cut to the heart of what the problem was. It is always very hard to find out what the exact circumstances were after the event but I can tell how disappointed you were and am truly sorry that your main meal was a let down for you.

I know that our maintenance team will be checking this room for fault so that our guests do not encounter the same issue and am sorry that you were too warm.

I have let our Chef know about the melon and toast and it is such a shame that your breakfast was spoilt. I am glad that your car parking charge was waived but do know that you still are not happy and I can understand this.

If you would kindly let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall personally oversee your booking to ensure a smooth and enjoyable stay. Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Manchester Airport prior to flying out the following day. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was very good but expensive. The hotel was perfectly situated and the shuttle which took about 3 mins was very good and the drivers were friendly and helpful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed every part of your stay with us.

Yes, we have lovely friendly and helpful staff and are located right next door to the terminals and train station so if you are flying out the next day we are perfect - especially if it's an early morning flight!

Our Mason's Restaurant is very popular and I am glad that you experienced the food as "very good". We do in fact offer a fantastic 3 courses for £22.50 from the main Mason's menu so please do ask about this upon arrival at check-in.

I do hope that you went on to have a lovely holiday and that you will be back with us again soon. Until then, may I assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

When you book Hilton you know what you are going to get. We had a room with two Queen beds: mattresses were firm, but that's my preference anyway; pillows a bit on the small side. All the usual amenities with tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, fridge (with no contents!), bottles of water, reasonable bathroom with shower over the bath. It was clean and well furnished. Minimal natural light from quite a small window but plus side was no aircraft noise at all. So peaceful night sleep. Breakfast was a bit of a let down. Had to ask for tea/coffee as no one came to the table. Buffet was OK but nothing to write much about. What was noteworthy was Howard on the Concierge Desk. We asked about going to the railway station in the evening as we wanted to pop into Manchester for dinner. There are road works, and it's really easy at the moment to cross the dual carriageway, use the temporary hole in the wall and cross to the station. However he immediately jumped into the courtesy bus and gave us a lift and explained all about how to return. Very friendly and obliging.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade on the website
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your email and I would say how lovely it was to give your praise to Howard, one of our concierge drivers.

I shall certainly pass your kind words on and I know that he will be absolutely delighted.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would send you my very best wishes.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Hilton Manchester Airport before flying out to Barbados and have to say it was really great stay, no aircraft sounds at all, good size room which was up to the normal Hilton standard, the resturant/bar meals were good and the buffet breakfast was really substantial, much better than the last Hilton establishment I stayed in, the staff were brilliant, really helpful and very friendly, well done everyone! Would definitely visit again if leaving from Manchester!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff for their advice if your concerned, we didn't ask, but were totally satisfied with the room we were allocated, we had no noise and a great sleep!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple