“Hilton Manchester airport”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is THE place to stay when you have a flight to catch. Staff are always extremely polite and efficient and you are always made to feel welcome. My wife and I always use this hotel when flying from Manchester. Its so convenient and the shuttle bus service takes the hassle out of getting to the termianal buildings. Try the fly - drive package for peace of mind when leaving your car whilst away - never had a problem and the car is always there when you get back. Often we book both the night before we fly and the night we fly back. Food is good although a somewhat limited choice for dinner. Breakfast is excellent and the staff always have time for a chat. We have never been disappointed. We will certainly continue to use this hotel. The experience here prompted us to use other Hilton hotels when flying from other airports and we find the same level of service and committment to customer care at all of them..

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Allan M
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely positive glowing review. I cannot tell you how much not only myself but the whole team truly appreciate receiving feedback.

Your words reflect the true Hilton spirit of "customer care" and levels of service and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, becoming a loyal regular with us and other HIltons.

I was quite surprised to read that you found the evening menu "limited" as we do have quite a substantial choice in our Mason's Restaurant. We offer steaks, fish, different pastas, an array of fresh pizzas made on our show oven, homemade Aberdeen Angus beefburgers, lamb dishes, pork dishes, vegetarian dishes and also offer specials which change every fortnight. If there is something that you would like to see on our menu which is not currently there then please let us know!

We all look forward to having you back here with us dear guests and send you our very best wishes.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Arrived very late in Manchester airport, we had to wait very long for the shuttle! But we appreciated this hotel with its large rooms. It is also ideally situated for the train to Manchester. Friendly staff. Very good breakfast. The only minus: no free WiFi in the bedroom.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael L

Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting a review onto TripAdvisor, we always truly value each and every comment made.

I am sorry that you had a bit of a wait at the airport for our shuttle bus, I am afraid I cannot give you a definitive answer as I do not have all of the details, however, I shall pass this onto our Front Desk Manager to ensure swiftness of collection at all times. It may have been that the roadworks at the airport itself delayed our vehicle, nonetheless, I would apologise for this impacting upon you.

I am very glad that you went on to enjoy your 2 day stay with us very much, yes, we are opposite the train station so that is a very easy way of getting around from here with city centre Manchester being only 20 minutes away.

Our staff are lovely and friendly with many of our team having been here quite a while. They know how much our breakfasts are appreciated, they really are the "best in the business".

I do hope that you will be back with us before long, whether for getting into Manchester fast and easily, or before your next holiday. Until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the 2nd time in a few months last week prior to flying to Egypt. I placed feedback on my last visit and was advised to contact guest relations who would see my next visit would be improved. This didn't happen. After I emailed them and won't be visiting here again. It was like rubbing salt into a wound.

I'm a hilton honors member and requested an upgrade for my room, there were rooms available but I was allocated an upgrade I had the standard room, the hotel is quite dated now the standard rooms are value for money. I was again bitterly disappointed with this hotel.

The best thing about it is a European blonde hair receptionist she is very polite and the best thing about the hotel.

Again a very disappointed hilton guest.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for thereview of your recent stay and I am very sorry that you were disappointed and have now had cause to complain. I do not know if your issue was brought to our attention at the time as we always wish to reach out to our guests, and especially if they are a member of our loyal Hhonors club, so that you leave feeling valued and cared for as opposed to let down and negative.

I cannot really make the wrong right now through this medium but if you let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall personally oversee the booking for you to ensure a smooth and enjoyable stay.

Once again, I would apologise to you for a flawed experience, however, I cannot really comment any further as I do not have enough information supplied to investigate this and report back.

I do hope that, in hindsight, you will be back soon and would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Pleasant staff in general at reception. Lift continually a problem as the 1st floor button would regularly not work. Reported to reception and told that they were aware it sticks and sometimes you have to just keep pressing it. Not really the attitude I would expect, why don't they just get an engineer in to fix it properly.
One waitress in restaurant pushy to get our order one evening. When we had decided what we wanted, spoke to here as she passed, but was ignored. Then spoke again and she replied without making any eye contact, 'yes I heard, I will be there in a minute". Very unprofessional.
Price in the bar very expensive for drinks.... £3.60 for a small bottle of coca cola. Much cheaper to go elsewhere.
Stayed for three weeks on business. Generally clean and tidy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing us to stay with for 3 weeks and it does sound as though, in the main, you did enjoy your time with us.

I am sorry about the issue with the lift button. It had been reported to our lift engineers and, being an outside company, they were scheduled to come. However, this process did not happen immediately but they were on-site as fast as we could arrange. Nevertheless, this obviously impacted negatively on your stay and I would apologise for that.

I have passed on your feedback about one of my colleagues in the restaurant.and am very sorry that the attitude was certainly not reflecting our usual high Hilton service levels. I am presuming that this was a one-off and not repeated throughout your stay.

Once again, thank you for being a loyal customer and staying with us for 3 weeks and I do hope that your journey brings you back to us soon, whether through work or play. Until then, my best attention to you at all times.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife, 2 sons, and I stayed there twice recently, and we would stay again. very convenient to the airport and car rental facility. Room was a good size family room, which was perfect for the four of us. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: they have a couple of large family rooms...they cost more, but it was super for the four of us; you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steve h

Dear Guest

Thank you very nuch for your review and it is always so pleasing to read that our guests truly enjoyed their stay.

It does sound as though you had a good time with us from start to finish and I am glad that you are now becoming a regular. Don't forget, you can join the Hilton Honors Members Club which does not cost a penny and adds up to some lovely benefits when staying. Details can be found on our hilton.com website or ask upon check-in.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon for another great stay and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stay in the Hilton every time we travel - we have a lot of respect for the Brand and stay both here in Uk and abroad. We have had various niggly issues over the years about the room and they are always addressed swiftly and solve the problem. Unfortunately service in the bar for drinks and food is always an issue and, despite lengthy discussions with staff, including management, nothing seems to improve. Food is always cold, no matter what you order, something is always missing from the order, we always have to wait at least 20 minutes as waiters serve behind the bar. I have just waited 20 minutes for my oriental pork with noodles and vegetables only to be served an expensive Pot Noodle!! Not a vegetable in sight!! Now my husband eats alone while I order something else- 3rd time in a row this has happened. I will then eat alone. Someone really needs to get a grip here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was the best Hilton experience I have had in the UK and it was all down to the staff. I generally find Hilton hotels to be very average overall; what made this one stand out was the staff - the attitude, friendly welcome and sincere smiling service were outstanding, from the shuttle bus driver, through the great welcome at reception and the service in the bar. Good room, good value. Hilton, please copy the staff here and replicate in all your properties!

Room Tip: Worth an upgrade.
1  Thank Michael P
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a positive and heart warming review of the hotel here at Manchester Airport.

It sounds as though you encountered the true Manchester hospitality from start to finish and I am so glad that this made your stay for you.

Yes, we have a great team here at the hotel and thank you once again for recognising those qualities. I shall certainly let the team know your feedback and can say that they will be most appreciative.

I do hope that you can be back with us here again soon dear guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.