“Very Good Hotel for short stops”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very Good Hotel for short stops”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

As I mentioned in the title is a very good hotel if you intend to stay a few days. Due to the business requirements I had to extend the stay up to 2 weeks. It become a bit annoying after a such long period. The location is excellent, near to the airport. You can reach it by foot. If don't have high expectations, the restaurant is quite good. Sometime they propose very interesting dishes. The personnel of the hotel and restaurant are very friendly and helpful. They are striving to provide a very good service. A very warm atmosphere. I will strongly recommended it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and especially since you stayed with us for two weeks when it was only meant to be two days!

It sounds as though you did, on the whole, enjoy your time with us. Yes, we do have some lovely staff here who cannot do enough for you and I am glad that this, and our "warm atmosphere", shone through.

I hope that you do come back and stay with us again one day at which point we can, once again, offer you our "very good service".

Until then, dear guest, my best wishes to you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location when flying from Manchester airport, it is practically on the doorstep of terminal 1 and there is a free shuttle service provided by the hotel to the airport. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quite spacious. The staff at this hotel are very helpful and polite. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel to stay at when having to catch a flight from Manchester airport.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms may be available upon request
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on this Trip Advisor site. It does sound as though you truly enjoyed your stay with us, and yes, we really are very close to the terminal buildings!

Most guests comment on how lovely, helpful and friendly our staff are and I am glad that you were part of that experience too.

Our complimentary shuttle bus runs 24 hours to and from the terminal buildings and also the railway station even though we are only a stone's throw away - we carry the luggage!

I do hope that you will be back with us soon and thank you once again for your very positive review .

Farum, Denmark
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nighte for business in Manchster. Close to airport. Average hotel with small fitness room. Good restaurant anf bar area. The hotel could need spme fresh paint. The staff a little overworked with travellers commong in 24hours

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of us here in Manchester. I am glad that you enjoyed our Mason's Restaurant and bar area, we are very popular and a great place to eat and drink.

I have let our Head Maintenance Engineer know your comments and I am sure he will be looking around with paint brush in hand!

We all look forward to your next visit and would assure you of our best attention at all times.

lancs
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed for just one night prior to early flight, booked 15 day car parking as well,

nice comfortable room, although very very surprised with amount of dust on the arm of the sofa, obviously not been dusted for months.

Travelled with my family so had booked three rooms one room not ready which really surprised us as we only arrived at 7pm, and with three small children. Good job we didn't arrive at 3pm.

We suspect the room had been sold for a day use by another guest.

Excellent transfer to and from airport, very efficient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and I am very pleased to read that you did enjoy your room and complimentary transfers to the airport.

I have fed back your comment about the dust to our Head Housekeeper whom I know will take this seriously and double check the bedrooms. I am sorry that this happened in the first place, it certainly is not in keeping with our usual high standards in that department.

I do hope that you will be back with us again before long dear guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is THE place to stay when you have a flight to catch. Staff are always extremely polite and efficient and you are always made to feel welcome. My wife and I always use this hotel when flying from Manchester. Its so convenient and the shuttle bus service takes the hassle out of getting to the termianal buildings. Try the fly - drive package for peace of mind when leaving your car whilst away - never had a problem and the car is always there when you get back. Often we book both the night before we fly and the night we fly back. Food is good although a somewhat limited choice for dinner. Breakfast is excellent and the staff always have time for a chat. We have never been disappointed. We will certainly continue to use this hotel. The experience here prompted us to use other Hilton hotels when flying from other airports and we find the same level of service and committment to customer care at all of them..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Allan M
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely positive glowing review. I cannot tell you how much not only myself but the whole team truly appreciate receiving feedback.

Your words reflect the true Hilton spirit of "customer care" and levels of service and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, becoming a loyal regular with us and other HIltons.

I was quite surprised to read that you found the evening menu "limited" as we do have quite a substantial choice in our Mason's Restaurant. We offer steaks, fish, different pastas, an array of fresh pizzas made on our show oven, homemade Aberdeen Angus beefburgers, lamb dishes, pork dishes, vegetarian dishes and also offer specials which change every fortnight. If there is something that you would like to see on our menu which is not currently there then please let us know!

We all look forward to having you back here with us dear guests and send you our very best wishes.

Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Arrived very late in Manchester airport, we had to wait very long for the shuttle! But we appreciated this hotel with its large rooms. It is also ideally situated for the train to Manchester. Friendly staff. Very good breakfast. The only minus: no free WiFi in the bedroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael L
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting a review onto TripAdvisor, we always truly value each and every comment made.

I am sorry that you had a bit of a wait at the airport for our shuttle bus, I am afraid I cannot give you a definitive answer as I do not have all of the details, however, I shall pass this onto our Front Desk Manager to ensure swiftness of collection at all times. It may have been that the roadworks at the airport itself delayed our vehicle, nonetheless, I would apologise for this impacting upon you.

I am very glad that you went on to enjoy your 2 day stay with us very much, yes, we are opposite the train station so that is a very easy way of getting around from here with city centre Manchester being only 20 minutes away.

Our staff are lovely and friendly with many of our team having been here quite a while. They know how much our breakfasts are appreciated, they really are the "best in the business".

I do hope that you will be back with us before long, whether for getting into Manchester fast and easily, or before your next holiday. Until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Warm regards
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the 2nd time in a few months last week prior to flying to Egypt. I placed feedback on my last visit and was advised to contact guest relations who would see my next visit would be improved. This didn't happen. After I emailed them and won't be visiting here again. It was like rubbing salt into a wound.

I'm a hilton honors member and requested an upgrade for my room, there were rooms available but I was allocated an upgrade I had the standard room, the hotel is quite dated now the standard rooms are value for money. I was again bitterly disappointed with this hotel.

The best thing about it is a European blonde hair receptionist she is very polite and the best thing about the hotel.

Again a very disappointed hilton guest.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for thereview of your recent stay and I am very sorry that you were disappointed and have now had cause to complain. I do not know if your issue was brought to our attention at the time as we always wish to reach out to our guests, and especially if they are a member of our loyal Hhonors club, so that you leave feeling valued and cared for as opposed to let down and negative.

I cannot really make the wrong right now through this medium but if you let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall personally oversee the booking for you to ensure a smooth and enjoyable stay.

Once again, I would apologise to you for a flawed experience, however, I cannot really comment any further as I do not have enough information supplied to investigate this and report back.

I do hope that, in hindsight, you will be back soon and would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!