“Good standard hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #58 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
“Good standard hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

As with most hiltons this hotel was of a very good standard. The room
Was clean, spacious with a comfortable bed. Public areas were good and food in the bar was good quality if a little over priced, but expected at an airport hotel. Wifi was patchy but free with certain providers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review, we truly appreciate all feedback that comes back to us as a measure of how we are performing.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and, yes, the Hilton brand is good and I am very pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant as well as your bedroom.

It sounds from your words that you are a regular Hilton visitor so, until the next time, my very best wishes to you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed 1 night before early flight to Mexico to break journey after 3 hour train travel.
Good room good restaurant and bar and breakfast. Shuttle to terminal every 15 minutes. Would use again.
Can't see any faults for anyone to moan about

Room Tip: All rooms good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubydogUk
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your short but very positive review. From start to end your experience sounds excellent and we are all very glad that we made that happen for you.

I hope you went on to have a fantastic holiday in Mexico and that you will be back with us again very soon.

Until then, my very best wishes to you.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a lovely surprise it was staying at the Hilton at Manchester Airport. We asked for extra milk for tea in the room, within five minutes the milk arrived, went into the Bar to eat the food was lovely value for money and if you like big portions you will love this place. At bed time we discovered the hotel has feather quilts and pillows, a problem for us as my partner has an allergy to feathers, we went to reception and explained the problem, again in no time at all the bedding was changed for us. We also used the mini bus to the airport. A very big thank you to the Staff, we shall definitely stay there again. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

How lovely to read your review of us here at Hilton Manchester Airport and I am so pleased that you enjoyed every part of your stay.

We are here to help with any request and do not forget that you can pre-arrange non-feather bedding if you have any allergies. Our brand standard is feather for both pillows and duvets but we do carry a good stock of alternatives. We do appreciate prior knowledge as this means your stay is smooth but please do let us know at any time if there is anything that we can help with.

Yes, our Mason's Restaurant receives much praise and Chef prides himself on his work so I am glad that you enjoyed the experience, alongside the complimentary shuttle bus service to the terminal.

It does sound as though you will be back with us soon dear guest and we all look forward to your next stay.

Many kind regards
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I'm staying here on business and I'm a Hilton Honours member. We were picked up from the airport by the courtesy shuttle bus which was excellent. Check in very good friendly staff, room was ok quite spacious and clean bathroom.
The bed a little uncomfortable these mattresses could do with a thick topper you can feel the springs coming through!
All seemed fine until I could hear the maid clearing out some rooms at 22.50hrs at night making noise where the plates and cutlery were banging against one another, I don't feel this is acceptable on a weekday night at this time when some of us are sleeping as need to be up early for work!
This is my only complaint to be honest everything else seems ok!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall good review of us here and also thank you for being one of our loyal Hhonors members.

I shall certainly pass on your comments to our Head Housekeeper about the topper and also about the noise outside. I can certainly empathise with your sentiments about being awoken and shall ensure that we arrange a far more quiet collection of corridor trays. My sincere apologies to you for the noise.

I shall pass on your lovely comments about our front office staff and their check-in service and know that they will be delighted.

We all look forward to your next stay and would assure you of our best attention at all times.

dunbar east lothian scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions, we are Hilton Gold honors members booked and paid for executive king smoking room some time ago.

We were allocated room 534...twin beds, lamp above one bed not positioned correctly, you hit your head off it when sitting up in bed. Bed felt as if springs were coming through. Bathroom, bath had black tide mark, poor tea coffee sugar supplies...shower did not spray into bath, sprayed out on to floor area. Even the towels and bedding felt grubby.

I know smoking rooms are never the best but is room appears to be forgotten about totally, on checking out we told reception but for us. Waste of paying for executive king and poor apology received.

On checking in we were not even advised it was a twin and a downgraded room.
We are very disappointed and very much doubt we will use this hotel again...it has very much gone down hill in our estimation

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pncwils
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and I am so sorry that you have had cause to complain. Reading your words, I can feel how disappointed, annoyed and upset you must have felt and can empathise with those sentiments, especially as you are one of our loyal Gold HH members.

We actually only have a handful of smoking rooms which are taken up very fast. I have passed on your comments to both our Head Housekeeper and our Head Engineer who have taken on board your feedback and will most certainly act upon it.

Once again, I am very sorry that your stay was marred and would ask that the next time you are coming to stay that you contact my PA, Sue.Harman@hilton.com, so that she can personally oversee the booking for you. You are important to us and I do not wish you to retain a lasting negative impression when we do strive hard to achieve and maintain high standards here at the Hilton Manchester Airport.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is minutes from Terminals, you can actually walk from the hotel in the evening if you need any supplies, they have a gregg's, boot's & spar in terminal 1, the food at the hotel restaurant is lovely, a little pricey but very good quality & the rooms are clean & spacious, the hotel also run a shuttle bus every 10-15 mins which is free, will def return. There is no swimming pool anymore at this hotel....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very nice review of us here at Hilton Manchester Airport. It sounds as though you truly enjoyed your stay and I am glad that you appreciated our rooms, lovely Mason's Restaurant and complimenary shuttle bus. Yes, we truly are in walking distance of the terminals and yet when inside here, you would never know!

We do have a Livingwell Express gym on our ground floor, just in case you fancy a pre-holiday boost before the beach!

I do hope that you will be back with us soon dear guest and until then would send you my very best wishes.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

As I mentioned in the title is a very good hotel if you intend to stay a few days. Due to the business requirements I had to extend the stay up to 2 weeks. It become a bit annoying after a such long period. The location is excellent, near to the airport. You can reach it by foot. If don't have high expectations, the restaurant is quite good. Sometime they propose very interesting dishes. The personnel of the hotel and restaurant are very friendly and helpful. They are striving to provide a very good service. A very warm atmosphere. I will strongly recommended it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and especially since you stayed with us for two weeks when it was only meant to be two days!

It sounds as though you did, on the whole, enjoy your time with us. Yes, we do have some lovely staff here who cannot do enough for you and I am glad that this, and our "warm atmosphere", shone through.

I hope that you do come back and stay with us again one day at which point we can, once again, offer you our "very good service".

Until then, dear guest, my best wishes to you.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!