I grew up believing Hilton to be a sign of quality. However, these days that doesn't seem to be the case, in the UK at least. They seem to think that having "Hilton" and "airport" in the title means they don't need to maintain standards inside.
The location is good, as it's within the airport complex so you can walk to the terminals if you wish or use the free shuttle. That's the only positive thing I can think of though.
The lobby looks nice, but the rooms could do with freshening up a little. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned very well. Check-in was very slow despite the fact there were only 2 people ahead of me and the staff were not especially friendly.
I made the mistake of ordering room service which was a complete waste of money. The chips were soggy and lukewarm, the duck was not cooked as described and absolutely disgusting. I ended up eating a granola bar I found in the bottom of my bag instead.
So far, I don't think any of the MAN airport hotels are great, but this is definitely my last choice. As it's a Hilton, you pay more for the room, extra for parking, WiFi, food, etc... which would be fine if the quality was superior to the cheaper hotels, but it isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveniently situated only 5 minutes from Manchester International Airport terminals and 8 miles (15 minutes by train) to Manchester City Centre, this modern hotel is home to Mason's Restaurant& Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Airport Hilton Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Manchester