Hilton Manchester Airport
US$178
US$161
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$95
  • Free Internet
3,296 results
All reviewsmanchester airportpark and flyan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlecourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingfamily roomone night stayan overnight staygood nights sleepnight's sleepminibuskeyspounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nothing special for a Hilton. Just an average hotel. The room was good and the bed was comfy but the bathroom had this horrible smell of a public toilet thus all the room. Good at least we could open the window for some fresh air. The sink in the bathroom has those separated taps so you can only use either hot or cold water when washing your teeth for example..
The location is great, just behind the train station, easy walking to the airport.
We only booked into this hotel for the smoking room, which we didn't get as apparently they don't have smoking family rooms. However this wasn't stated in their website. Also we had an offer for early check in for the prise of 16£ which on arrival turned out to be 20.. All those small things that put you off... The wifi was extra, of course, in my experience the more expensive the hotel the smaller the chance for free wifi..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comments and I am very glad that, on the whole, you did enjoy your stay.

I am sorry about the odour, our head housekeeper has been alerted and will most certainly be looking out for any lingering smells.

I am afraid that we are not allowed to have smoking family rooms as the implcation is smoking with young children in the room.

I am wondering if the £16.00 upgrade was not available and therefore only the £20.00 one left - front office shall be informed to make this very transparent to our guests so that there is no confusion whatsoever.

We do offer complimentary wifi in our lounge and coffee areas, please do ask reception for details of this.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I grew up believing Hilton to be a sign of quality. However, these days that doesn't seem to be the case, in the UK at least. They seem to think that having "Hilton" and "airport" in the title means they don't need to maintain standards inside.
The location is good, as it's within the airport complex so you can walk to the terminals if you wish or use the free shuttle. That's the only positive thing I can think of though.
The lobby looks nice, but the rooms could do with freshening up a little. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned very well. Check-in was very slow despite the fact there were only 2 people ahead of me and the staff were not especially friendly.
I made the mistake of ordering room service which was a complete waste of money. The chips were soggy and lukewarm, the duck was not cooked as described and absolutely disgusting. I ended up eating a granola bar I found in the bottom of my bag instead.
So far, I don't think any of the MAN airport hotels are great, but this is definitely my last choice. As it's a Hilton, you pay more for the room, extra for parking, WiFi, food, etc... which would be fine if the quality was superior to the cheaper hotels, but it isn't.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank littlemissnuisance
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Reading your words, I can feel your disappointment and was wondering if you let us know at the time of your dissatisfaction so that we could have reached out there and then to change it for you?

It is always so hard after the event, and especially with no details to investigate, to make things right, so unless we are given the chance whilst you are here to correct any oversights in our Hilton standard then possibly this is the only forum we have.

I shall most certainly pass on your comments to Chef about the meal and to housekeeping as well. We do strive hard here at the Hilton Manchester Airport to achieve and maintain high standards and it is with the aid of your feedback that we can make this happen.

If you are coming back to stay, please do let us know beforehand so that we can oversee the booking at a personal level. Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the hilton manchester airport with friends before flying off on holiday. Cannot really complain about the hotel. Easy to find. Quite a compact room but it was fresh, clean and a great comfy bed. Even tho the hotel is located bang next to the airport , no sounds of planes during the night.

Reception Staff ok didn't really give much eye contact on check in. Not really enthusiastic about us coming to stay. Working in a hotel myself i expect to be greeted the way i would great my guests in my hotel.

i must say that service in the restaurant was the best in terms of waiting time. We were a party of four and after 5-10 minutes of placing our food order, the food was delivered.There was'nt many staff in the restaurant whilst we were there so if we needed assistance we had to get up and ask for it.

Also, Parking for the night was £15 which is rather expensive.

Apart from the minor negatives the stay was fine nothing to rave about but comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor and it does sound as though you did enjoy your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and, yes, we are very close to the terminal buildings!

Your Mason's experience feels excellent on one level and then slightly let down by having to ask for further service. I shall pass this feedback onto our Mason's Manager whom I know does take all comments very seriously.

I am hoping that due to your "fine stay" that you will be back with us soon dear guest and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis. The location is excellent (close to the airport and train station), the food is good, although the wine is slightly over priced. To be honest, its the staff that make the hotel stay excellent. Everyone is so warm and genuine, from the concierge to the bar staff (esp Gregg) - I did however encounter a very disappointing experience after my last stay.
I accidentally left my Pandora bracelet in the room. I remember taking it off in bed and placing it on the bed side table. Not only is this expensive, but has sentimental value as each charm was given to me at memorable times in my life. I straight away contacted the hotel who put me through to house keeping who told me they would check to see if anything had been found, but nothing. Each day I called and had to explain my story each time. On the 4th attempt the lady was quite sharp, suggesting I should have called before!
Although I appreciate it's my mistake, and realistically I didn't expect to find it, it is how the situation was handled that upsets me. All I wanted was for someone to take responsibility of the situation, and personally ask the lady that cleaned my room, and personally look under the bed and I would have been more than satisfied. A system should be put in place to record all lost and found issues to avoid anyone else suffering my frustration.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Vicky

Thank you for your very nice review of us here at the Airport, and especially about my colleagues, yes they are warm and genuine and I shall certainly pass on your kind comments about Gregg.

With regards to your bracelet, I am so sorry that this has been lost. I can feel from your words how upset, disappointed and annoyed you must have felt and can more than empathise with those sentiments.

We do in fact keep a very concise log of all lost property and send hundreds of items all over the world back to their keepers so are very well versed in handling these situations. It sounds as though, due to the nature of the bookings, when you called, the room was already occupied and, as there had been no report of a found bracelet, then we could not immediately go and check the room for you. The maid would have been asked and we would have searched the room at the first opporunity but, to date, the item has not been found.

I would once again say how much I can feel your disappointment and we do remain vigilent for it turning up, as they sometimes do.

I hope that you are back with us soon Vicky and would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Honours member and have stayed in many of their properties. This particular hotel is low on my list, it's convenient to the airport but no better than average in quality and amenities when compared, for example, to the Hilton Airport Copenhagen. This should be a lesser branded hotel; it's basic and small inside, offers few comforts, lousy beds (rock hard mattress, mushy pillows) and no electrical outlets by the bed! Very typically British!!

Not recommended

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tom

Thank you for your review Tom, and gosh, I am so sorry that we disappointed you. I do not know if you let us know at the time about your issues as we would most certainly have reached out to you there and then to make things right.

If you let me know the next time you are coming to stay, I shall personally oversee the booking to ensure an enjoyable stay. Perhaps we could go into further detail about your preferences and how we can best serve your needs, especially as one of our loyal Hhonors members.

I do hope that you will give us another chance Tom and would assure you of my best attention at all times.