Hilton Manchester Airport
US$178
US$161
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
US$95
  • Free Internet
3,296 results
All reviewsmanchester airportpark and flyan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlecourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingfamily roomone night stayan overnight staygood nights sleepnight's sleepminibuskeyspounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our deal at £29 for one night plus 8 days parking is a superb deal. Our room, 136 was a good size, clean & welcoming. It is on the back of the hotel so we heard no aircraft noise or noise from a nearby rail line. Staff were efficient & friendly and the shuttle bus to the airport terminals takes only 5 minutes. We waited about 10 mins for it to arrive at 4.30am but it was no big deal.

A free phone call produced the shuttle in minutes on our return and our car was waiting undamaged in the hotel car park so it all worked well for us.

Cars are moved offsight for parking so expect about 20 miles to be added to the mileage. The parking firm are APCOA and where I do have an issue with them is the T&C's. The only grounds for any claim for damage to your car is PROVEN negligence by an APCOA employee which will be Impossible to prove I would suggest.

Similarly the T&C's stipulate that your own insurers MUST be the first port of call for any damage so if APCOA damage your car you lose your no claims bonus. In effect the car is moved and parked at your own risk since the T&C's effectively take away all your rights.

We have used this type of deal twice without a problem but be aware that if your motor is damaged the response will be tough, check the T&C's

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave H
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Dave

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of us here at Hilton Manchester Airport.

I am so glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and, yes, what a fantastic deal you achieved! We do have some great rates available so keep looking regularly.

With regards to the parking, I can hear your concerns, however, any incidents are treated individually and therefore it would be wrong of me to comment in this forum. We deal with so few of these incidents and have thousands of cars being picked up, stored and brought back each year exactly the same as when they arrived so please let your mind rest. We have confidence in our car parking partners and would never use a company that we did not have faith in.

I do hope that you will be back with us soon dear guest and hope you went on to have a fantastic holiday.

My very best wishes to you.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here before an early flight.
It does what it says on the tin, it's a Hilton at an airport. I found the reception staff friendly and helpful, both at my late arrival in the evening and the next morning when the shuttle bus was waiting and I was the only one on there! The bar staff were cheerful, the food of the usual Hilton standards. The room was nice, modern, with a comfortable bed. I didn't hear any aircraft noise or any noise in the corridors. I will be staying there again in June.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very succinct review, it is much appreciated and good to know that we are doing what we say we do on the tin!

We all look forward to your return visit in June and, until then, would send you our very best wishes.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night, as was flying into uk, and flying out the following day.

Had requested an early check in at this hotel, as I knew when I arrived I would have been up for the best part of 2 days. This was one of the main reasons for staying here, and also the fact that I could walk there in 5 minutes from the arrival terminal.

Checked in at 1130, and went smoothly. Went down for dinner at about 1900, after some much needed sleep, in a very comfortable bed. I was given the option of many tables, and the staff were very friendly and curteous through out.

The bathrooms are spotless, with the usual selection of toiletries. The room is very quiet as well, so sleeping is no problem.

Breakfast starts at 4am, but hot food doesn't start till 5. The hotel also has a curtesy bus which will take u, to and from the airport.

First class stay.
Will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. "First class stay. Will be back" says it all!

We all look forward to your return visit dear guest and send you our very best wishes.

Many kind regards

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nothing special for a Hilton. Just an average hotel. The room was good and the bed was comfy but the bathroom had this horrible smell of a public toilet thus all the room. Good at least we could open the window for some fresh air. The sink in the bathroom has those separated taps so you can only use either hot or cold water when washing your teeth for example..
The location is great, just behind the train station, easy walking to the airport.
We only booked into this hotel for the smoking room, which we didn't get as apparently they don't have smoking family rooms. However this wasn't stated in their website. Also we had an offer for early check in for the prise of 16£ which on arrival turned out to be 20.. All those small things that put you off... The wifi was extra, of course, in my experience the more expensive the hotel the smaller the chance for free wifi..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comments and I am very glad that, on the whole, you did enjoy your stay.

I am sorry about the odour, our head housekeeper has been alerted and will most certainly be looking out for any lingering smells.

I am afraid that we are not allowed to have smoking family rooms as the implcation is smoking with young children in the room.

I am wondering if the £16.00 upgrade was not available and therefore only the £20.00 one left - front office shall be informed to make this very transparent to our guests so that there is no confusion whatsoever.

We do offer complimentary wifi in our lounge and coffee areas, please do ask reception for details of this.

I do hope that you can be back with us soon and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I grew up believing Hilton to be a sign of quality. However, these days that doesn't seem to be the case, in the UK at least. They seem to think that having "Hilton" and "airport" in the title means they don't need to maintain standards inside.
The location is good, as it's within the airport complex so you can walk to the terminals if you wish or use the free shuttle. That's the only positive thing I can think of though.
The lobby looks nice, but the rooms could do with freshening up a little. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned very well. Check-in was very slow despite the fact there were only 2 people ahead of me and the staff were not especially friendly.
I made the mistake of ordering room service which was a complete waste of money. The chips were soggy and lukewarm, the duck was not cooked as described and absolutely disgusting. I ended up eating a granola bar I found in the bottom of my bag instead.
So far, I don't think any of the MAN airport hotels are great, but this is definitely my last choice. As it's a Hilton, you pay more for the room, extra for parking, WiFi, food, etc... which would be fine if the quality was superior to the cheaper hotels, but it isn't.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank littlemissnuisance
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Reading your words, I can feel your disappointment and was wondering if you let us know at the time of your dissatisfaction so that we could have reached out there and then to change it for you?

It is always so hard after the event, and especially with no details to investigate, to make things right, so unless we are given the chance whilst you are here to correct any oversights in our Hilton standard then possibly this is the only forum we have.

I shall most certainly pass on your comments to Chef about the meal and to housekeeping as well. We do strive hard here at the Hilton Manchester Airport to achieve and maintain high standards and it is with the aid of your feedback that we can make this happen.

If you are coming back to stay, please do let us know beforehand so that we can oversee the booking at a personal level. Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.