“Good experience - Highly Recommended”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #57 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good experience - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Bed and Breakfast for one night with parking for 15 days found this hotel to be excellent value ideal location for airport, excellent service to terminal on departure and especially quick to collect on arrival back.
Room was very nice and one of the most comfortable bed's I've slept in for an hotel
Great Breakfast really enjoyable stay
Best start to our Holiday

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Manchester Airport.
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and you are happy to recommend us
I will ensure that your kind feedback is shared with all my team here at the Hhotel, as it will act as a great motivator.
Thank you, once again for your valued and kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cumbernauld
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night it was a very expensive overnight stay ! £8.50 for a glass of wine the waitress didn't tell is there were to two menus and the cheaper one was better for kids! Rooms do need sprucing up they felt a bit old but were clean

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

I was pleased to hear that you felt the room was clean, however I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, particularly the menu presentation and prices. Your comments have been noted and passed to my Food and Beverage manager for his review and action.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed one night with parking for 15 days found this hotel to be very competitive on price ideal location for airport,priority check in for Hilton Honours very good,excellent service to terminal on departure and especially quick to collect on arrival back.Room was very nice and overall a good experience,one of the best Hiltons I have stayed in in UK,Blackpool take note.Bar area very good food a bit pricey but we were on holiday,bed was excellent very comfortable reception staff very helpful.Added note thank you Sue Harman.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mervyncutting
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night with a friend before our flight to Spain. Staff were welcoming, atmosphere was great and the beds were luxury! We enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely come here again! Also appreciated the 24hr shuttle bus to the airport!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AmyJameson93
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear calowYork
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you found the staff welcoming and the bed comfortable !!
I will ensure that your kind feedback is shared with all my team here at the hotel, as it will act as a great motivator.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night prior to flying on holiday and paid to have our car parked here whilst away.

Check in and out was quick and easy to do and the room more the than adequate for a nights stay. We ate in the bar the night we arrived and it was ok, and very expensive. Probably wouldn't bother if we stayed again. Pudding was good though!

Parking is easy to do and very clear instructions on how to get back to the hotel to collect the car after the holiday. We landed at about 4.30am and probably phoned the hotel on the courtesy phone at 5am. We were told where to wait and it would be no longer than 10-15 min. After seeing 2 hilton hotel shuttles pass us and not stop we phoned the hotel, we got told he would speak to the driver. 10 min passed and another shuttle about to pass us when I flagged him down. He had dropped some people off and was on his way back. Why he couldn't have been told he needed to collect us I don't know. He then spoke to someone and told them he had picked us up. Getting to the hotel and picking the car up was then really easy and quick to do.

Would stay again for an early flight but they need to sort the return shuttles out!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Rachael,

I was pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I have certainly noted your comments about your experience with our shuttle bus service and have asked that my Front of House manager reviews our communication process.

Your comments regarding our pricing in the bar have also been noted, though I am pleased you enjoyed the pudding !!.

Thank you, once again for your valued feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After 4 nights in another hotel without AC, and the UK having a week of record high temps, I was ready for a good sleep before heading back to the US. Tthe AC that I was dying to have sounded like a train when it was running. I slept well in spite of the noise. The bath was well appointed, except for the inability to use the hairdryer in the bathroom (shavers only). The TV channel choices were sparse. There was an ample desk, storage and closet and also a fridge. Now for the down part - the restaurant/bar. First, I sat for a good 7-10 minutes before someone finally waited on me in the bar area. I ordered a martini, dry and dirty. When it finally arrived, it was barely enough vodka to cover the olives. I ordered a lasagna with a glass of wine and had an apple tart for dessert. The lasagna was nice, the tart - not so much. It took the waiter two tries to bring my tawny Port with my dessert (first serving was a tonic water). The bill was the shocker. That tiny dollop of vodka was almost $20 and my overall bill was ~ $100 (US). My advice is to eat somewhere else before arrival and skip the bar. I realize that airport hotels/restaurants are usually more expensive, but this was not up to the price. The best part was that the service van to the airport was fast and the driver very helpful and nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Manchester Airport, following your recent stay.

It was disappointing to note that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. Your particular comments regarding the air condtioning noise and your experience in our restaurant and bar have been noted and we thank you for your detailed feedback.

Your comments regarding the quality and pricing of food and drink in the restaurant have been noted and shared with our Head Chef and Bars Manager for them to review.

On a positive note we were pleased you appreciated our courtesy shuttle service, and do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back for a further visit.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Manchester Airport.

Best Regards
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel many times as this is where my work book me when I am away on business. Location is great close to the airport and train station . Hotel is very small and rooms are basic . Staff in the bar I found to be very slow I had to ask for a bill on three separate occasions , service in bar is not of hilton standard an food is very basic however I have to eat there as it's sometimes late in the evening when I have returned from meetings . Reception staff seem unhelpful and most things seem like an effort I used a company card to pay for the room , on check out I asked to pay the extras with same card but was informed by reception staff I have to use another card ? I think this was a more convient option for her . Also two of my items I have left in room have vanished I checked out on a Monday morning only to find when driving back to Glasgow I had left a jacket hanging in the wardrobe I called hotel they said they would check with housekeeping I was put on hold and then the lady advised there was no jacket . This also happened with pyjs I left in room again called an also asked on my return stays if they had managed to find these items ? Minor clothing items that can be replaced however very disappointing to stay the least . Also airline crews stay at this hotel most nights so if you are checking in or out when thy arrive be prepared to go to the back of the que while the airline staff are seen to then reception staff will deal with us "normal customers" it seems . I am a paying customer too . This hotel has potential and takes a lot of guests due to it's airport location however a little more customer service skills and manners would be do this hotel wonders .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amc5790
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I am so sorry that your stay was marred on more than one level.

Reading your words, I can feel how disappointed, annoyed and let down you must have felt and can certainly empathise with those sentiments.

I shall certainly request that our housekeeping manager is aware of your comments so that our lost property process can be reviewed and that our reception is more aware of our guests' needs and how best to fulfill these, to ensure all guests feel valued and cared for

Once again, I would apologise to you wholeheartedly for your less than perfect stays and do wish you to know that we have taken your feedback with all seriousness and will act upon your comments.

I do hope that you decide to come back and stay with us again soon. Please do let me know when that is so that I can personally oversee the booking for you.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!