“Comfortable”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Usual Hilton predictable package - clean, comfortable rooms and good air-con (it was a hot weekend) with really good breakfast. Friendly and efficient reception. Manically friendly hostess at breakfast - being asked if everything was all right 9 times was a bit OTT. Only gripe - our room was next door to housekeeping facility - they started in and out from 6am and the door slammed 20+ times until 6.30am when all went quiet - so no chance of sleepy lie-in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Manchester Airport

Please be assured that all your kind feedback has been noted, and will be shared with all my team, as it acts as a great motivator. Thank you.

We have also passed on your comments to our Executive Head Housekeeper regarding the noise disruption that you experienced early in the morning. I am sorry you were not able to have a lie in.

Thank you again for your comments, I do hope to welocme you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Good shuttle service. Rooms average. Service very good. Good restaurant (Mason's) - see separate review. Prices were similar to the Radisson, but the rooms were not quite on the same level. Also, the Radisson is actually inside the airport, so no need to venture outside. It is a good alternative, however, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review on trip advisor following your stay at Hilton Manchester Airport.

I have noted your comments about the bedrooms but am pleased that it would not dter you from returning. I was pleased to read that you found our service and in particular the shuttle service good as well as enjoying Masons restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a room at this hotel this morning at 6.30am. Myself and my sister had just landed after a 9 hour flight and my sister was feeling very unwell. The man I spoke to, who I assume was the manager, was so pleasant and accommodating to my situation. He provided my sister and I with a room until 12pm for a reasonable price. Very thoughtful hotel and I would definitely stay there again. Helpful in a time of need :) lovely room also. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank soydanielle
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review on trip advisor following your recent unexpected stay at Hilton Manchester Airport.

I was delighted to read that we were able to respond well in your time of need and that we were helpful too. I have passed your comments on my team as they act as a great motivator.

I hope you feel better and next time you are with us you will be able to enjoy our facilities.

Thanks again for your kind feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The bed was as hard as a rock and gave us backache! Awoken at 4/5 am by glass recycling and could not go back to sleep, not a good start before our flight/holiday. Shower function very poor and bathroom looked like it needed a refurb. Pluses were that the food from room services was very nice and staff helpful and polite. But overall not the best at all. The B and B we stayed in in ireland was much better!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sonia,

Thank you for completing a review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Airport.

I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted and shared with the relevant Heads of Department so that they may check and resolve the issues that you experienced.

On a brigher note, I a m pleased that you enjoyed your food the team were cheerful and polite.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton - Manchester Airport in the UK. My room was clean and quiet. I had called the desk for a wake-up call and was surprised to learn that they do not offer this service. I used the alarm clock - it was easy. I found most of the staff to be very helpful and the shuttle service to the airport worked out perfectly. I was there for only one night, but this was the second time I have stayed at this hotel. I would stay again. The price was still high on one hand, but was more reasonable then others I had looked into… If you want some place convenient to the airport - this worked out perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Manchester Airport.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay again. I am sorry that we are not able to offer wake up calls, but am pleased that you found one of our alternatives easy to use.
I will ensure that your kind feedback is shared with all my team, in particular my shuttle bus team here at the hotel, as it will act as a great motivator.
Thank you, once again for your valued and kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

FYI, This hotel does not have air conditioning. Our room was quite hot. The windows open about three inches,which gave a small amount of relief from the heat, but a group of people were outside smoking and talking loudly for hours. Both the smoke and conversation came through our window, even though we were on the fifth floor and long after we called down and complained. Oh, and the wifi wasn't working, which is not great given all the things one usually needs to do online the evening before a flight. If you have a car, make sure you mention it, as there is a fee for parking.The bed and room were basic, clean and fine. The girl at the desk in the morning was very kind. But it was a miserable night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GM_HiltonMA, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry that you stay was not as comfortable as it should have been due to the warmth of your bedroom. I do not know if you asked someone to assist you with the air cooling on offer to you, as we do have heating and cooling in all bedroom s- I have asked my Facilities team to investigate your comments and to revisit the guidance given to guests should they require.

Thank you for your nice comments about our receptionist. They are much appreciated

Thank you, once again for your valued feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Bed and Breakfast for one night with parking for 15 days found this hotel to be excellent value ideal location for airport, excellent service to terminal on departure and especially quick to collect on arrival back.
Room was very nice and one of the most comfortable bed's I've slept in for an hotel
Great Breakfast really enjoyable stay
Best start to our Holiday

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and you are happy to recommend us
I will ensure that your kind feedback is shared with all my team here at the Hhotel, as it will act as a great motivator.