“5 am check in so perfect for overnighting.”

Hilton Manchester Airport
Ranked #59 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Monaco
“5 am check in so perfect for overnighting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My flight was 7am so I had a 5 am check in, so the Hilton with its free courtesy bus was a perfect location. I was told breakfast was served from 04.30..... BUT only the cold fruit/cereal, etc etc is available. The hot cooked English breakfast is not available until later. The room was clean quite and comfortable, the phone at the bedside had the wrong room number on it, and was still showing the wake up call button. So after a few attempts at setting the phone, I had to call reception which took ages to answer. I was then informed that wake up calls are programmed on the TV. I am not stupid but with the phone still showing the wake up call button, and I had not bothered to turn on the TV how was I supposed to know the new rule ???
Easy to put right but annoying when really tired and wanting to get to sleep ASAP

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased that we enabled your early morning check-in to be hassle-free, yes, being so close to the hotel it really does help.

I am sorry about the issue with your alarm, and you are quite right, it should be far more transparent and I shall certainly pass this on to both our housekeeping and front office managers. Once again, my sincere apologies to you for having the inconvenience.

Our continental breakfast commences at 0430 hours with full English an hour later at 0530. We do have a wide selection at the early time of croissants, rolls, breads, cereals, yogurts, etc so I do hope that you enjoyed your early meal.

We all look forward to having you back here as our guest, perhaps a bit later flight will enable the "best in the business" full English! Until then, my very best wishes to you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We where flying to pefkos in greece on July 29th 2014 so I decided to book the hilton hotel manchester airport because we had a early morning flight.I had read the reviews of the hotel before on tripadvisor and please don't listen to them,what a hotel we rang before to see if we could check in early due to the fact we had a 1 year old baby girl and she would want something to eat and they said it was fine,upon arrival we checked in and was taken to our room by a lady who was the manger of the cleaning team (sorry carnt Rember your name).we got to the room and it wasn't ready so she took it upon herself to offer us free drinks and food to say sorry for the mistake that lady was brilliant she even found time to seat down and speak to us and my baby girl loved her the hotel is clean and every member of staff are so helpful and polite to every member of the public.the food was excellent and the room was brilliant.So Thankyou for a brilliant stay at the hilton and trust me people if you book you won't be dissapointed we have booked for next year but for two nights we loved it that much and a big Thankyou for the lady in charge of the cleaning team you made is feel so welcome.See you next July.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank justindennehy
Dear Justin

Thank you so much for your really lovely review of us here at the airport and I am so glad that we made your stay so welcoming. We do truly have a wonderful team who will reach out to help wherever they can, making all of our guests feel cared for, valued and respected.

We all know that it can be stressful travelling with ltitle ones and, as most of us are parents ourselves, we understand the important of meals and rest and, if your experience is good and relaxing, then baby will be relaxed too ... and vice versa!

I shall certainly pass on your kind comments to our housekeeping department and I know that they will be thrilled to be mentioned.

We all look forward to your return visit next year, seems a long way off but I am sure it will fly by.

Until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Warm regards
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights. We flew in late, and were actually in our room 30 minutes after touching down on the runway! As soon as you come through customs, there's a free hotel phone on the wall straight ahead on the right. Call them and they pick you up within 5 minutes! You could actually walk to the hotel, but with luggage and roads without sidewalks it's easier to take the shuttle bus.

Well appointed rooms (iron, coffee & tea maker) with lots of space and the price was certainly excellent. We paid 90 Swiss francs (about US$) including breakfast (it was supposedly a summer sale). There's a nice bar downstairs that doubles up as the breakfast room. Lots of choice and very, very friendly staff! The next day we walked across the road to the station - 5 minutes - and caught a train into the city, which took about 20 minutes. That evening we had more family flying in so the location was excellent. The rental car companies will pick you up from any of the airport hotels (there's also a Radisson and a few others next door). Would definitely stay here again for the convenience!

Room Tip: They're all basically the same. The hotel is near an airport, so views are not a big thing.
york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff are very friendly and the parking service was very good for the airport, however, the rooms are basic, the showers are very weak and my wife nearly got poisoned by uncooked prawns during the evening meal. Not a great start to a holiday. Stay away.

1 Thank stuandang
Majorca, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

A 21st century hotel with no wi-fi in the room, unless you want to pay extra. If your planning on staying here on business, don't bother. Further, the room needs updating, extremely tatty and smells of wee.

3 Thank Estepa536
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I am sorry that you have had cause to complain.

We do have wifi in our bedrrooms and offer complimentary wifi in our lobby and coffee areas as well - just ask our team for details of this and they will explain the process with pleasure.

I do not know if you alterted us at the time about the odour in your room as we would have loved to reach out and make it right for you there and then as it is always very difficult to right a wrong once a guest has left. However, I have requested that housekeeping looks into this so that it can be eradicated post haste.

I do hope that, upon reflection, you will decide to come back and stay with us again and, until then, I would offer you my very best wishes.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

One nights stay at the Manchester airport hilton.

Quick, free transfer from the airport to the hotel and back the next day ( but do tip the driver ;)

Went for a smoking room as we didn't fancy having to traip in and out of the hotel for a smoke, the only criticism of that choice was that the room had a slightly overpowering smell of air freshener.

Room would have benefited from having it's carpet and recliner shampooed, but the bed, bedding and bathroom was spotless.

There was a persistent noise from the air con units outside that the window failed to insulate us from but other rooms may not suffer this and we are not used to any noise at night.

The evening meal was great with attentive staff, good choice of wine but ££! for our tastes.

The breakfast was the standard set of juices, cereals and cooked various all to a high standard.

We would recommend the hotel, the prices were on special at the time so we had a cheap over night break but we would easily have paid more for the same stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris J
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very disappointing for the firm price you pay!
Not clean, spiders, dust, spiderwebs, smell, and even the shampoo bottles were half used. This is not done if you ask me.
One would expect a bit more from Hilton - even it is 'just' an airport hotel!

Wifi and parking comes at a cost.

Personnel very friendly though!
Free pick up and drop off service to airport. Unfortunately not to car rental park, but there's free shuttles from all airport terminals.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonMA, Manager at Hilton Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write a review and I am very sorry that you have had cause to complain. Reading your wrods, I can feel how disappointed, let down and annoyed you felt and can understand entirely your sentiments.

I do not know if you brought these issues to our attention at the time as we would have loved to reach out to make it right for you there and then by either immediately sending housekeeping to the room or room moving you. It is always incredibly difficult after the event to rectify a wrong but do wish you to know that we have taken your feedback seriously and housekeeping are acting upon your words.

I would like to believe that this is certainly a one-off situation dear guest as we do strive hard to achieve and maintain high standards here at the Hilton Manchester Airport.

I do hope that, in hindsight, you will be able to stay with us again and, until then, would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Hilton Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!