Hallmark Inn Manchester South
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Didsbury House(Manchester)
View Hotel
All reviewswillow bankwillowbank hotelcity centresecure parkingcurry ricesuperior roommain roadsingle roompublic areasreception stafffull englishfallowfieldchristieconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed in the 'old' part of the hotel up the wooden stairs. Very large room with high ceiling. Bathroom was a little dated, but all facilities were very clean. Super king size bed lovely and large. Quiet considering the busy road nearby and was off the main old staircase and above the bar. Parking free as arrived before 6pm, so there was a space at the front. Good value.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Unison22

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.
I am delighted that your stay was a pleasant one and that the team were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable.
Thank you for your kind words, which of course will be shared with the team.
I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on a KGB deal, got b & b & 3 drinks vouchers per person per night which was good, & ate in the restaurant one evening & spent 36.00 on 3 courses each & got a free litre of wine. Staff excellent, rooms clean modern & bright, food absolutely excellent breakfast good choices , evening meal loads to choose from. 15 min bus ride to city centre which was ok & lots of bars & restaurants in immediate area. It is in the student area but that was not a problem! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Sarahbank

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your two night break with us, sampling all that the hotel and Manchester has to offer.
Your kind words will of course be shared with the team, i do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here, overnight , for the past 4 years and witnessed a general decline. Looks great from the street. Nice reception area, but the rooms are a real let down. Mine was called a double executive[HA HA!] the carpet had a large stain on it and the room had a srong stale aroma. When I tried to open the top window the handle was too loose, so I had to open the lower window, this was open all night ,as I couldnt get rid of the smell.The room was grubby and not as clean as I would have expected from a Best Western group hotel. Would never stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sandy999amb

Dear Sandy999amp

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.

I am sincerely sorry that on this occasion, we did not live up to your expectations and indeed our own usual standards.

Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and maintenance teams and I am pleased to say that the points raised have now been attended too.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience, should you wish to stay with us next October please do book with me directly and I will personally assure you of a superior stay.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This must be the worst hotel room i have stayed in for a very long time. It is dirty, the furniture and carpet is battered and stained, The walls are marked and it is generally incredibly depressing. It was very difficult to squeeze my car onto the front car park though it seems that if you pay £5 you can park at the rear! I can see no redeeming features whatsoever and I would certainly never stay here again.

Room Tip: ironically the pleasant receptionist told me at check in that she had a nice room for me ... she is either deluded or needs to do a little research into hotel accommodation!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Staffs18
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Staffs18

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry that your stay with us wasnt a positive experience for you.
I am sorry that you found our furnishings to be battered,The hotel does have a rolling redecoration programme in place to systematically redecorate and refurbish our bedroom stock, However this is no excuse for finding one of our rooms dirty, Our housekeeping team work hard to maintain cleanliness levels to a high standard, I apologise if on this occasion we failed to meet our own usual high standards.
The hotel does have limited free car parking at the front of the hotel which is on a first come first served basis, we then have a further secured car park at the rear, we feel that £5.00 for secured carparking in the city is very reasonable.
We do take customer feed back very seriously, and would love the chance to welcome you back in the future to assure you that we do usually get it right!
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you are in Manchester and I would be delighted to handle your booking personally to ensure you a superior stay.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A bit of a dated hotel showing signs of wear and tear in places, however perfectly adequate for a stay for business purposes. Excellent buffet breakfast with a huge selection to choose from, also certain items cooked to order. They often do vouchers for 3 free drinks per night which is good, although the beer is a bit ropey, this is often the case with hotels though. Free parking, fairly quiet, not the nicest of areas mind. Free wifi with intermittent signal. Free use of a PC in reception as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear bulkomuff

I am pleased that your stay was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
We are scheduled to have a complete refurbishment of our Lounge, Bar, Conference area's and Restaurant in tye early months of 2014, so this should hopefully address some of your comments raised.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future