Hallmark Inn Manchester South
US$125
Doubletree
US$125
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$127
US$115
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswillow bankwillowbank hotelcity centresecure parkingcurry ricesuperior roommain roadsingle roompublic areasreception stafffull englishfallowfieldchristieconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, modern reception area & lobby & lovely comfy lounge area, as visiting family didn't have any meals but enjoyed liqueur coffees in the lounge, only drawback was that water was extremely hot in the bathroom & got burnt trying to turn off shower without trying to get under it! Did mention this on handy hanging door information! Rooms very nice & everything you could want, very friendly accommodating staff including bar man who didn't know how to make liqueur coffee but found someone who could! Would definitely stay again when visiting family.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Neill S, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear ScoobydooFalkirk

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel, I am delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one for you, and that the team were helpful and accommodating.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again when you next visit family

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Only staying for one night on a business trip, my arrival started as it would any other entrance to a hotel... You walk up to the reception to check in. Having had the company leave instruction on the booking form to take full payment of hotel from the credit card used to make bookings, the hotel informed me this instruction had somehow been "missed" and I will have to pay up front. I know the booking firm is not a book of war and peace, it's a simple case of what type of room, breakfast and oh.. That's how he/she is paying. Simples. Regardless I bit the bullet and will expense the hotel bill next payment run.

Then you get handed over a key... Which for this day and age at a hotel is rare. Not thinking much about it I make my way to the room, and even before I open the door.. I hear a noise inside. My initial thought is someone already in it. Open the door to find myself a room smaller than my car and the noise I referenced, was a fan full blast attempting to cook the hot humidity of the room.

Now I know the hotel can't control the weather, and fair play for putting a fan in the room. But surely an air conditioning unit would be more effective? Espically as my room was pointing towards the main road, and with the combined noise of the fan, the occasional cars and drunk people passing along, and the heat of the room did not make for a enjoyable nights stay.

Really I should rate this "poor" but the staff were friendly, and the breakfast was... Average.

Oh yea.... And the shower compartment has a leak.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liam R

Dear Liam R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel, please accept my apologizes for any confusion during your check in with relation to the booking agent confirmation, please do book direct with the hotel in future and we can assure all your accounting instructions are followed to your instructions.

The Hotel was extremely busy on the night of your stay, with rooms booked in line with the room type booked, which unfortunately left us without any complimentary upgrades for you, with the compact single room being allocated in line with your booking, The fan left in the room was inline with the booking comments, I note your comments about air conditioning and our security system and will pass on to our company MD for consideration during our next phrase of refurbishments.

Thank you for your kind words about our team, on behalf of all of them I would like to thank you for your business and hope that we can welcome you back in the future, please contact me directly to make your booking and I will assure you a superior stay with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Willowbank Hotel as we were in Manchester for a family wedding. Its decor is fab and the bar/restaurant areas are very good. Breakfast was nice with hot and cold buffet but make sure you know the price before you go to pay. We were told three different prices by waiting staff and reception staff.

The rooms were very nice and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was well done and the shower great. Unfortunately, there is a problem with creaky floorboards..! Our room had lots of them and so did the room above us. We were in room 39. The corridors were the same too so no quiet walking down the corridor when we arrived back from the wedding reception at midnight.

On the wedsite it says £5 car parking but thats for the gated carpark. The front of the hotel has some off road parking for free, first come, first served, we used that.

Room Tip: Room 39 was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank krae27

Dear Krae27

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel,I am delighted that you loved our stunning new Bar, Lounge & Restaurant refurbishment and thatt you found our accommodation comfortable for your requirements.

I have noted your comments about creaky floor boards which we will hopefully address during our next phrase of bedroom and corridor refurbishments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed one night for business. It's in a good location, a few minutes off the M60. The room I had was pretty small and dated, but it was spotlessly clean and well equipped. In fact I do wonder if they'd tried too hard with the interior as it had a double bed, two chairs, a TV, a stereo and desk! It made it quite hard to get around the room actually. The bed comfort was good though.

I ate in the bar and the quality and price of the food was good. The service from start to finish was excellent and the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Check in and out were hassle free and quick. The car park is secure behind a locked gate which was another plus.

I'd use the place again if I needed to but there is plenty of choice in that area so a refresh of the decor would help tempt me back rather than stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Jeremy H

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel, I am delighted that your stay with us was a positive experience and that you found our services met your requirements in both comfort and service detail.
We do have a continual re decoration programme in place to constantly improve on our bedroom stock.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked this hotel based on the fact that it was in close proximity to the Christie’s Hospital my sister was having surgery there.
We had a very warm welcome and although we arrived quite early so we could get to the hospital in time for visiting we was offered a room straight away. The room was at the end of the corridor so was a quiet room, a bit on the small side for a twin however it had everything we required for an overnight stay and was really comfortable.
On the evening my brother-in-law also booked after visiting was over at the hospital, we decided to have our evening meal there as it was getting late, the menu was limited but may I say the quality was amazing, the tasty homemade chips where a joy, I had the corn fed chicken breast and my sister and b-in-law ordered a steak. Unfortunately my b-in-law received an urgent call from the Hospital so had to leave immediately, leaving behind his half eaten starter and a glass of well deserved wine. The receptionist also rang the hospital for us so we I could check the situation.
I explained to the waiter Mick who said that it was fine and how sorry he was for us he said if My B-in-Law comes back he will arrange for him to have some sandwiches and also he would not be charged for his food. All the staff where very nice and nothing was too much trouble, they were very kind and considerate and wished us well when we left the restaurant.
So just to conclude this hotel is perfect for any one with loved ones attending Christie’s, the staff made a difficult time seems a little less stressful.
Thank you to all the Management at the Willowbank, your staff are a credit to you, I would defiantly stay again even if I wasn’t visiting Christie’s
Jackie

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Jackie P

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.
I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one for you and that you found the hotel comfortable for your requirements, I am thrilled you enjoyed both excellent food and service in our restaurant, your comments will of course be shared with the team.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future