This Hotel states "WE DARE YOU" Well i dared to go to this Hotel to see what people liked or disliked about it, well i can tell you i enjoyed every bit of this dare experience, i travelled by Train to Manchester and when i got off the Train and ventured out on the Street what do i see but the Malmaison Hotel sign.
When i walked in the Reception which was not full and as we got to the Hotel early i asked if i could leave our bags somewhere safe until our rooms were ready, the lovely lady on the Reception she she would get a room for us straight away (lovely) so we could go around Manchester shopping (lovely for my other half).
As i was under the weather (Man Flu) we decided to eat in the Hotel Dinning room, the Steak was Fantastic that i ordered, the Marrow bone that came with it that i did try was a waste of time really, the Chips that came with it in a cone Design was lovely.
The Bedroom was dark but cosy, the bed was firm but i slept like a log, the bathroom was large and funky, so all in all the room was what i was looking for.
The bar was a bit strange at first, with the bar staff lower down below you when you sat at the bar after a time you got used to it and it made you talk to the Bar staff at eye level, a young kid behind the bar called James that had only worked at the Malmaison for 6 weeks but what a nice guy a real northern in fact everyone in that bar was so friendly it was a good craic, everyone was there for a good time and it showed.
The acid test of my experience is that i am going back in December to do some Chrimbo shopping and i am defo going to stay at the Malmaison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel